Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 9:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default The Mystery of the Unusually Tall Sims (Sliders Related)
Ok, so I have a rather unusual issue going on and I'm not sure what's causing it.
I have a bunch of sliders installed in my game and they work fine except for 1 major issue: If I have the CAS randomize a full body, sometimes the sims will be taller than they should be.
Now this would make sense if I had, at one point, installed a slider that I knew altered height in any way...except I didn't. One of my sliders is adjusting height and I don't know which. The game made a beautiful sim at one point but her head hits the top of the CAS screen. She's too tall! When she tries to kiss people, she makes out with their forehead!

I've gone through every slider that I could find, adjusting them left & right and I can't find a single one responsible for this issue. This is the list of sliders that I have:

atw's face sliders
Bella3lek4's Sliders + Eyebrow Distance
big slider pack by oneeruomutt
facial slider's pack by oneeuromutt
GnatGoSplat's Chin Width v3
Johna's Sliders + Headshape + Headshape Fix
Semller's Hollow Cheek Height
TumTum Simiolino's Cleft Chin Slider (from MyBlueBook)

In total, there are 100 individual slider package files installed in my mods folder that are nested in their own sliders folder. I use Master Controller + Integration to remove the slider limit.
I'm honestly at a loss as to which one could be causing the issue so I was wondering if anyone else experienced this in their game or had some insight as to what could be causing it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 3:35 AM
Hmm, there are a couple of sliders that can adjust height without specifically being titled "sim height" - those would be ones having to do with neck length, body length, leg length. Johna has a couple, OEM has quite a few, too - being Zbodyheight and Zlegheight I find the biggest culprits for it.

My sliders list is HUGE so yeah, randomizing gets you different sim heights. I use it for realistic sims; I just "deal with" the height mismatch for animations or get poses that work with that height discrepancy. I would say it's either something in OEM (oneeuromutt) or Johna that's giving you your issues.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Sep 2019 at 5:32 AM
Johna’s height slider is harder to find and accidentally download, but OEM’s might be part of the big slider pack. Other than that iif you have Consorts Grow mod it includes a height slider and I believe it is required for the mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 10:08 AM
I don't have Johna's height slider mod. I do have a neck length mod and I have manually tinkered with it to see if that was the issue but it's not the neck length. It's definitely the body below the neck and I can't even tell if it's the upper body or the lower body that's longer. None of the individual sliders that I have (in my mods/packages/sliders/ folder) seem to be named as a mod that can modify leg, calf or hips or waist or full body length. I'm gonna try removing one creator's sliders and toying with the body randomization. Perhaps a little process of elimination will help me narrow this down.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 9:01 PM
Check OEM (Oneeuromutt) - if you have their complete slider pack, there is a possibility it's in there - they have a few related to body length.

EDIT: Can you attach a picture of your sliders in a list format? Maybe I can find it that way - going by what you have listed in the top, I don't see any height sliders specifically in there.

Also - what mods do you have besides the sliders?

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Dec 2022 at 1:17 PM
This is an old thread, but I'd like to reply, as I have recently checked all my sliders.
From what I can tell, there are the following commonly used CC CAS sliders that affect sim height. For anyone that may have this or a similar issue:

Jonha
JonhaTorsoHeight - is part of randomisation and affects arms (JonhaArmLength has another slider to counterbalance this)
JonhaLegLength - is part of randomisation

OEM
OEM Z BodyHeight - not part of randomisation, does not affect arms
OEM Z LegLentgh - not part of randomisation

Bloom
Bloom SimHeight - not part of randomisation, affects arms
Bloom LegLength - not part of randomisation

Cmar
Cmar SimHeight - part of randomisation, does not affect arms