Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:39 PM
Default Expand the View of Neighborhood Deco. from Lot
Is there a mod that increases the view distance of neighborhood decorations so that you can see decorations placed at the farthest corners of the neighborhood while you are loaded in a lot? I know there are in-game settings where you can increase this distance, but it does not increase it by that much.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2017 at 7:46 PM
There is a cheat which increases the visible lot skirt view but I wouldn't recommend it. It can cause real graphic problems.

The sky fix does help with neighbourhood borders: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=569032

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th May 2017 at 11:53 AM
To increase your view distance to the end of the neighborhood you must use this cheat:
uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 120

And in order to see flora in the distance:
boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false

You can also turn off the fade distance in the settings so you can really see all objects no matter where your camera is positioned. Also sometimes objects are not showing up even if you are not close to them. So turning it off completely helps.

As already mentioned you should use SkyFix to see what's behind the invinsible neighborhood 'walls'. You will be able to see stars and other sky objects that Maxis screw up in the Seasons EP. Also with SkyFix you can place horizon and cloud objects in your neighborhood which then can be seen from lot.

To be honest, I never had a problem with the lotSkirtSizeIncrease. Everything works fine, I can see all objects in my neighborhood. No graphical glitches or crashes. It goes not get laggy, the only thing that laggs in my game is the actual lot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2017 at 6:07 PM
Thanks Bob Newbie. "boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false" is just what I was looking for! Also Thanks Maxon for the link to the sky fix mod. I solved another problem I was having.