Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 8:48 AM
Default Notice of upcoming server move
Hi All,

The current server that MTS is hosted on is getting quite old now (It was ordered and installed in 2012). In order to keep up with changing hardware, and get a better performing site, I am moving to a newer, faster, better server.

I have already taken a backup and copied it to the new server, plus done most of the configuration. All that remains is to sync the remaining files, the database, and make sure everything works.

I will be migrating MTS over to a new server start Friday 26th June. To that end, the site will be completely offline starting that date and lasting for at least 1 day (possibly more, but I doubt it).

I will, of course, keep everybody updated via my twitter feed.

Regards
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
31 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 11:53 AM
Thanks for this message Delphy
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 1:50 PM
What is going to be the domain?

Ej. :www.web.com

Something alike www.modthesims.com ???

Crazy milk
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 1:56 PM
It will be the same web address, just the hardware being upgraded.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#5 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:00 PM
Do you mind linking the Twitter feed so I can follow it when MTS gets upgraded? Thanks for all your hard work keeping the greatest Sims community alive!

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
#6 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:33 PM
https://twitter.com/DelphyMTS

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 6:41 PM
thanks for the update ^0^

Every gamer is unique take your time to find your own style, your own way to play,don't try to blend in with everyone, go on be different stand out don't be afraid, no matter what your age, no matter what you like you are you and that's what matters most.Go out at there have fun and play! ^-^
Field Researcher
#8 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aimar333
What is going to be the domain?

Ej. :www.web.com

Something alike www.modthesims.com ???

As said, the domain will be the same, just your old knowing site modthesims.info
The change is more inside so to say. It's actually the same as that you will buy yourself a new pc, because the one you have can't handle newer games.
And that is also happening with MTS. Because the current server, which is in simple words a big computer, can't handle the job anymore it's time to move to a newer one.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 9:06 PM
Server was down quite a lot in this year. It's nice to know that site is getting an upgrade!
Banned
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 10:24 PM
You know, I've always wanted to know what the MTS server banks look like. And not those yellow wire banks.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:55 AM
Good for you!
I'll try and live through that day of switching servers!
Thanks,
#12 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:46 AM
It's all over.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:23 AM
Aaaaaaaaaand we're back. Hooray!

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:35 AM
Delphy I'm not sure where to post it, ran into a problem since the site came back up, the creator upload won't upload zip or rar files I tried doing a house and just a build/buy set neither one would upload the zip/rar the jpgs are doing fine though
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Esmeralda : 27th Jun 2015 at 3:19 PM.
I seem to be having the same problem as EmpathLunabella - just uploaded an updated .zip of one of my creations and it doesn't show up, Download tab still only shows (and downloads) the old version. Re-uploaded it twice but no joy. Jpgs, however, do go through fine. TIA for looking into this

ETA: Just took another look and the zip file still hasn't gone through, so looks like it's fallen into a black hole somewhere!
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 2:13 PM
Hooray!! So glad the site is back up...and that the second go at it was successful!! I sure missed it last night. Most organized site (imho) out there and yesterday showed how heavily I rely on it. I was truly thrilled when it launched first thing. Welcome back my old friend! :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 3:25 PM
@Delphy do you want to know about "Invalid URL" and stuff or does the new stuff just need time to settle in?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#18 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 5:09 PM
@Esmeralda @EmpathLunabella -- try again now, I had the same issue earlier (not being able to edit existing posts) but it is working fine now for me.

ETA: there is still issues with Unicode characters though it appears (at least in my signature .. ). Fixed.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
@Delphy do you want to know about "Invalid URL" and stuff or does the new stuff just need time to settle in?

I'm seeing that appear about half the time when I click any of the site links, but the pages always seem to still be there and intact, it just takes a few tries of refreshing the tab for them to display properly. Looks like more of an annoyance than an out-and-out "problem" at this point.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:26 PM
@plasticbox - Thank you for checking, but I'm still having the problem - been trying to upload my .zip file repeatedly all day and it will just not go through. Pics go through fine and I can edit my posts fine, the system just refuses to accept a new zip file for some reason!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 6:27 PM
Sometimes it takes a LOT of refreshing to get the Invalid URL to go away. Glad to know it's not just my internet or my iPad.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Test Subject
#22 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:13 AM
It says I'm signed in here but when I try to download something....it won't let me because it says I need to sign in. I try to sign in...it says thank you for signing in & then still won't let me download because I'm supposedly NOT signed in! LOL!! Okay, now that you guys are as confused as I am...help???? Please????
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:15 PM
I've been trying to track down the Invalid URL thing all day (on my birthday no less :P) and it's a real bugger to try and work out. Right now it appears to be behaving, but I don't know how long it'll last...

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
#24 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:21 PM
Happy birthday Delphy! x

Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:58 PM
Is it intentional that upload section is still down? I get the "Uh Oh! Maintenance mode!"-screen, with twitter feed (thanks for adding that by the way! And for twittering what's going on, very kind).

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Page 1 of 2