Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#251 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:32 PM
Linger
Host
Breaking Dawn
Airhead
Broken.

i like to read more then one book at a time

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#252 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:36 PM
The Family Mashber, by Der Nister and The Museum of Innocence, by Orhan Pamuk.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#253 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:39 PM
I Just finished reading the Passage by Justin Cronin - It may just be the best book in the history of the world
Alchemist
#254 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:57 AM
Fallen,I got it yesterday

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Inventor
#255 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:46 PM
Don't talk to me about reading. I have to read Lord of the Flies for school. Eh.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#256 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:03 PM
^God, I hated that book. I have great reverence for the classics and enjoy many that others do not, but other than its use of allegory (and even that was rather heavy-handed and simplistic), Lord of the Flies was utterly unredeemable, for me.

I'm reading Bright Lights, Big City, by Jay McInerney, and The Ground Beneath Her Feet, by Salman Rushdie.

Rubric Wrangler
#257 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 1:32 PM
Alex & Me by Irene Pepperidge. Really fascinating. I of course knew of Alex, but I certainly didn't know the extent of his abilities. The fact that he clearly understood the concept and function of the word "no" is quite amazing.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#258 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 6:13 PM
I have just finished reading 'The secret dreamworld of a shopaholic', by Sophie Kinsella. I loved it <3.
I'm now reading 'Riders' by Jilly Cooper

Top Secret Researcher
#259 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:38 PM
I found a rather large collection of Julio Cortázar's short stories in the attic, so I'm reading those right now. The Pursuer left me speechless.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Lab Assistant
#260 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 9:14 PM
'What Happened To Lani Garver' by Carol Plum Ucci.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Mad Poster
#261 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:36 AM
Crush, by Richard Siken and Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, by Annie Dillard. Holy shit, this woman can write.

Top Secret Researcher
#262 Old 15th Sep 2010 at 8:16 AM
Billiards at Half-past Nine, by Heinrich Böll. It's incredible.

tumblr|lastfm
Field Researcher
#263 Old 17th Sep 2010 at 3:51 AM
1984, by George Orwell, and Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, both for a school project. And How I Live Now, by Meg Rosoff, just for fun.

"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right."
-Markus Zusak, The Book Thief

Yearbook
Field Researcher
#264 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 3:24 AM
Velocity by Dean Koontz. And before that I read False Memory by Dean Koontz. I love the the man's books and I'm not afraid to admit it. His best one in Watchers though.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.- Mitch Hedberg
Mad Poster
#265 Old 23rd Sep 2010 at 12:22 AM
Halflife, by Meghan O'Rourke and rereading the exquisite Le Petit Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. I'm also itching to get my hands on Nicole Krauss' Great House and David Sedaris' Squirrel Seeking Chipmunk.

Why I love David Sedaris:
"He took a sip of my father's weak coffee and spit it back into the mug.
'This shit's like making love in a canoe,' he said.
'Excuse me?' my father said.
'It's fucking near water!'"

Top Secret Researcher
#266 Old 2nd Oct 2010 at 12:55 PM
"The book thief" by Markus Zusak.

Field Researcher
#267 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 10:51 PM
Looking for Alaska

Oliviaaaa
5511<3
Top Secret Researcher
#268 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 2:15 PM
The Waves, by Virginia Woolf.

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#269 Old 17th Oct 2010 at 9:30 PM
I recently finished Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, and now I'm flipping through Book of Longing, by Leonard Cohen.
Mad Poster
#270 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 1:00 AM
An American Childhood, by Annie Dillard and Great House, by Nicole Krauss. I never thought that Krauss would be able to top herself after The History of Love, but was I ever wrong. I hope that Great House wins the National Book Award for which it was nominated.

Test Subject
#271 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 1:46 AM
OK! I read a half-dozen or so books a month so this one is EASY!!

Emissary of the Doomed by Ronald Florence

From So Simple A Beginning (The 4 major books of Darwin)
by Edward O Wilson

Himmler's Crusade by Christopher Hale

The Mind & The Brain (Neuroplasticity & The Power of Mental Force)
by Jeffry M. Schwartz, MD & Sharon Begley
Test Subject
#272 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jedi Master Annie
Velocity by Dean Koontz. And before that I read False Memory by Dean Koontz. I love the the man's books and I'm not afraid to admit it. His best one in Watchers though.

I'm going to agree with your opinion of the man!!!! I own every one of his books but he just can't crank them out fast enough for me I just re-read "Taken" & the 4 "Odd Thomas" books which are my favorites!
Top Secret Researcher
#273 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 5:56 PM
The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum, by Heinrich Böll.

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
#274 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:10 PM
Jane Eyre By Charlotte Brontë, The other Boleyn girl by Philippa Gregory and The Medici seal by Theresa Breslin. I've got three other large Philippa Gregory novels waiting for me so I really gotta finish these books lol.

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Mad Poster
#275 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ranta
1984, by George Orwell, and Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, both for a school project.

I just finished reading both, they are so trippy but with really abrupt endings in my opinion.

I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-(exponent x 132901 here)-reading Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. I'm on The Ghoul In Pajamas so far. For school I have to read - you guessed it - Deathly Hallows anyways because we're exploring good vs. evil, and my new class (I transferred cos my English teacher hates me and I wasn't passing because it was so loud in there) is full of Potterheads. Which I think is amazing. <3

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!

Page 11 of 18