Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:55 AM
now and than they appear in the consignment store to buy i remember seeing a pink one in there.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:28 AM
I've seen the ninja and a mummy music box one in my consignment store. I think you just have to keep checking back regulaly.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samanthafairy1
I've seen the ninja and a mummy music box one in my consignment store. I think you just have to keep checking back regulaly.

I liked the music boxes, but I found it kind of annoying that my toddler could not play with it.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:30 PM
The World editor!
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Chronicle : 7th Jun 2010 at 8:10 PM.
Watching my SimBot, Kristoph, "Converse With" the Microwave is hilarious. I have no clue what they're actually talking about, but it looks like he's flirting with the thing.

... It borders on being really, really creepy, actually...

(Looking back at it, he just hugged the microwave, with little hearts flying everywhere. Oh-kay, time to find something more productive for him to do, before the female SimBot gets home...)

EDIT: Oh, wow. The female SimBot (Francisca) stupidly tried to play with the sprinklers while I wasn't looking, so I moved them out of the way and had Kristoph attempt to repair her. Unfortunately, for some reason he kept stopping midway through, and, well...
I don't rightly know what happened. Francisca's "Short Out" moodlet timer ran out, a fire started, and Kristoph got a dose of electricity, all at the same time. I'm not sure whether the electricity was from Kristoph failing the repair, or from the moodlet running out, or what the fire came from, but it was pretty hectic!
After the fire was put out (Thank goodness SimBots are Brave!), I noticed that Kristoph had a new moodlet:

... Which I found to be a pretty cute little touch. Aww.
Inventor
#56 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:05 PM
Microwave ovens need love too you know....

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Microwave ovens need love too you know....

There's still something fundamentally weird about cheating on your girlfriend with a Microwave Oven. Just sayin'.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but in CAS when you edit relationships, sims can now be engaged or dating, in addition to married, just housemates, or siblings.

This is AWESOME!!
Instructor
#59 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 9:39 PM
Oh I LOVE that I've been waiting for that for sooo long. I almost want to get the expansion just because of that.

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jaydock
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but in CAS when you edit relationships, sims can now be engaged or dating, in addition to married, just housemates, or siblings.

This is AWESOME!!

It is awesome. Now I don't have to waste time getting my sims to flirt it up so they become romantically involved. Sweet.
Test Subject
#61 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:43 AM
Just a little thing I noticed: If you use the moodlet manager to cure a townie and it doesn't backfire, they will come over and thank you. Nice little touch. (I think this is new with the expansion. I certainly never noticed it before!)
Scholar
#62 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 2:27 AM
you can dig 2 holes with the digger in 2 separate places than warp to them. and sometimes when you dig you discover an underground tunnel network and can explore it like the time machine and catacombs
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:49 AM
Parker Langerak grows up into a serious hottie. He's married to one of my CAS sims and they have a cutie pie of a teenage son. I think this may be my new legacy family.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 7:23 AM
Not really a *tiny* feature, but totally unexpected and awesome: The X ray machine at the hospital can go berserk.

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:01 AM
Um, I had NO idea that this expansion was so awesome! *runs out to buy it*

One problem I have with it is the Stylist job. I don't want a bunch of townies making over my beautiful sims. No siree. Is there a mod that disables random styling?
Scholar
#66 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:03 AM
i havn't seen any mods made yet not on this site anyway?
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralynn
Oh I LOVE that I've been waiting for that for sooo long. I almost want to get the expansion just because of that.

It's introduced in the latest patch so you don't have to get the expansion

Although you should

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#68 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chronicle
There's still something fundamentally weird about cheating on your girlfriend with a Microwave Oven. Just sayin'.

Well yeah I guess there is, cheating on your girlfriend is never nice.
But for singles it's not an issue, just don't do it in front of the coffeemaker, it gets jalous and will throw a temper tantrum.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#69 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 12:10 PM
My husband's sim stuck his tongue on his ice sculpture- which was completely unexpected. I am not sure what causes them to do it, all I know is we were watching him sculpt and he leaned over and stuck his tongue on it and it got stuck for a minute.

I never noticed it until my husband showed me, but if your martial arts is high enuf you can break 150 oak boards to unlock getting gems out of space rock boards.

I also LOVE the sound of the sims falling into the holes from the drill.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 3:02 PM
So we have Lightning from the X-Ray machines and Traps, we have clouds from the firefighter mission...could weather be on the horizon?

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Instructor
#71 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
Not really a *tiny* feature, but totally unexpected and awesome: The X ray machine at the hospital can go berserk.

omg that is soooo Lawrence Kutner in House

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Field Researcher
#72 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:56 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 9th Jun 2010 at 12:20 AM.
i've been trying to post this in a new thread but maybe it's not showing up because it falls under this category? i discovered something neat today when playing around

if you're an architect and you shift+click on an occupied residential lot the "spawn job" option comes up and you can choose a remodeling job to do on that house. better than waiting for one to show up on its own right? i'm assuming this works for stylist career too.

**"testingcheatsenabled true" must be typed first**

has anyone else discovered this or am i the first one? =D

Quote: Originally posted by jaydock

This is AWESOME!!

OOOH THATS NEAT!!!

Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
you can dig 2 holes with the digger in 2 separate places than warp to them. and sometimes when you dig you discover an underground tunnel network and can explore it like the time machine and catacombs

has anyone figured out how to use the miner on a public lot? that way you can go in the tunnel on your home lot and "travel to" one on a community lot instead of driving. because what is the point of traveling from one end of your home lot to another? if EA didnt make this possible then i think it's a complete waste.

Quote: Originally posted by donnellhouse
the inventions are fun but they don't always seem to work so great -- the "Harvester" makes my Sim dizzy, sick & stressed out -- maybe as my skill level improves, so will the inventions? It'd be great to stand there and 'suck up" all the harvest-able stuff ... but not if she has to barf five seconds later and is miserable the rest of the day ...

i dunno but i made one on level 10 and my sim still got sick. i even made my simbot use it and he got sick and threw up too! he had all the same reactions as a normal sim. he threw up green though, it would've been cooler if he threw up gears.

OH YEAH! and today my sim reached the top of the PI career and they threw a huge party for her at city hall. when i got there, there were tons of sims standing outside with balloons throwing confetti and stuff. then the mayor came out and handed her an award
i forgot to make her change out of her pj's though heh heh..

oh yeah has anyone put the fire pole in their house yet to use instead of stairs? apparently it's possible to substitute it for stairs, but i havent put it in my own home yet. can kids use the fire pole?

sorry this post is so long..
Screenshots
Scholar
#73 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
has anyone figured out how to use the miner on a public lot? that way you can go in the tunnel on your home lot and "travel to" one on a community lot instead of driving. because what is the point of traveling from one end of your home lot to another? if EA didnt make this possible then i think it's a complete waste.

put the digger in your inv choose add than go to a lot and take it out by dragging it, place it and start digging. i made a warp tunnel from my house to the junkyard. but the sim takes too long to come out the other end in most of the time it's just quicker to drive there :P
Field Researcher
#74 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
put the digger in your inv choose add than go to a lot and take it out by dragging it, place it and start digging. i made a warp tunnel from my house to the junkyard. but the sim takes too long to come out the other end in most of the time it's just quicker to drive there :P

hmm i thought i tried that but i'll try again! i figured it would take a long time but if your sim has nothing better to do might as well!
Scholar
#75 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 12:40 AM
to make a tunnel work you have to keep digging until it says you can't dig anymore. than click the hole and name it and it's now a warp point.
Page 3 of 5