Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 5:42 PM
Default No autonomous getting up from seat?
I'd like to know if there is any mod that could make your sim not to get up from when he/she is sitting. For example I'd like having myking sitting in his throne until i command him to get up and not sitting and getting up after one or two hours.

P.S: Another mod that i'dlike to see is that guards stay on their posts and not going to talk to random npcs each x time
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:00 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 28th Mar 2013 at 12:35 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by taichiyagami
I'd like to know if there is any mod that could make your sim not to get up from when he/she is sitting. For example I'd like having myking sitting in his throne until i command him to get up and not sitting and getting up after one or two hours.

P.S: Another mod that i'dlike to see is that guards stay on their posts and not going to talk to random npcs each x time

So you want the time on the throne extended only on the occasions when he's under your control?

The guards thing is really a non-issue, or should be, and is not a problem, as such with the guards.

The guards rotate through the guard boxes, so they'll stand in one for a few hours and then move to another, and another guard will either take their place or it will remain empty depending on what else is going on.

The socializing isn't your guards. When guards start the rotation process, they can be stopped by a sim and spoken to, which they'll respond to, but when that conversation is done they should switch back to their role and carry on the rotation sequence.
If they're already in a box a sim can still approach and engage them, although this seems to be rarer, they'll still respond but they'll stay in their post and they should remain in that post when the other sim goes to, unless the rotation time has begun while they were talking.
They'll also respond to a musical instrument being played if they're on the route between rotations, but shouldn't get interrupted by it if they're already occupied by something belonging to their role.

After this comes objects. The guards interact with certain ones, so the tactical table becomes part of the rotation cycle.
If you put in a training dummy, that becomes part of the rotation.
The interrogation chair too.
So the 6 guards in the throne room now have a rotation cycle of 6 boxes plus whatever items they can use.

Then there's times when you decorate and cover up these guard boxes unknowingly, since the guard can't access them they get removed from the rotation completely. So if you have 6 guards, no usable items and accidentally take 4 of those boxes out of use, now you have 4 guards who have nothing to do except engage everyone around in conversation, until a guard box becomes free to rotate in to.
There's 6 boxes that should be in use in the throne room, and 3 that I can see in the reception hall.

I remember LadySkye a while back saying she tried to add more guard boxes but it crashed her game. I think the idea is 1 box per guard, so with populous mod there's 8 guards in the reception hall now and only 3 boxes (that I can see atm), so there isn't anything for 5 of those guards to do which is, again, why they'll be running around the room chatting to everyone in sight.
I've tried cloning and adding another box in the reception hall and it seems to work fine. I haven't tried saving it though, and that might be the point where LadySkye was experiencing her crash, I don't recall off hand at what point her game was crashing.

I tried this all out in an established kingdom so I have no intentions of saving it. I'd have to start a new kingdom to see if a box per guard can be safely added or not, but you could test that yourself. Let me know the answer if you do that before I do
Scholar
#3 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:20 AM
You can get 8 hours on the throne here

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...317#post4104317
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:06 AM
I frequently add and save several extra debug-guard-box-posts around castle and hall, no issues many months, several kingdoms :/
Scholar
#5 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ForumZombie
I frequently add and save several extra debug-guard-box-posts around castle and hall, no issues many months, several kingdoms :/

Awesome. Thank you so much. Glad to see you're still around btw