Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:53 PM Last edited by IrishA03 : 4th Oct 2014 at 6:45 PM.
Default Slow Laptop- used to run perfectly until yesterday- Any help?
My laptop is still loading as I type as it just barely made it past the loading "Welcome" screen.
It's a great laptop, bought around three years ago or so. Up until around yesterday (maybe a bit longer) it's been working great, loading TS3 quickly, starting up the laptop itself quickly too. However, today it simply isn't starting up- just right now, it's finally showing my screensaver and my sticky notes.
I installed Pose Player around three days ago, tested how it worked with my game and it was fine. The day after, all installed a pose pack and after that another. When I installed the third my laptop started acting up- I'm now uninstalling Pose Player and the poses.
I suspect I may have a virus. Now, my laptop has suddenly shut down. This is bad, I think. Any help? I'll post my specs soon- if I get the chance

ETA: It's currnetly working now, and Pose Player with the poses is gone, and it's running okay- but I'm not sure how long it'll last...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 7:50 PM Last edited by C_Guy : 6th Oct 2014 at 3:09 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong
You may won't to run a program to check for malicious programs, some sort of antispyware program and you should see about looking at a online virus scan or worm removel list from Symantec site.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:12 PM
I agree with C_Guy. Even though you say it's working now, you really should scan your laptop since malware/spyware/virus/trojan/etc can cause your computer to slow down or even stop responding altogether. My personal recommendations would be MalwareBytes and Avast. Both have free versions and between the 2 of them should catch anything that your laptop may have.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:52 PM
I agree with the free recommendations above. If you're thinking about a paid antivirus I recommend Eset NOD32. Stay away from Norton.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 4:29 PM
Thanks
What's so wrong with Nortan? Okay, so I never heard about it until now, but what does it do?
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 4:26 AM
It was a popular paid anti-virus in the 2000s but it went to shit over the years. Terribly invasive.