Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 5:44 PM
Default Townie Enabled Hair and Clothes
I'd like to know how to change CC hairs and Clothes so that they aren't Townie Enabled.

It's just really annoying to see townies spawn with the newest cc I've just downloaded.

So how would I go about doing this?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:22 AM
As far as I know, the hairs have to be repackaged in DABOOBS.
So not straight forward.
If this is the only way, a word of warning.

Not all CC hair creators make their hairs by the book.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 8:26 AM
Actually you should be able to just open the hair file in CTU and untick Valid for Random. I know other things about hair can be edited with CTU (adding "hat" parts) so that should work without needing DABOOBS.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Actually you should be able to just open the hair file in CTU and untick Valid for Random. I know other things about hair can be edited with CTU (adding "hat" parts) so that should work without needing DABOOBS.

Note:-Do not mean to poach the thread
HP,
You mean I did not need to repackage the hair like I did when I wanted the hair to stay on when in the shower?

I could have just opened up the hair in CTU changed the attributes to suit and clicked commit?

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exportdry
Note:-Do not mean to poach the thread
HP,
You mean I did not need to repackage the hair like I did when I wanted the hair to stay on when in the shower?

I could have just opened up the hair in CTU changed the attributes to suit and clicked commit?

I did this after reading your post on this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...680#post3279680 and I followed HP's instructions (post #5) to just click on naked and when I went into the game the hair was all weird (it just looked like 5 or 6 rectangular strips that had been put next to one another and the pieces were also not solid, they were sort of see-through). I still let him shower with the hair on and the hair disappeared and reappeared when he got dressed again.

I don't know what I did wrong. Everything was selected except for "All" and Valid for Random was also selected. What I did notice was that Human was not selected and as I was not sure whether or not to select it I just left it as it was.
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 5:07 AM
It sounds like it lost its textures, that can happen when you edit a hair in TSRW or CTU

Hi I'm Paul!