Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 5:39 PM
I'm bumping this as I've just uploaded at Around the Sims 3 a functional bakery shop (functional with Ani's Shop from Inventory mod) with edible cakes.

It's not full new meals with recipes and ingredients, but as it's still a bit of custom food, I'm going to explain how I did it, because it's pretty easy - and that I'd love downloading more custom food!

It's easy to do, once you have the how-to, but how many headaches I've spent on this before finding something!! I had read and re-read this thread, explored pizza, birthday cakes... lost my hair and burnt my brain.

How-to
The only thing I got working during all my attempts, was the WA dried food.
So, I cloned a plant (the smallest topiary), and replaced its Script Class Editor found in the OBJK by the one used with the dried food (Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.FoodObjects.DriedFoodHigh), and checked the "LiveDraggingEnabled" in ObjectTypeFlags, to be able to put it in chests and then sell it with Ani's mod.
And that's all. You get a recolorable edible object.

So, sure, it's not perfect: Snob Sims know it's based on dried food and hate it, but Natural Cook love it! It's mainly a snack your Sims will eat standing, but it's possible to have them eating on a seat, if you make them sit, then click in their inventory where there's their cake, and click on "eat".
But the nice thing is that you have 3 qualities of food available (low, medium and high). Cherry on the cake: World Adventure isn't even required! I tried in my base game, and it worked.

I hope it helps a bit. Each time, I made researches on custom food for Sims 3, I stumbled on this thread, so maybe it will help people who just want to make snacks like this.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:22 PM
Too Bad it's cloned from the Wa Dried food but what you did is beyond Amazing! Eventually the food will be cloned from the cake, basegame recipes etc..only one question is the food a completely custom object and not a default replacment I hope it not too of a stupid queston. But amazing job!!
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#28 Old 10th Feb 2012 at 10:35 PM
It wouldn't be default replacement, it is just an object using the same script(functionality) as the Dried Food.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#29 Old 13th May 2012 at 6:22 PM
Not to be a retard, but do we have to remesh the cloned object to fit the edible food we're trying to make? For example, if I tried to make a taco, would I have to remesh it to be the shape of a taco, or would a simple retexture/recolor do the trick? If I do have to remesh it, what program could I use?

Sorry to annoy more experienced creators with so many newbie questions, but I'm new to this stuff and I plan to make a boatload of food.
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 7:43 AM
How do i put the pastries in the chest??
Page 2 of 2