Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#601 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 10:11 PM
I love the interior of the nice big, surprisingly square, ranch. But there's no garage door?

I come in peace
Original Poster
#602 Old 30th Dec 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I love the interior of the nice big, surprisingly square, ranch. But there's no garage door?
Since I made the garage bay seven squares wide, I wasn't really thinking ahead. I though it would be okay to just paint the wall a darker grey and pretend it was a garage door, but I guess that doesn't really work.

Lets put this up to a vote.

keep current "fake" door = agree

add 2 in-game doors in "I've thought of a way to do this that won't effect the exterior look at all." = disagree

add three tile garage door to CC list = helpful

Hm, I need to come up with something to put here.
Alchemist
#603 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 2:09 AM
Oh, BTW. Because of you I totally fell in love with Victorian architecture. I've made serveral homes already inspired by yours. Thanks

I come in peace
#604 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 6:52 PM
I love the interior of the new home.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's an eichler tract house, correct? More precisely, this one?

http://www.houseplans.com/plan/1649...-2-garage-33627

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Instructor
#605 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 1:46 AM
The open air hallway with garden made me think of Dantooine from KOTOR. LMFAO. Love it.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Alchemist
#606 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 1st Jan 2013 at 9:19 PM.
I'm currently running the world without CC. I know, sounds odd because there are plenty of things missing, but it runs fine now. No long loading times and no laggs nor freezes. I'll later try it out with the CC which needed only, see if runs fine then
The world is good for building, too

Screenshots

I come in peace
#607 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 7:47 AM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 18th Mar 2013 at 3:45 AM.

Top Secret Researcher
#608 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 8:03 AM
I love the new detailing, and yes, I agree, about the nights, they're too dark. I've tinkered a little with weather, and I like the grayness of the sky, so it should remain that color, but be lighter.

As for the garage doors, they take away form the style of the home. I liked the original one better, we just need to figure out a way to accent it more, maybe darker? a more prominent gray?

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Mad Poster
#609 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 4:49 PM
Or, just open up the space without the door, like a covered drive way.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
dodgy builder
#610 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
I'll add a lot in for you in the next beta.[/I]

Great! you're the

I had such a great night in playtesting a couple of days ago. Love the light. The Exterior and gardens are finished.

Flichr Slideshow Start at the end
Lab Assistant
#611 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 2:11 AM
I absolutel love what you've turned this world into!

I may be a bit behind the ball here, but if you need any help building commercial or residential lots for the town, please consider my services.

~Simoleon
Alchemist
#612 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 9:27 PM
Woah, you've done a lot, really nice!
A shame though, that my house can't be included. Thanks though

I come in peace
#613 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 1:08 PM
My house is 32 mb now lol, about time I ship it out. My pc is about to buckle under the pressure. I guess you're fully occupied with fixing routing, my condolances. I was just wondering if these snow flakes are a bit big? Can't you tune that in the ini's?

301212 PoolHouse by Volvenom, on Flickr

301212 PoolHouse by Volvenom, on Flickr

The colors are fab
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#614 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 3:14 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 18th Mar 2013 at 3:46 AM.

Alchemist
#615 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 6:20 PM
Oh, if so, I'll get right on and finish the house

edit: Fuck, I lost it

I come in peace
#616 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by RayeNation : 6th Feb 2013 at 1:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
first test world - scrapped

I like the painting done on the first test world than I do the second..I know the second one was barely a glimpse but the first shows a great example of blending paints. Keep up the good work! I'm chomping at the bit for the official release!!

Edit: OH! I also wanted to add that I stumbled across this:

I know you scrapped the boardwalk extending out into the water idea but that space in between to two community lots I figured could use this ^^^^^ or something similar or even using it at the other end of the map where the gallery lot is...annnnd on another note, for some reason the terrain in Reyes makes me think about horses and then I noticed..there is space in this world for pastures for horses but there aren't any included..something like you see off the road here:

It's doable in CAW by simply putting a lot of lots together as close as possible, putting a fence around the perimeter of the lot in-game to where it meets the other lots and in CAW, use a fence part to fill in the tiny space between the lots so it looks like one area and with a small blob of routing paint there as well so horses can't get out once you put them in and BAM instant pasture...It's just a suggestion of course, even though I'd love you forever if you did it (or added the CAW files so we can add our own little touches). I love the idea of seeing herds of mustangs running across the pastures as sims drive along the roads.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#617 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Ouerbacker : 18th Mar 2013 at 3:45 AM.

Forum Resident
#618 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 2:43 AM
Bah, tents are awesome. They're used in winter festivals, too!

Would you be mad if I said it looks eclectically awesome as it is? XD
None of the combos with solid sides look.... 'tenty' enough, though.

Voting for rbgw striped as most liked of those shown. As a side note, I'd like the red and yellow a lot more if the square door frame wasn't oddly off center looking in between stripes like that.
Instructor
#619 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 10:36 AM
Love that tent! What a neat idea for a festival lot.
Test Subject
#620 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 7:09 AM
Does anyone know which page the last BETA is on?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#621 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 3:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RayeNation
Does anyone know which page the last BETA is on?

It shouldn't be no more than a page or two back. Since it's a little old, there is also a batch of caw files for Reyes on a thread which is listed as Disko island over at the official forums

Well, I finally came about a little time this weekend.

- and, on a whim, I decided to make a shipwrecked boat.

Should I keep this, or should I scrap it?

The more I look at the pictures, the more I opt for the latter choice.

Also, here is the spring festival lot.

close-up of tent

and a side project disconnected from reyes

Field Researcher
#622 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 9:10 AM
I really like the boat, I think it should be kept-and the side project is pretty-where's it set?

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
dodgy builder
#623 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
I really like the boat, I think it should be kept-and the side project is pretty-where's it set?

I think I see the golf range a bit up on the left

I'm not sure about the boat
Instructor
#624 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 1:03 PM
I like the boat! It fills that part of the shore and it sure is something unique that nobody has ever put in their world yet. Plus, with some small junk piles inside, it would be a great source of scrap for inventors.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Forum Resident
#625 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 9:26 PM
Spring lot looks great!

I like the concept of the shipwreck, and it does look better than using the standard CAW object, but it still looks a bit too blocky to sit well with me. Does it have explorable chambers left? Any secrets at all? That would be cool. Would be a good place for a small trash pile and a metal spawner, if nothing else.
Page 25 of 31