Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 11:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Using Clean Installer?
Hello! So I have a few questions about the Clean Installer. First of all, how do you use it to install lots? Secondly, do you have to use it to install regular cc (like clothes and furniture) once you have it? Thirdly, how do I uninstall it? I just want it to get some lots for my new neighborhood, then delete it as my computer has pretty low hard drive space. Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 12:00 AM
I would not delete Clean Installer as it's an invaluable tool not only for installing lots but for sorting cc. With that you can make folders, check for hacks and doubled cc.

When I download a rar file lot, I do extract here on my desktop (I send downloads to my desktop) You will see the file looks like a pale blue folder. Click to open and it will show you the lot file at the top and any cc it contains under that. Select the lot file only and install it. It is set up by default to go where it supposed to.
If there is cc with the lot select those files and not the lot file. When you click install you will have to untick the default, make sure the extension is package and browse to where you want it. You have the option of making a folder so this might be 'Name of lot cc' and you install and it will make that folder in your Download folder and send all the cc to it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I would not delete Clean Installer as it's an invaluable tool not only for installing lots but for sorting cc. With that you can make folders, check for hacks and doubled cc.

When I download a rar file lot, I do extract here on my desktop (I send downloads to my desktop) You will see the file looks like a pale blue folder. Click to open and it will show you the lot file at the top and any cc it contains under that. Select the lot file only and install it. It is set up by default to go where it supposed to.
If there is cc with the lot select those files and not the lot file. When you click install you will have to untick the default, make sure the extension is package and browse to where you want it. You have the option of making a folder so this might be 'Name of lot cc' and you install and it will make that folder in your Download folder and send all the cc to it.

Thanks! You're so helpful and knowledgable.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:28 AM
I like to help but I'm not that knowledgeable; that title goes to Mootilda who is the guru of knowledge around here and the creator of the Clean Installer.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Site Helper
#5 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:32 PM
To be honest, I didn't write the Clean Installer. I just took over development on it when the creator left the community.
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: answered, also pls post in Downloads