Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:33 AM
Help!! eyeshadow covers any eyeliner...
hi,
i've been working on eyeshadow and eyeliner, and i got a problem. well, there must be something wrong with my dds file but i have no idea what i should fix.

my eyeshadow covers any eyeliner, both mine and the default ones from EA. if i put my eyeliner with other eyeshadows from EA it works fine, so the problem must be my eyeshadow. if i put it with any eyeliner, it covers over where the eyeliner should be visible. the only part you can see is where the eyeshadow doesn't exist - like the very end corner of eyes.

i wanna fix it, but i don't know what is the problem as i'm a very beginner...i need some help from you great creators

i attach images of overlay, mask and eyeliner overlay in photoshop.

please heeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppppp
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:34 PM
Sounds like you've got your eyeshadow categorized wrong, although I'm not an expert in these things. What did you clone to make your eyeshadow?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
i cloned a costume by EA because the eyeshadow i've been working on is multicolour and i cannot make it from eyeshadow by EA. i categorized it as eyeshadow, and in create-a-sim it among all other eyeshadows. but then when i put it it covers any eyeshadow i have no idea what i should do to fix this
Theorist
#4 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 11:48 PM
Eyeshadow and costume makeup work slightly differently, try opening one of the base game ones and you'll see what I mean.

You can make multiple color eyeshadows by cloning base game ones btw

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Eyeshadow and costume makeup work slightly differently, try opening one of the base game ones and you'll see what I mean.

You can make multiple color eyeshadows by cloning base game ones btw

how can i actually clone them? do they have only overlay and i can add mask or......?
i saw a tutorial for multicolour eyeshadows somewhere and it was using costume makeups...maybe it's the problem?

i'd appreciate it a lot if you could tell me how to clone eyeshadows using base game default ones
Theorist
#6 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 12:16 AM
which tool are you using?

Hi I'm Paul!
Mother Function
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 3:04 AM
Robodl has a point. Try using a base game eyeshadow instead, or maybe even a lipstick. Simply replace the overlay with the base texture of the eyeshadow (grayscale image) and replace the mask (red, yellow, magenta) to match.

I didn't realize that you had used a costume makeup for your eyeshadow! Costume makeup overrides all other make up, including lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc. Even just cloning a costume makeup, then recategorizing it will not fix that "override" property.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daluved1
Robodl has a point. Try using a base game eyeshadow instead, or maybe even a lipstick. Simply replace the overlay with the base texture of the eyeshadow (grayscale image) and replace the mask (red, yellow, magenta) to match.

I didn't realize that you had used a costume makeup for your eyeshadow! Costume makeup overrides all other make up, including lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc. Even just cloning a costume makeup, then recategorizing it will not fix that "override" property.

I saw the tutorial which used a costume so I tried it. But from all your advice, i guess it was supposed to be an eyeshadow used without eyeliner.

Ok, I'll try by cloning lipstick and see if it works for me, and I'm sure I'll tell you guys how it comes out :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 4:48 PM
i tried the eyeshadow by cloning base game lipstick "afMakeupLipstickWet" and saving it as an eyeshadow. but it still covered over any eyeliner when i put it on a sim in game. it came out in the eyeshadow category, but it covered over any eyeliner.
what would happen if i cloned an eyeshadow from base game and added a mask? i saw all eyeshadows were only with overlay and none of them had a mask...would it work?