Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:44 PM
Default Why can't I disable snapping to grid for wall decorations?
For the life of me I cannot seem to disable snapping to grid for paintings and wall decorations. Yes I've pressed alt, yes i've done the moveObjects cheat, and the testingcheatsenabled true, and disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on.

Holding ALT works for every single objects EXCEPT wall decor. =[

It seems so stupid that this is the only thing that doesnt work!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:54 AM
Granted, I barely use that cheat but I don't think that was ever possible for walls. Was that an option in TS2?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:20 AM
It's because the way objects are set up they can either shift up and down walls or be movable off grid but not both. I believe you can work around it using Granthes OMSP but otherwise you have to choose your adjustability.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 7:27 PM
Someone made a mod for curtains to prevent it from snapping to walls but nobody has made one for wall hangings/lamps/paintings =[. I hate that i cannot center paintings in the middle of a wall or hang it on the chimney etc.

BTW yes in TS2 you can freely hang paintings anywhere, you can have 3 paintings on one wall in whichever place you want
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by labellavienna
Someone made a mod for curtains to prevent it from snapping to walls but nobody has made one for wall hangings/lamps/paintings =[. I hate that i cannot center paintings in the middle of a wall or hang it on the chimney etc.

BTW yes in TS2 you can freely hang paintings anywhere, you can have 3 paintings on one wall in whichever place you want

It has always super, super frustrated me how limited is the placement of wall items in TS3. You can't even place the stuff in OMSPs to allow freer placement!

I was wondering where can I find the mod for the curtains? I remember something about it (It's probably here at MTS, I know, but I just cannot find RN.) No promises, but aside from getting it into my game, I would like to snoop at it to see if what was done to the curtains can also be done with the rest of the wall objects.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by soundtracks
It has always super, super frustrated me how limited is the placement of wall items in TS3. You can't even place the stuff in OMSPs to allow freer placement!

I was wondering where can I find the mod for the curtains? I remember something about it (It's probably here at MTS, I know, but I just cannot find RN.) No promises, but aside from getting it into my game, I would like to snoop at it to see if what was done to the curtains can also be done with the rest of the wall objects.

It is indeed here on MTS and has saved me a lot of headaches! http://modthesims.info/d/412722