Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#26 Old 6th May 2011 at 7:11 PM
I have a glitch going on with the stage tool at one point it worked fine but now if i try to play one it's like the floor tile that should be on it isn't there, yet it "floats" for lack of a better word above the actual stage and slightly to the side. It irritates me because I want to use stages in lots and can't.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 8th May 2011 at 5:17 AM
Oh that is odd.

So I have learnt how to fix my game YAY - remember to keep your mods updated people!!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 11th May 2011 at 9:39 PM
My sims have started getting stuck and disappearing. They won't respond when I try to control them. I thought it had to do with CC, and I reinstalled my whole game. Now I have no CC at all, and it's still doing it. I just started over again in Twinbrook, so we'll see if I have the same problem there that I had in Sunset Valley.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:42 PM
I've lately had a bu where my game will go silent and lag like hell. I've narrowed it down to a faulty EA patch which I think is the latest. : / Annoying, but all I have to do is pause the game for a while, wait until the sound returns (it'll play several sounds very fast and close together) and proceed as normal.

This signature has been censored because of the 13 year old badly written sentimentalism. -.-
Alchemist
#30 Old 12th May 2011 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
I must have been very lucky so far. Aside from occasional lag, my game pretty much behaves the way you expect it too.

I guess we're both the lucky ones. I haven't noticed anything amiss in my game either
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 13th May 2011 at 12:13 AM
Me three. I guess when you patch all your EPs/SPs and update your mods there's no major glitch. Well except a sound problem and a lightning problem since the last patch Oy.

But frankly it's minor glitches, not game breaking or anything. I keep reading so many horror stories of games being literally nuked by sinister bugs *shivers* Full towns of sims all stuck, sims disappearing into oblivion that I'm happy with my small glitches. *knocks on wood*
#32 Old 13th May 2011 at 2:39 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 13th May 2011 at 2:51 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jennuh
It's all turned on. "/ I didn't have any mods/cc until this problem started and then I tried to fix it with mods. So originally, no.

I sometimes wonder if the ageing up in LN is nerfed due to the non aging of vampires - just throwing a wild theory out there .. no proof, just musing here ...

My probs with LN have been sims congregating in strange places, en masse for a-g-e-s .. Issues with parties or rather where my sims end up when I send them to a party (such as the party holder's garage, in the lobby of their appartment, or getting on down by their mail box .. Hawt? Not! I then have to micro manage their entrance to the party *proper* ... only to find that everyone else is still by the mailbox/garage .... ) Butlers going AWOL. Not being able to tell Paparazzi to bugger off - I think we should at least be able to start a fist fight with the more intrusive ones, just like a real uphimself celeb would ..
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th May 2011 at 4:03 PM
Default Gathering?
I don't know if this has been said already, but I'm having trouble with random gathering of sims.

Suddenly the whole town decides that they should go hang out at the same spot.. for a very long time. This includes my cleaner, and if I have guest on a party, they too will go there.

I can temporarily fix this by clicking on buildmode on the lot they are on, and it will send them all back home. But this is only temporarily, and they will all eventually end up at the lot again. (Until now it has been the same lot, but I don't know the lot's name in English.)

Really annoys me sooo much!

Installed mods:
- NoIntro
- NoAgeStaggering
- Daysoff (No days off for preggers)

I think it started after I downloaded the no AgeStaggering, but it would be irrelevant and I'm not sure either.

It sure did happen AFTER I installed late night.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 15th May 2011 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iDysfunctional
I don't know if this has been said already, but I'm having trouble with random gathering of sims.

Other users were experiencing this and I believe they mentioned the only solution was to use Twallan's Overwatch mod.

I tried finding the thread with their comments but I cannot locate it

edit : http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424396

"There's downloadable dongs elsewhere."
My Plumbob Story
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th May 2011 at 1:51 AM
I have noticed no mixologists at alot of clubs.

And once my sims were using the hot tubs in a club and couldn't get out of the tub and the club closed and everyone left them in the hot tub. Fotunately was able to resetsim to send them back home safely.

And the wife had the desire to "move in" with her husband of many years who she's also had children with. That was odd.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#36 Old 18th May 2011 at 8:21 AM
My vampires suddenly began losing their teeth and skins (they're still young, so that's not it ). While the visual override is still there I had to manually add their teeth and the vampire mark back.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th May 2011 at 11:55 AM
Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't actually experienced any, apart from a strange horse costume that my Sims occasionally walk around town wearing which is clearly due to an issue with some sort of clothing I downloaded wish I knew how to fix that...

19 - Female - Australia
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#38 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
Maybe I'm lucky, but I haven't actually experienced any, apart from a strange horse costume that my Sims occasionally walk around town wearing which is clearly due to an issue with some sort of clothing I downloaded wish I knew how to fix that...
It's a dress from rosesims. You should be able to see it in your Launcher under installed content. Here's crinrict's blog that can help you in tracking down bad cc.
http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/search/label/Bad%20CC

The horse body should look like this:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 19th May 2011 at 2:43 PM
This EP runs pretty well except I do have the nobody in hot spot problem. But, I'd say it's because my computer is slow.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 20th May 2011 at 10:19 AM
I had that when I only had awesome mod installed. - Anyone else looked into fixing their issues? All I can do is say this- update mods - monthly (yes that should be enough) and use delphys custard and dashboard to help pick out all the baddies that infiltrate your game :D

#41 Old 24th May 2011 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jennuh
My problems started happening right when I installed Outdoor Living weirdly enough.

