Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#24901 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
What types of lots "reset" themselves after Sims leave? I know residential lots will always keep a trace of their inhabitants, so they can't be uploaded if visited, but I recently heard (from so reputable a source as Peni Griffin, IIRC) that community lots are reset after each visit, so they're safe... what about the other types of lots? (at this point I'm still cloning everything to playtest, but if I don't need to, that'd be useful information!)

If you want to upload anything it is always the best to keep a completely clean lot for it and that means no sims have ever been on the lot.

I have a hood just for building which has no sims in it at all and will copy one of my lots to a game with sims to test it and then make what ever adjustment needed in my clean building hood this way there is 0 chance of corruption.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#24902 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 10:10 PM
Alright... seems like the safer course is still to clone everything then. Oh well...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#24903 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 10:31 PM
Putting two Myne Doors on a dorm room makes it a double-room, right?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24904 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 10:33 PM
Yes it does.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#24905 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If you only have one counter space available, which is the most useful - microwave, toaster oven, or food processor?

If you only have one counter space available, why not just leave it empty? Your Sims can use the empty counter to prep food, then they can set group meals on that empty counter after they're done cooking.

Of course, if you're playing a single Sim living alone and only rarely inviting company over, then I suppose you might as well put something there. A food processor adds a little more to the Hunger value of your food, which can combine with that of the stove for a more nutritious meal. You can't use stoves or food processors in concert with microwave ovens or toaster ovens, so "food processors trump microwave ovens trump toaster ovens," at least in my book.

Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
What kind of poker do the sims play?

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I've only ever seen them playing Texas Hold 'Em... no Five-Card-Stud or Blackjack or anything like that, unfortunately...

It kinda-sorta looks like Texas Hold 'Em, except that Simmy Poker sometimes has a board card, and Texas Hold 'Em doesn't. Texas Hold 'Em also has five flop cards, while Simmy Poker often has more or fewer than five flop cards on the table.

So I'm thinking that Simmy Poker is probably closest to Omaha Poker, which has three flop cards and a board card on the table, and then a second board card comes after that (which Simmy Poker doesn't have). Plus, the dealer initially deals two cards to each player in Simmy Poker, while each player is initially dealt four cards under Omaha rules. So it's not quite Omaha Poker neither.

Whatever our beloved Sims are playing, it's definitely not Seven-Card Stud, Five-Card Stud or Five-Card Draw. And Blackjack isn't a Poker game, Silly Billy! I did cut my teeth on Blackjack when I was a weeyin, though. It's fun, but I don't much care for Blackjack these days because it leaves far too much to chance. .

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Mad Poster
#24906 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
If you only have one counter space available, why not just leave it empty? Your Sims can use the empty counter to prep food, then they can set group meals on that empty counter after they're done cooking.

Of course, if you're playing a single Sim living alone and only rarely inviting company over, then I suppose you might as well put something there. A food processor adds a little more to the Hunger value of your food, which can combine with that of the stove for a more nutritious meal. You can't use stoves or food processors in concert with microwave ovens or toaster ovens, so "food processors trump microwave ovens trump toaster ovens," at least in my book.

Actually, I always keep an empty space on the counter (because otherwise Sims tend to throw the food on the floor rather than use the nearby dining table). I should have actually said "one spare counter space available."
Inventor
#24907 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:35 AM
Food processor. Definitely go for the food processor.

(Or you can do what I've done before and put a Ming Vase there. It won't help your Sims cook anything, but it'll really spruce up your Environment and tie the kitchen together. .

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Mad Poster
#24908 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 6:01 AM
Go for the Ming vase. Much more interesting in a kitchen than a food processor. (Except if your Sim is a celebrity chef. Then add extra counters, a food processor AND a Ming vase).
Top Secret Researcher
#24909 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Well, apartments reset when all playables move out. Vacation hotels reset when vacation ends. Hobby lots reset when playable leaves.
What is considered a "reset"? Because hotels will not reset to their original state, beds left unmade will still be unmade when the next guests arrive, holes dug in the ground will still be there, broken appliances will still be broken, invisible beach towels accumulated on the lot will still be there (if you have that issue), and so on.
Mad Poster
#24910 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
What is considered a "reset"? Because hotels will not reset to their original state, beds left unmade will still be unmade when the next guests arrive, holes dug in the ground will still be there, broken appliances will still be broken, invisible beach towels accumulated on the lot will still be there (if you have that issue), and so on.

