Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 12:44 PM
Default My object mesh is shiny...
Hey guys !

I made my first object for the sims 3 with the Deluxe Design's tutorial and i have to say i'm almost proud when i see the result. Almost, because my object is very shiny and i guess there is a problem because my base object i cloned to get this new one is not.
Here is a pic of my object and the one i cloned to get the new.

When i created it i just edited 3 Texture : The 2 greys and the Red and Green one.

Thank you very much if someone can help me !
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 12:47 PM
Haha, I was just about to post this too. It happened to my object the same way it did with yours.

Nice couch!
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 1:50 PM
The solution is easy. You have to make a competely black alpha channel for the specular texture (the white one, which controls the shyniness of the object).
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 2:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *Norbi*
The solution is easy. You have to make a competely black alpha channel for the specular texture (the white one, which controls the shyniness of the object).

Thank you so much!

Now my china cabinet doesn't look like it has the reflection of a car,lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 2:40 PM
Thank you Norbi ! Look, isn't it better now ? ! ! ! !

Thank you again !
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:44 PM
I love that piping!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)