Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#176 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeathByBeingStoned
http://www.thesims3.com/community/b...l?blogid=411819

Would the Party Stuff include fixes so that invited guests would actually show up on time (or close to it) and actually spend time socializing at the party? Sims 3 parties are a disappointment. And, given how borked up the whole meal eating thing is in Sims 3, why would she even mention dinner parties?

Sports Stuff? WTF good is that without sports my sims can actually play? A rabbit hole does not count as sports.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 29th Mar 2012 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We've seen some.
If we get cupcake bras... I'll flip a building of employment. More than likely Electronic Arts...

There is a lady in one of the pictures that wears what appears to be a bra, but she's pictured from behind.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 30th Mar 2012 at 2:44 PM
...but did Frankie get his Stuff Pack back??
Lab Assistant
#179 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
We've seen some.
If we get cupcake bras... I'll flip a building of employment. More than likely Electronic Arts...

More pics from this eyesore of an SP here.

ETA: Frankie, I would say to fight them on general principle to honor their promise, but after seeing this, I'm not sure it's worth it.
Mad Poster
#180 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:37 PM
If you need me, I'll be on my way to Electronic Arts...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#181 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 4:38 AM Last edited by frankie : 4th Apr 2012 at 5:25 AM. Reason: Update.
I Got SP6 Back!
I got SP6 back! I just chatted with a live agent online, and he/she simply reactivated it for me without any hassle. I was quite surprised that he/she did not argue or hesitate. I didn't get another Origin coupon this time, but that's okay. At least I was ready to fight for the principle of it.

Screenshot:

One Minute Ninja'd
#182 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I got SP6 back! I just chatted with a live agent online, and he/she simply reactivated it for me without any hassle. I was quite surprised that he/she did not argue or hesitate. I didn't get another Origin coupon this time, but that's okay. At least I was ready to fight for the principle of it.

I would say congrats, lucky you, but look at what you're getting for "free". Personally, I'd be happier if they offered to pay you to download and install it (and even then it better be enough money to justify holding your nose every time you see it).
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 9:29 AM
Well I happy they reinstated it and that you were willing to stand up to them on principle. Maybe it won't be so bad.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#184 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 6:40 PM
Thank you. We shall see how this pack will be, but I am not getting my hopes high.
Top Secret Researcher
#185 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 7:08 PM
I guess it can come in handy for insane sims. But how many do you have of them? Not enough to justify £10 or whatever for now...

But I'm glad they gave you it. Must be the first thing I've heard good about EA in years.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#186 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
But I'm glad they gave you it. Must be the first thing I've heard good about EA in years.

Considering the fact that they won the Worst Company Award for 2012, according to recent posts at SimPrograms.
Test Subject
#187 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 7:57 PM
this is the worst SP ever.... i've watched the live video from the producer and they showed some items and venues included in the Packs, none of them really caught my interest..they all sucks. Just a bunch of candy-sweet themed decor items and fruit-themed furnitures.. the only new interaction item was the firework. when you launch it you can see the fireworks from map view. other than that, a total waste of money. and the venues, just a pool site, a park and...a playground. oh theres a KP Friday song in simlish too.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#188 Old 12th Apr 2012 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by atiedaud
.. the only new interaction item was the firework. when you launch it you can see the fireworks from map view.

I doubt that's new- we got fireworks that you can see from map view with World Adventures.
Test Subject
#189 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I doubt that's new- we got fireworks that you can see from map view with World Adventures.

Oh, i see.. haha. I didnt know about the WA fireworks, pardon me. lol if fireworks were already released, then there's nothing new coming out in the SP at all.. Just a bunch of girly stuffs for 30+$
Forum Resident
#190 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by atiedaud
this is the worst SP ever.... i've watched the live video from the producer and they showed some items and venues included in the Packs, none of them really caught my interest..they all sucks. Just a bunch of candy-sweet themed decor items and fruit-themed furnitures.. the only new interaction item was the firework. when you launch it you can see the fireworks from map view. other than that, a total waste of money. and the venues, just a pool site, a park and...a playground. oh theres a KP Friday song in simlish too.