I don't think that hotels do reset. I've had exactly the same problems after vacations.
Field Researcher
#24911 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:25 PM
Thanks for the answers about the poker - I couldn't make out quite what it was. There were too many inconsistencies for me lol.
Scholar
#24912 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:55 PM
Why can't I place a coffeemaker or microwave on Honeywell's practical kitchen shelf?
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=564764

I place the shelf with move objects on, but objects can't be placed on the shelf with or without move objects on.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Field Researcher
#24913 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:05 PM
I haven't played with that yet, but did you try hitting the M key if it places on the counter? Not sure if that would help any, but that's my first guess. I'll have to play around with it in game if it doesn't work for you, unless someone else has gotten it to work.
Scholar
#24914 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:10 PM
I haven't played with that yet, but did you try hitting the M key if it places on the counter? Not sure if that would help any, but that's my first guess. I'll have to play around with it in game if it doesn't work for you, unless someone else has gotten it to work.

Hmmm.... what does the M-key do? I will try it right now, thanks!

Field Researcher
#24915 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:16 PM
The M key shifts it between available slots, and it may pick up the shelf as a slot.

Stupid question time: If I switch out my default plates, will that screw up my leftovers? Also, is it safe to move previously owned lots via the lot bin? I may have to create space in my hood for houses, but if it's not safe I'll figure out another way.
Scholar
#24916 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:27 PM
The M key shifts it between available slots, and it may pick up the shelf as a slot.

Stupid question time: If I switch out my default plates, will that screw up my leftovers? Also, is it safe to move previously owned lots via the lot bin? I may have to create space in my hood for houses, but if it's not safe I'll figure out another way.

Got it! It worked when I moved the shelf to not above the counter and then put the microwave on top and moved the shelf back to over the counter.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24917 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:46 PM
Defaults can be removed or changed at any time.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#24918 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Got it! It worked when I moved the shelf to not above the counter and then put the microwave on top and moved the shelf back to over the counter.

You should post this solution in your help thread so others can find it. It'll get lost in the wave of responses here.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Field Researcher
#24919 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Actually, I always keep an empty space on the counter (because otherwise Sims tend to throw the food on the floor rather than use the nearby dining table). I should have actually said "one spare counter space available."

A spare counter is a useful spot to place the Variable Meal Server flower vase - a very useful widget available somewhere here at MTS. This is one of those mods I wish I'd learned about much sooner, because it lets you tell a sim to serve a meal for anywhere between 2 and 20 people in one go, rather than the default six servings. It also comes in a smoke alarm version you can hang on the wall, but I prefer the vase, and I'd rather keep it in the kitchen if I can. A corner counter, normally inaccessible, is where I normally place it.
Scholar
#24920 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:27 PM
Stupid question: Do playables put more strain on loading times than townies? I'd say yes, because they need housing, thus more lots, but is the difference significant? For instance if no townies are regenerated will making about 50 townies playable noticeably slow down my game?
Scholar
#24921 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:30 PM
That's actually a really good question! Now I want to know
Instructor
#24922 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:07 PM
Is there a way to reduce townies? There are too many of them, and the ids for newborns are getting numbers like 600+, is it possible that my game have a number of townies close to it? Specially considering most of them do not die of old age? Should I start a killing spree? Or they will generate more if I kill/delete them?
I had a bug the other day and used "the tomb of life and death" to add my sim to a new family and I had to go through many pages until this sim appeared as it is more recent than those npcs that came w/all EPs.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Field Researcher
#24923 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:52 PM
There are mods that stop townie regeneration, as well as ways to stop them from generating completely. The mods to stop regenerating are over at MATY in the director's cut - NoTownieRegen NoDormieRegen etc. You can use empty templates to prevent townies from spawning at all unless you create them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24924 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina
Is there a way to reduce townies? There are too many of them, and the ids for newborns are getting numbers like 600+, is it possible that my game have a number of townies close to it? Specially considering most of them do not die of old age? Should I start a killing spree? Or they will generate more if I kill/delete them?
I had a bug the other day and used "the tomb of life and death" to add my sim to a new family and I had to go through many pages until this sim appeared as it is more recent than those npcs that came w/all EPs.

You want to use clean and empty templates or the no template method for a hood with no townies. Townies then have to be made, I have 3.

Or you can put in all the no regen mods and kill them off slowly. Without mods every time you kill a townie the game will make a new one.

There is also a mod for NPC (these are different to townies) so your game only generates what is needed. These are taxi/bus/car pool drivers, nannies, maids, barrister's etc.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24925 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queziacristina

As for the number being only 600 which is low and yes new sims start at the last number and work higher.
Getting rid of sims still has there number taken up anyway so there is really no way to get the number lower without starting over with clean and empty templates and either taken out N001 from your base game programs folders or getting a clean and empty one like @Jawusa is working on here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800

Clean and empty templates are here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: 1000 pages.... time to start a new one!
Page 997 of 1000