Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:28 AM Last edited by dede9197 : 11th Aug 2010 at 3:13 AM.
I need help/opinions
ok so im trying to create my first creation(its lipstick btw) but idk whats wrong its like part of texture is dark always
and im trying to put the picture up here. would you guys mind helping me with that too

Edit----------------------
thank you fraggle rocks!!!! anyways this is the picture:

i set everything to white and it like streaks of dark i copied and pasted the lipstick texture

and this is what it looks like when i tried to blend everything in
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:31 AM
To upload a photo, make sure the file size is under 217kb, and use a free picture uploading site. (I use TinyPic.com.) Then you'll need to copy and past the IMG code here.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Theorist
#3 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:35 AM
Could you upload the actual texture for us to see?

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:51 AM
is this the texture? cuz i put the same two images on it but i put the larger image so i could just cover everything then the smaller image to just put the texture in well
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:09 AM
Okay that explains it

First you must desaturate the image so that it is all gray, then lighten the image and reduce the contrast. You also have to make it so that the new lipstick image matches the existing lips.

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:29 AM
this is what it looks like when i grayscaled and everything

and this is what it look like in game
Theorist
#7 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:37 AM
It's really just because of a poor source image, it's usually pretty hard to directly translate an image to the sims without any form of actual editing. The image is extrememly glossy which obviously doesn't translate too well in the game

Hi I'm Paul!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 7:15 AM
What Robodl95 said. I think you'd be better off examining what really good lipsticks look like (Lemonleaf, Channy & Viv) in terms of how their textures are done, and trying to make something similar yourself. It might take a LOT of adjusting to get it to work right - lipstick is a pain in the ass.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.