Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2017 at 9:33 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 11th May 2017 at 12:49 PM.
Default Young Adults
I'm starting a new hood and I don't want the females to go to college, but it sure would be nice if they could be young adults. I know there's a mod somewhere to let ya live at home, and I may be able to find that and make it work. But the best solution would be if I could have them be young adults without going to college. Also, a tutorial on something like that would be helpful. I did look but a search for ya hacks brought no results on downloads on wikia.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th May 2017 at 11:50 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 11th May 2017 at 12:07 AM.
I almost did not click on this due to the lack of description in the title - "ya" does not give much to go on.

Now, as for mods, you could try testing to see if using Squinge's Mega College Pack and Inge's University Break mods together makes things easier to customize.

The college pack mod allows for staying in the main 'hood to attend college, thus allowing for the young adult stage at home. You could then try and use the university break mod to keep whatever sims you want to skip college from getting bugged about going to class.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2017 at 1:28 AM
Yeah, it was supposed to be YA, but I did it in a hurry and don't know if I can go back and change it.

Thanks. I've bookmarked those and will go back and look at them. I may end up just skipping that life stage for females, but for this hood particularly, I would really like it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2017 at 3:00 AM
You can always edit your posts.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th May 2017 at 3:48 AM
I just use the simblender. You do have to manually count the days since they have a uni student semester bar. Also they should not have to go to class but sometimes I have that triggered and have to cancel it out. The reason I don't use Squing'es cake is the cake gives them a memory of going to uni and the simblender doesn't. I use no memory uneducated to stop them crying about not going to uni.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2017 at 3:58 AM
I thought the title was some informal greeting .... kind of like what is probably now the old-fashioned "Yo!"

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th May 2017 at 7:04 AM
I thought it was about where to find Ya's mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th May 2017 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Yeah, it was supposed to be YA, but I did it in a hurry and don't know if I can go back and change it.

Thanks. I've bookmarked those and will go back and look at them. I may end up just skipping that life stage for females, but for this hood particularly, I would really like it.

Just edit your post - you can change the title when you do.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#9 Old 11th May 2017 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I just use the simblender. You do have to manually count the days since they have a uni student semester bar. Also they should not have to go to class but sometimes I have that triggered and have to cancel it out. The reason I don't use Squing'es cake is the cake gives them a memory of going to uni and the simblender doesn't. I use no memory uneducated to stop them crying about not going to uni.

Same here on using Simblender to age them up to young adult, instead of using Squinge's cake.

Have been using the in-neighborhood college pack mod without using the birthday cake that comes with so long, that I forgot to even mention not using it to age sims that you don't want to send to/have a memory of attending college.

And...even in the main neighborhood, my sims always go to class on their own, whether or not I have registered them for a major (just like they do in the actual university neighborhood). That's why I suggested using Inge's university vacation mod, for those of us who don't watch their sims close enough to cancel the automatic 'go to class' prompt.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2017 at 12:50 PM
Okay, post edited. Thanks, guys. So, do I have to have the college pack to use simblender to age to YA? Cause I have simblender and would like not to have to download and use a hack that cautions it's not for the faint of heart.