Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default teens skin is damaged !
ok this is the second time i post here two days ago when i was playing with my family my teen girl was writing her homework all of the sudden her face turned white with a red x mark on it with numbers and words i closed the game removed my last cc still no luck
so i moved them all out of the game and opened it still no luck i even tried to create a new teen girl and figured out the original game skins are damaged anyway to fix this ??
with no uninstall or re-install ??
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:49 AM Last edited by k6ka : 14th Dec 2013 at 1:55 AM. Reason: corrected a major error
By the looks of it, it seems that some of your game files might be corrupted.

You don't need to reinstall them to fix them, though. A copy of the game files are stored on the CD. You can replace all your game files with little effort.

First, plop the CD that you use to start the game with into the CD drive. For example, if you have Mansion & Garden, you'll use that CD to start the game.

If autoplay comes up, just close it. Go to My Computer/Computer, right-click, and hit "Explore".

There should be a file called "compressed.zip". Open it. There will be a folder called "TSData" in it. Open that, and there will be a folder called "Res" in it.

Now open up C:\Program Files\EA Games\<The EP/SP you start the game with>\TSData. There should also be a folder called "Res" on it. Right-click, hold Shift and Delete it. Holding Shift and Delete deletes that folder on the spot, instead of moving it to the Recycle Bin, since that can take a while.

Go to compressed.zip. Extract that "Res" to C:\Program Files\EA Games\<The EP/SP you start the game with>\TSData\.

Now, run all the patches for the game. This is important because the files on the CD are not patched, and all players should patch (I don't see a reason why you shouldn't patch, with the sole exception of not being able to run the patch). Run the game again, and see if your issue pops back up.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:52 AM
Did you go over the help steps? https://www.modthesims.info/wiki...a_Help_Question What happened after you removed all of your cc, including any in the Saved Sims folder? Maybe also try reading over this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lt_Replacements

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:08 AM
im going to try what joandsarah77 said first
if it didnt work i will copy the files from the disc and do whatever i have to do to fix the corrupted skin
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:09 AM
Some times when this happens it is the video card or lack of a video card problem and you could be on the verge of burning up your computer or laptop.

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:11 AM
Corrupted game files would be the second thing I would look at, but most times problems are cc related. Another thing it could be is graphic card/chip failure. Check and see if your game files are read only.

Lol, each time someone posts while I am posting.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:13 AM
its a desktop and i have a Nvida geforce 9400gt i dont think its the graphic card though it works fine with all games i even run sims 3 ultra settings at 60 fps
i removed all replacement from my cc and tried to run it its giving me the same thing how can i know whats causing this i tried to remove all costume skins too and didnt work whats confusing me that it happened while i was playing not like i can know what cc caused this because the game was running fine
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:33 AM
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Recommendations

Looking at the chart at the location above, you'll see that the 9400 is problematic if you have certain of the more demanding EPs. If you have those, it may very well be that your card is beginning to show wear and tear and things it used to be able to do it no longer can.

If you don't have those EPs, take a deep breath and work through the steps. If you took out all your CC and the problem remained, you know it's not the CC. So keep at it, and make notes of what happened at each step. There may be a clue there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 2:48 AM
i toke every step and this time left no clue for a cc and the skins worked just fine
all i need to know now is which cc is causing this any ideas i have been removing and opening the game for hours !! i have 600 packages i cant try them all one by one
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:00 AM
You do a 50/50, and seeing you don't have much cc it won't take that long. So you split it into roughly half. Load the game and see if the problem is there. If it is you know your bad cc is in that half, if not, test your other half and see if it's in that. Then you take the half that caused the problem and split that into two and you keep testing until you find the problem. Of course if you are organized and know all your defaults are in one folder and all your skins are in another you can just test those folders. Another thing is to do sort by date if the problem is recent and pull those put on after the trouble started.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 3:24 AM
Here's an idea to try first before the 50/50 method (50/50 is usually used as a last resort, because it's so tedious). Use Delphy's Download Organizer to filter out what you think is the cause of the problem (most likely default replacements). The organizer allows you to sort out your downloads and filter which one is which, so you can easily figure out what's a mod and what's an object in the click of a mouse. Remove likely culprits, then try again.

If it doesn't work, then try the 50/50 method. If you do so, run the game in windowed mode, since I find it reduces loading time by a tiny amount.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 4:50 PM
FOUND IT THANKS GUYS IT WAS EugenicSkin_S1Brown_Phaenoh-TextRef
finally it worked
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved