Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:24 AM Last edited by Kiki1509 : 17th Jul 2010 at 5:46 AM.
Umm Im stuck...again I dont know how to get my pics on here ? Anyone help ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:42 AM
Quick question. I assume I all ready know the answer.

Do you count expansion pack items as custom content?

Allready started on the lot and tried to play with base game items. So much fun, bringing back some of my "original" ideas and memories when I first got the game.

~Vince
Test Subject
#103 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:47 AM
I'll join
Test Subject
#104 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbk88

Allready started on the lot and tried to play with base game items. So much fun, bringing back some of my "original" ideas and memories when I first got the game.

~Vince
No Im pretty sure u do NOT count expansion pack items as costom content as they are included in the game
Forum Resident
#105 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jbk88

~Vince

No, all official EA content is not considered custom content. This includes content from the online store.

Quote: Originally posted by Kiki1509
Umm Im stuck...again I dont know how to get my pics on here ? Anyone help ?

You upload your photos to an imaging website, such as photobucket. Then, you take the address for the picture, slap some img tags around it when you post your finished product, and you're done.
Test Subject
#106 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:30 AM
shoot! accidently put the thing on backwards -_-' oh well. with a bit of minor modifications, I think I can flip it around. Just when I thought I was finished too!
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:35 AM
I have used almost every 30x30 lot in Sunset Valley trying to get this thing just right, Not to mention the houses I build with the foundation backwards. Almost done I think, hopefully it will be up sometime tomorrow.
Test Subject
#108 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:17 AM
You upload your photos to an imaging website, such as photobucket. Then, you take the address for the picture, slap some img tags around it when you post your finished product, and you're done.[/QUOTE] Thanks
Mad Poster
#109 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:19 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 17th Jul 2010 at 4:23 PM.
Here's my entry in the contest. I had fun building this house, I needed inspiration to build a lot for a wealthy elderly couple, that want to move away from the original home. Too many grandbabies. (That's the way I see it.)

In Riverview, a family named the Bateman have made a name in town of being very well off and raising four kids. The oldest son has married and the wife constantly ending up expecting another grandchild, now making the extension of the oldest son to three children. The other three children have grown up and flew the coop, leaving the matriarch and patriarch to desiring moving out and live out their final days going on world adventures and having time to enjoy fishing and gardening.

While out taking a drive, they came upon a rundown home and saw lots of potential in a nice home with space enough just for the two of them. So they took a bit of the family funds and remodeled the home, checking everyday for the progress. Oh yes, they love the grandchildren and don't mind their company, but the daughter-in-law is expecting again. Now they are waiting for the completion of the new home to give their son space (and save their sanity).

Room For Two-Lovely Country Home

Front:

Backyard:

Overview:

Livingroom:

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

I am using Custom Content, the roof by tammytrauma @ MTS, siding by Nengi65 @ SimsCrossing, Dodge Charger by FreshPrince @ MTS, some free EA store items.

Thank you for allowing me to make my entry.

Edited for resizing pictures and credits.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#110 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:44 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 17th Jul 2010 at 9:56 PM.
Default Eastlake Manor aka "The Dollhouse"
After marrying the woman of his dreams, Jack promised himself that he would do anything he could to make her happy. When he discovered Audrey's adoration of Eastlake Manor and her childhood dream to live there one day, he took out a loan and surprised her with the keys and deed to their new home. Her love of Victorian era design had them frequenting yard sales and antique shops, looking for just the right pieces to fill their new home. Jack only had one stipulation; Audrey had to allow him to update the appliances so he could practice his craft at home. A year later, their house is beautifully decorated, Audrey spends most of her time outside in the sun and garden, and they are expecting their first child.

Front View
Built in the Queen Anne style, this home is the epitome of the Victorian era. Identifying features of such homes include an asymmetrical facade, dark color scheme with textured exterior walls, intricate and delicate details in the railings and columns, and elaborate roofing. As a girl, Audrey called the home a grown up dollhouse and even had her grandfather build her a miniature replica. She and Jack now privately refer to their home as "The Dollhouse".

Back View
The backyard is a botanical paradise with beautiful trees, flowers, a pond, and even garden gnomes to keep the outdoor lovers company. Most days, Audrey finds inspiration in the beauty of nature and she now has an easel outside so that she may work among her muse.

First Floor
Complete with a conservatory, the first floor has a spacious, open floor design. Also, the coat closet has been transformed into a half bath for guests.

Second Floor
The second level includes a gender neutral nursery, a walk in closet converted to an office, and another small bedroom that Audrey and Jack use as their den, plus 2 full bathrooms.

Living Room
Audrey has declared the living room to be the formal "sitting room". With a fireplace that is perfect for cold days, the room has been decorated in a timeless style that is elegant and inviting.

Kitchen
Jack's kitchen has modern appliances but still holds the graceful style of the rest of the house. Breakfast bar, cabinets a plenty, and granite counter tops make this room fit for a 5 star chef.

Dining Room
Blending the antique style of the sitting room with the sleek design of the kitchen, the dining room harmoniously unites the first floor. Perfect for special occasions such as holidays and anniversaries, this room is sure to be the heart of the family, where laughter and momentous events are shared by all.

Conservatory
In other words, an enclosed porch that has such panache it must be called something more fitting. Brick makes up the walls, perfect for appealing to the sun's warmth, and open windows create a room that anyone would be happy to spend a day in. The conservatory has the perfect ambience for reading a book, taking a nap, or playing games with friends and family.

Master Bedroom
The bedroom has been designed to embody the meaning of comfort and instill serenity. Without the technological distractions of televisions or phones, this room is the perfect place to start and end every day.

Notes: No CC was used in the making of this manor. It requires only the base game.
Test Subject
#111 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:45 AM
Would Custom Patterns created with the official CAP count as CC?
Test Subject
#112 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessy503
Would Custom Patterns created with the official CAP count as CC?

I would assume so, no different then using patterns from third party sites. The patterns would not of been made by EA.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:38 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 17th Jul 2010 at 9:02 AM.
Woo! So many more entries! Contestant list updated. Please let me know if I've missed you!

missroxor - Up to 8 total pics. Please don't collage them for this contest so it will make it easier to see that you have indeed taken the required pics plus 3 bonus pics. The limit on pics is meant as a bit of a challenge - you may not be able to show everything you want to, so you have to choose what things to highlight with your pics, and what things to leave out.

Winterhart - I don't know why the lot doesn't want to be placed without rotating, but if you look at the screenshot for it that I posted along with the attachment, you can see the sidewalk along the bottom edge - that's the front. One entry per person - with four rounds and four houses to build, I think it'd be pretty tough to make eight or twelve houses, even for a prolific builder. However... well, see the end of this post...

jbk88 - Expansion pack, stuff pack, or Store content is not counted as custom content.

jessy503 - Custom patterns created with Create a Pattern would be considered CC, yes.

I can't remember who asked this... - And CTRL-F for "wood" is bringing up too much stuff... The question was "Can we replace the brick foundation with the wood one?" Yes, as long as the shape of the foundation remains exactly the same. It's basically just a different texture and doesn't change the limitations of having to build within that footprint, so as long as you replace it exactly, that's fine.

Please do NOT post "reserving spot for entry!" type posts! Please post your entry at the end of the thread!

It's really difficult to scroll through and try to figure out whose entry is new and which I've already seen, with so many - you can't reserve a spot just by posting. Ya gotta actually post your entry to get on the contestant list... And it makes it waaaay easier to do the contestant list if you post at the end of the thread - I know I've added entries up to a certain point and any after that are new, I don't have to scroll through the entire thread every time I add contestants. Thanks!

Chatter Thread:

I'm going to (in just a minute here) post up a chatter thread for this contest. So if you just want to talk about stuff, or if you really want to build a lot on the foundation but you don't really want to -compete-, or you won't be able to do all 4 rounds but still want to build for a couple of them, or want to do more than 1 entry... I'll link it up in just a sec.

Edit: Here ya go! CHAT THREAD! WOO!
Test Subject
#114 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:39 AM
This seems interesting, if I can get TS3 working again (Patches ruin mods, enough said) within the limit I'll give this a shot, but I do have questions.

I do understand that the contest is about home designing and that is the focus, but what about having Sims present or living in the lot (such as for showing practicality as an in-game house or to go along with stories told) so long as the Sims themselves are not the focus of the screenshots? Would that be allowed in the contest, or not?

Please don't shoot me for asking such a dumb/idiotic question, but I wanted to know if such was allowed.

EDIT made to clarify post's purpose.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#115 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:53 AM
Linen - You are welcome to have sims on the lot and include them in any way you see fit. It's not disallowed and if that works for you - whether you just want them there to make pics easier or if they're taking us on a guided tour, or whatever, that's your choice and you're welcome to do so.
Test Subject
#116 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:13 AM
Joining
retired moderator
Original Poster
#117 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:17 AM
saku-baka - Don't suppose you, um, read my last post, or the bit about only posting to join when you've actually got your entry ready...?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:57 AM
Are you allowed to have outbuildings on the lot? For a nectary or hay, etc.?
Test Subject
#119 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:27 PM
Coming from a line of French royals, Pierre is used to living in a huge, spacious home. However, when the palace is attacked by a mystery assailant - he is forced to leave and seek refuge in a town over the seas. Here in sunset valley, he has spent months building and decorating his house - with only a little help from the locals.

This is what he achieved:

Hope this is alright
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:05 PM
Beefysim1 - Yes, you can do a small shed or carport, or garage or whatever, as long as the required rooms are all in the main house.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:20 PM
I'm in!
(Although I'll never beat Flabiliki xD )

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Forum Resident
#122 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure. Are we allowed to paint the exterior of the foundation, so long as we don't alter its placement?
Top Secret Researcher
#123 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:42 PM
Yes you can

Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
painting/CASting the foundation is fine, so long as you don't edit the shape of it.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:44 PM
LifesLover - Yes, of course! You can paint it however you like - or if you want to replace it with the wood lattice foundation, you can remove it and replace it with the wood one as long as it stays the exact same size and shape.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#125 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:50 PM
Would default replacements that change object size count towards the CC limit? I have a few that make some of the deco clutter slightly larger or smaller but the original objects are still EA. Just thought I'd ask in case I want to use them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu

Page 5 of 12