I got wierd floating hair after installing OL ... I wish I'd taken a screenie - It was a child with adult hair floating at adult height above his head O_o
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 24th May 2011 at 9:39 AM
lol I did have that once

Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:03 PM
Default Prosper Room glitch
My Sim can no longer go to the Prosper Room as every time they get into the elevator, they are teleported back to their home lot. I wouldn't mind but I have an opportunity at the Prosper Room and won't get any others of that sort until I can complete it. The elevator worked fine for a while in this game and I didn't download anything new before it became bugged. I don't have any mods but may need to look into running something in order to fix this issue.
Test Subject
#44 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dappybint
My Sim can no longer go to the Prosper Room as every time they get into the elevator, they are teleported back to their home lot. I wouldn't mind but I have an opportunity at the Prosper Room and won't get any others of that sort until I can complete it. The elevator worked fine for a while in this game and I didn't download anything new before it became bugged. I don't have any mods but may need to look into running something in order to fix this issue.

Ok, so have stopped being an idiot and deleted the opportunity - which seems to have also fixed the elevator issue :-)
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:14 AM
After patching, I keep hearing this weird music whenever my sim enters a club. It's really annoying cause the speakers play on top of it, so they mix together and it just... ugh. It's some kind of brass instrument. I don't know where it came from. Turned off EVERYTHING in the lots (yes multiple) and it still played. Grrr
Forum Resident
#46 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Foxen
I've lately had a bu where my game will go silent and lag like hell. I've narrowed it down to a faulty EA patch which I think is the latest. : / Annoying, but all I have to do is pause the game for a while, wait until the sound returns (it'll play several sounds very fast and close together) and proceed as normal.

I had a similar bug last night. I had two of my sims at a party and in a hotub, I told them to Woohoo so once shooing some others away I waited for them to do it but it's like the game froze. The thing the petals or bubbles or whatever was still moving from the hottub but my sims wouldn't move, I couldn't move the screen along (And now I am beginning to remember why, I used my mouse like you do with Sims 2 rather then the keys), but my sims weren't moving and I think I clicked on my other sims and I couldn't move to them.

Only thing is, at the time of playing it I did not have the internet, and I do not have Generations so I don't know if that is related to any patch since the last one I have I think is from Late Night.
Test Subject
#47 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 8:37 AM
Well, I just installed LN last night (patched everything), and while playing tonight I believe I've already found a bug. My sim went to a club for the night, and when it closed and shoos everyone out, a bunch of sims got stuck waiting for the elevator. It went on for many sim days, even when the club was open. I finally got fed up and used cheats to teleport her out. And that only worked when the club was open. I loved LN at the beginning, but I'm beginning to hate it. And as far as I know, I'm mod/CC free, except for official stuff.
Test Subject
#48 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 3:39 AM
I don't know if this is a glitch or what, but the Sims and NPCs are acting strangely whenever they go to my building. I live in the Bridgeport Armory and whenever I click the "Go home" option they go to the lot but just stay in the garden that's available there. I have to manually click inside their house just to get them to take up the elevator... same with my maid.

I fixed the first part of the problem by locking the fence gate for everyone, but my maid is still missing in action. Anyone have the same problem?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:49 AM
Ummmm I am not a fan of elevators in rl so I dont like them in game life either lol.

Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:02 AM
I don't know if it's all Late Night-related, but I have one saved game in Bridgeport and it has all kinds of issues. The worst being insane lag. No matter what speed I use, the frame rate is crazy slow. It'll stop on a frame for a few seconds, then go through a few more, then stop again. I really like playing this family, so I do something else and occasionally look at the game to queue actions. And I have to pause the game to do that, because if I don't, I usually don't get the menu for what I'm clicking on. I get the menu from a nearby spot. Also, when I was running it on fast forward and not pausing when the hard disk got loud, the computer would just power off in the middle of the game. Not sure if the game caused it (or if software can cause that), but it was really annoying.
I've had the "no bartender on duty" problem. I eventually just sent the mixologist from my household so I could finish the opportunity. (That's almost the only reason I ever use those venues. So annoying to try to get a Sim into it and do something before it closes.)
In that save file only, my hometown opportunities break when I go on vacation (and sometimes when I don't?). I'll push the button to send them somewhere, and when it comes up in their queue, it cancels and they don't go. So I look at the map, and the opportunity isn't on it. I've had to cancel about half my opportunities because they become undoable. This includes opportunities that are part of the Investigator profession. Between canceled jobs and jobs I couldn't figure out how to do ("Talk to 3 family members. I hope you remembered which Sim I'm talking about here."), that profession frustrated not just me, but also the Ambitious Sim who was trying to do it.
That's not the only profession problem I had. I also had problems with Firefighting. Some of them were probably user errors, but I did have one fire where "put out fire" never got checked off, but there were no fires left. So eventually (well into the night) I just had to leave and get an F.
Also, I keep getting opportunities from the Little Corsican Bistro. I do them and then go to turn it in, only to find that there is no Little Corsican Bistro in Bridgeport. This last time, I really wanted the opportunity, so I went to add it, and it wasn't in the lots in edit town. So I guess I'm stuck with orphaned opportunities for the rest of my game. Eventually I'll just learn not to accept them.
Incidentally, I think the lag may be related to having too many Sims. There were 6 in the household (including a vamire and a Simbot), and it's been a little better since one died. Three more of them are at least a week beyond their lifespan (by chance, nothing I did), so I'm hoping their deaths will fix my game. (But my 8-Sim household pre-Late Night never had problems, and I've played it since Late Night with 6 Sims and no problems. So I don't know if it's Bridgeport or just the one file.)
Page 2 of 3