Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 2:53 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Foreign visitors and Master Controller
For context, I have a three adult siblings in one world and their parents in another world. I invited the parents and wanted to take family pictures using poses and dress them appropriately for the shots. I noticed that I don't have the Stylist or Edit in CAS option, which can be replaced by testingcheats... but more importantly, I can't use pose player on them or make them selectable. Is it possible to make them pose and do other things I mentioned?
Also, the unlock outfits cheat doesn't work for some reason on particular sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 10:29 PM
If I remember rightly, sims that are visiting, tourists, or explorers can't be edited in CAS because they're not full sims. I don't know about the pose player, but if you're trying to "make active" using master controller, that could be why.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:47 AM
Exactly that. Sims who visit your currently being played world from a different homeworld, no matter how they came to arrive there, are not the full versions of themselves, their scaled down travel wardrobes are not adjustable, and they can never be made active.

Am assuming you are using Traveler here. Another way to approach this is to have your actively being played sims visit the parents and do all of this in their world. Or you could transition active play (travel with no one on board) to the parents' world and take them on a visit to the world of the grown children while playing them. Or, although this is more intrusive, use MC's Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to the parents' homeworld) to force the parents to be residents of the children's world either in one of their households or one of their own and then quit the whole thing without saving when you are finished with what you were doing -- on this one none of the sims involved would have any memory of any of this taking place because to them it never would have happened.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Exactly that. Sims who visit your currently being played world from a different homeworld, no matter how they came to arrive there, are not the full versions of themselves, their scaled down travel wardrobes are not adjustable, and they can never be made active.

Am assuming you are using Traveler here. Another way to approach this is to have your actively being played sims visit the parents and do all of this in their world. Or you could transition active play (travel with no one on board) to the parents' world and take them on a visit to the world of the grown children while playing them. Or, although this is more intrusive, use MC's Add Sim > Homeworld > (filter to the parents' homeworld) to force the parents to be residents of the children's world either in one of their households or one of their own and then quit the whole thing without saving when you are finished with what you were doing -- on this one none of the sims involved would have any memory of any of this taking place because to them it never would have happened.

I actually done the last just with saving because their hometown was too big and unplayable. I'm just wondering if you know the reason unlock outfits isn't working? I entered firstly testingcheats then the cheat and nothing happened.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grandma_on_a_kiling_spree
I actually done the last just with saving because their hometown was too big and unplayable. I'm just wondering if you know the reason unlock outfits isn't working? I entered firstly testingcheats then the cheat and nothing happened.

Okay, so the current issue is that the parents are residents of the world actually being played now, they can be brought into CAS as any other sims can, but the "unlockoutfits on" cheat code does not work? Not sure, but if you are using MasterController's version of CAS here, can you not get the desired effect by using MC > Settings > CAS > Category Changes > Show Hidden Parts > True?

There is also a setting for Disable Clothing Filter but that's probably not the one you want as what that does is make already available clothing parts available across categories (thus long dresses for swimwear, pajamas for formal, etc.)