Then dont buy it?
Test Subject
#191 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
Then dont buy it?

of course i wont buy it, just stating my dissappointment over the new released.. whereas EA couldve given us something better.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#192 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 4:23 AM
I do miss when The Sims was a bit more on the gender-neutral side with the released packs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#193 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:39 AM
I Received My Digital Copy
I know it's been over a month since the last post, but I thought I'd let you know that my free digital copy was instantly available via my Origin account just after midnight EST. I didn't feel that it was necessary to post many screenshots when many of us have already seen the ones floating around that show practically all that is included. Literally everything is candy-themed. In a nutshell, the pack comes with a bunch of eccentric YA/adult female clothing and hairstyles, one male outfit from the screenshot below, new buy/build objects, and three new community lots (park, pool, and hangout). Nothing for any other age group, and no new accessories, shoes, makeup, etc. Some of the hairstyles are actually quite nice sans the silly candy/sweets decorations. All those decorations totally ruin the hairstyles for me. I look forward to revisions of them from the community.

Alas, here is my big ol' queen! WORK that pink, boy!

Forum Resident
#194 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:09 AM
That's just horrible!
Forum Resident
#195 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 10:43 AM
I feel like it's a punishment rather than a compensation for you...poor frankie!
Theorist
#196 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 12:42 PM
After seeing those pictures, I'm inclined to agree with the comments that say EA should pay you to have this installed.

Additional loadings from new objects aside, they should at least compensate for the brain disinfectant you would inevitably need....
One Minute Ninja'd
#197 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 12:49 PM
So, you finally got this for free. Sorry you got ripped off.
Top Secret Researcher
#198 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 12:50 PM
A bit off topic, how did you get TS2 deluxe on your list? Did you register an old game or did you purchase it from EA directly?

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#199 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 4:10 PM
Noxnoxnox, Vhanster, and Eskie, with the risk of sounding ungrateful, I seriously doubt that I will have any use for KPST, with the expection of the "Candy Land" park because it's cute as a glorified playground for children. My dislike for the pack is not because it's already a popular opinion to frown upon it, but it's really just the fact that the candy theme is not my style. This pack would have been perfect were it a children's pack with all sorts of children's attire and hairstyles, etc., much like the Candy Land board game. I can't justify using this kind of attire for my grown adults, unless they were ShowTime Sims trying to be the next Katy Perry. I would never shun those who like it because it's their right to enjoy it. It's just that the theme is geared toward a limited demographic. Even FLS wasn't all that macho for being about cars and what have you. I guess I'm just a bit upset that EA had to be very gender-specific with this pack (aside from some of the males who might enjoy it). I miss when EA was all about neutral packs. Just about every pack wasn't girly or macho, and I miss that trend. Hell, even the H&M one for The Sims 2 had plenty of trendy clothes for males, and that was a fashion pack that many people would probably deem it a girly pack. Now, mind you, I like some eccentricity (I actually love Björk), but a candy theme... really, EA? Actually, scratch that... really, Katy Perry?

Ive, it was a rather odd but generous experience. I was chatting with a live agent about why my The Sims 2 base game couldn't work, and as a one-time complimentary deal for being a "loyal and valued customer", the agent ended up giving me The Sims 2 Deluxe because the original base game wasn't available via Origin. I had even tried to get my other old games activated but to no avail. So in essence, I ended up getting three games that I had never owned for free, all in the course of less than a year. I'm pretty sure that after having gotten the last two SPs for free, however, such a mistake won't ever occur again. EA was probably furious that they had to honor me a copy of KPST. Well, if it's any consolation, I won't use it.

Speaking of KPST... is it just me, or does it seem to make a what-the-fuck-ever type of sound, much like "pfft?"
Field Researcher
#200 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 4:33 PM
I'm watching a Youtube review of the KPST, and it astounds me how horrible the cllothes and hair are...it all looks like in TS2 time when the worst CC was phototextures slapped on a mesh...it looks so bad quality compared to normal TS3 clothes. Even if I wanted some candy stuff (which I don't) I wouldn't want it so poorly made. No real bumps and folds in the mesh, just too dark "shading" on the skin.
Page 8 of 9