Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 10:59 PM
Default Recatagorize child or toddler clothes
I know there are lots of recatagorizers out there, as well as hiders.

What I'm interested to know is if there ever was made a way to put the sports uniforms for children in the athletic catagory and or to put the formal wear for toddlers where it goes?

If not .. then I guess this would be one of my wish we could do's/ had a mod for..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:12 PM
For the Eaxis outfits there are several recategorizers already - I think Phaenoh has a few, and at least one of them puts stuff in the proper categories.

You can't do this automatically to all outfits - but you can edit them manually in either the Wardrobe Wrangler or in SimPE. Hat has a tutorial/tiptorial on what you need to know in SimPE here: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html (Under "Category". It's the first one after the intro).Basically, it's the same numbers for categories for all ages, so everyday is always 7, PJs is always 10, and adding those two up is 17, and so forth.

For toddler clothing in the "wrong" categories, you will need a mod to be able to put the clothes on them (Insim/ClothingTool/SimBlender, or similar - anything that ets you change clothes on any sims), or a fix for the changing table. Otherwise there's no point in editing the clothes.

As for kids' athletic wear, I've noticed a few bugs. They'll change into whatever is in their athletic category - but switching their clothes don't always work, and they'll usually change out of the athletic category at first opportunity. I prefer to set the athletic clothes to both the athletic and everyday categories in SimPE/WW, just in case of bugs. Bodyshop also doesn't handle the "extra" categories very well, particularly not for toddlers. I don't think the athletic category shows for kids there.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:26 PM
So then the short answer is no there isn't :D

Ok, I knew there didn't used to be, but who knows what could have been made in the past 10 years.

*Adds to wish list of we wished we could do
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Nov 2016 at 11:42 PM
The thing is, you can't categorize *all* outfits into a certain category automatically. The game only recognizes which categories clothes go into by reading the PropertySet in the file, and changing the number there changes the categories for that particular outfit.