Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 9:48 PM Last edited by celinxa : 19th Sep 2016 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added information

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Base game Jaw, Cheek, & Lips sliders not working, already have mod to increse sliders
I already have NRass installed and my max sliders set at 300. I also have CC magic installed, my game is running perfectly other than the broken base game sliders. All the solutions I have found for this issue is to get a mod that increase your max sliders, but I already have one installed. Is there any solution for this?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Sep 2016 at 4:27 PM
What does "broken" mean? Do they not work? Do the numbers not show up? Do you have other CC sliders installed?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 3:27 AM
I mean when I move then back and forth, they don't do anything. I do have cc sliders installed and have discovered that when I remove some sliders from a section (like a custom jawline slider from the jaw section) the base game jaw shape slider will work again. I recently got a new laptop and moved all my files over to it then the problems started, all my sliders worked perfectly on my old laptop though.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 5:37 AM
Do you have CmarNYC's XCAS mod by any chance? I ran into a situation where MC was taking care of all of this, but suddenly it wasn't and found that I had to use a tuning file on XCAS, which I also had in play, and set it to the same higher number of max sliders as MC otherwise they kept fighting it out as to which one would "win" during startup.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 2:46 PM
I don't have XCAS, just MC. I completely removed MC last night and re-downloaded it., then my game crashed on start up. I removed it once again started up my game, it loaded perfectly. Re-downloaded MC once more my game loaded, but all settings are still the same even though I removed it completely (at least I think I did, deleted caches and everything), and my sliders are still not working. Should I stop using MC and just get XCAS?
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celinxa
I do have cc sliders installed and have discovered that when I remove some sliders from a section (like a custom jawline slider from the jaw section) the base game jaw shape slider will work again.

Well I mean, the solution has been staring you in the face the whole time...

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 3:00 PM
All my sliders were working before though, the solution I'm hoping for is for them to all work again.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 5:14 PM
I don't have XCAS, just MC. I completely removed MC last night and re-downloaded it., then my game crashed on start up. I removed it once again started up my game, it loaded perfectly. Re-downloaded MC once more my game loaded, but all settings are still the same even though I removed it completely (at least I think I did, deleted caches and everything), and my sliders are still not working. Should I stop using MC and just get XCAS?

XCAS is a core mod. I would not recommend getting it just for the slider issue unless you have no other choice. I have it in play for the other things it does and it did take a little bit of figuring out why things briefly broke for me back then. A better route, if possible, might be to find some reasonable substitutes for the misbehaving sliders if such a thing exists out there. You might have some sliders from different parties that are conflicting with each other but it just took a while for the conflicts to be realized for some unknown reason.

Also, I suppose this is a silly question, but is it possible that you are already dancing around or above the 300 limit you have imposed?

Ah, and just read your OP again. If the sliders are included in your merged CC Magic packages, perhaps it's worth not doing that to see what happens?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 9:08 PM
I have around 80 sliders and put it at 300 just to be on the safe side. I'm a bit confused, what do you mean by included in merged CC magic packages?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 12:43 AM
I'm a bit confused, what do you mean by included in merged CC magic packages?

You said in the beginning that you use CC Magic. Most people use that tool to merge their package based content together into combined packages. The sliders, if they are being included in this merging process, might be acting up.

But if you aren't merging packages together, is there some other benefit to using CC Magic? I'm still a Luddite in this regard, I keep all of my package based content organized in subfolders but none of it is merged and I never did really get the hang of CC Magic though I'm sure it's a great tool for those who bond with it.
Alchemist
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 1:45 PM
Most likely some of your sliders conflict with each other. Like igazor said, sometimes CC conflicts take a bit to show up, for some reason. And since you have so many, it's quite possible you have several sliders for the same thing, which would naturally conflict with each other.

You may want to use the 50/50 method to identify the problematic items.
Also, when you test CC like this, it is recommended you delete your cache files before each game start; sometimes stuff is left over in there.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2016 at 7:01 PM
I did use the 50/50 method and narrowed it down to the sliders themselves (I have my cc magic organized because my jaw sliders have broken before, but due the a corrupt object). In the end though, I just got a large usb and moved my old CC magic folder and sims 3 folders over to my new computer, it's missing some cc but all my sliders (custom too) are working again. Thank you both for your replies, and I hope I don't get this issue again.