Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 5:46 PM
lotfullofsims is from AncientHighway, unlimitedsims is from BoilingOil.

Even using either one of them, sometimes sims will have fertility problems so I either have them continue trying until they succeed or I use simblender right after if the baby chimes don't happen. That seems to break the infertility problem and pregnancies will happen pretty much everytime after that.

It's rare in my game when a sim can't get pregnant (LOVE my sim babies and very large families!) but when it does, that's the way I fix it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 6:21 PM
If you have installed any mods lately (e.g. ACR, Inteen. Ones that effect pregnancy) It may of glitched out, or you messed with the settings and disabled pregnancy for that Sim without realizing (I do things like that all the time! Silly me :D). If you have no mods, i'd install the ones others have mentioned that give bigger families. If that doesn't work, post back. Everyone's happy to help!

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:19 PM
Thanks everyone for the response. It is always useful to learn about new mods. I played sims 2 years ago but without any mods for fear of blowing up my computer. Now that I started experimenting with them, I can no longer play without some of the mods!!!

About the pregnancy problem, I restarted the game, and all the glitches (weird hand problem) seemed to be gone, and after "try for baby" 4-5 times, she is finally pregnant !!!! Hooray.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:21 PM
Btw, I have no idea how you guys can play a family larger than 6!! My sims seem quite "dumb" they don't go sort out their needs automatically, so I always find myself micro managing their basic needs and with 6 in the house, it is really tough !!!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM
Practice. Experience tells. I just rotate among them keeping tabs on their needs and not letting anybody fall below half on the critical ones. Also, community lot visits. Also, adequate bathrooms. Also, don't sweat the small stuff! The occasional disaster keeps things from getting dull.

Some sims are smarter than others. They are all trainable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#31 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:07 PM
Quote:
lotfullofsims is from AncientHighway, unlimitedsims is from BoilingOil.

Yes, correct. I didn't remember anymore.

Quote:
Btw, I have no idea how you guys can play a family larger than 6!! My sims seem quite "dumb" they don't go sort out their needs automatically, so I always find myself micro managing their basic needs and with 6 in the house, it is really tough !!!

Depends on who is in the house how tough it is. If you have two parents and six toddlers and/or babies. Yes, okay, you're in for the tougher stuff, if you don't use tricks and cheats. I once had a family who had four toddlers at the same time. Both parents worked. They and the nanny, who filled in the gap hours when parents both were not there.
When they were at home, they had to take care of the baby- toddler stage fourfold non-stop. No assisting mods, smartmilk or anything were in play. The parents hang in there quite well, regarding the circumstances. I, on the other hand, wished to run for the hills a few times.
But with the blender, it's quite easy to manage a big family.

I also feel some sims are smarter than others. Some sims more quickly pick up on the training I give every sim that is in the beginning stage. At some point, when I think the basic training is over, trying to let hem be more independant (more freewill options, less given tasks), you notice some let go a certain need to a very low point. The other less smarter ones are then waving at me to help them out.
No, you're going to figure it out for yourself this time.
Some stubbornly wave another time, but then have to give in.
And others know where to go to solve the problem directly after training.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 9:24 PM
Toddlers are quite easy if you use a sleep mat and a sippy cup/never ending bottle.

Some people use mods that help with needs, I don't as I don't find sims hard to direct if they need help. Some are definitely smarter than others, some like food more than others. In one challenge I did were certain sims were labeled bad apples you were not allowed to click on them or see there needs or direct them until adult hood and then you could only direct them 8 times per day still not looking at needs. My first gen bad apple was a very smart sim who loved food. She always came when called to a meal and frequently ate two platefuls. She got very fat but I never had to worry about her. I think she only ever had one potty accident her whole life. Now gen two wasn't quite so good as he often did the "I am hungry, I need to pee dance" but he did mostly take care of himself once he reached a desperation point. Since he was grilled cheese he would normally go and make grilled cheese. I think being very neat he always at least took showers. I've also had sims who simply did not turn up for some meals no matter how many times I called them and wondered how they survived.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jimbbq
I have tried many times for baby but they just wont get pregnant anymore? I had previously got two babies! help!

You may have a stuck pregnancy token on your lot and the bat box will fix it for you.

BO's mod will also fix it for you and it runs in the background when you first enter each lot.

No Sim Loaded mod: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55840#msg155840

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Undead Molten Llama
#34 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:18 PM
Ah, big families aren't too tough. I've played commune lots with 30+ Sims of all ages on it. Like Peni said, it's just a matter of experience and setting up a bit of a system for keeping track of everyone. Me, I mostly let them free will; I just cycle through the list occasionally and take care of any motives that are at less than 50%. Mostly, though, they won't let themselves die. At least, not easily. Sure, they might pee on the floor instead of making it to a bathroom, but that's not going to kill them. (And it gives them fun, embarrassing memories, too. )

Not that everyone needs to play huge families, of course. It's just that they can be fun sometimes, when you've played for a while and gotten into a routine and want a challenge.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:46 PM
I wonder if some sims are supposed to be infertile for storytelling purposes.

My computer doesn't like big households; it lags.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 12:34 AM
There is supposed to be some kind of token which makes some sims infertile, like the twin token it is handed out randomly. But I have so many mods affecting pregnancy that I expect it is lost somewhere in my game. In a vanilla game it might have an effect, though.

With the death comment, I know it was a joke, but be careful! I killed a sim through woohoo once in the base game. I didn't realise that it tanks their hunger so much, if they have orange hunger, it's really not safe to woohoo, because they will starve to death.

I find them more stupid with one of the later EPs about feeding themselves, I'm sure they always used to serve or make meals autonomously when they got hungry, but now they seem to just stuff face instead, which hardly gives them any hunger at all, left to it they will starve, especially if they have some kind of hunger-tanking thing like pregnancy or illness.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#37 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Toddlers are quite easy if you use a sleep mat and a sippy cup/never ending bottle.

Yes, of course.
It only is hard if you use none of the 'helpful items', which I did for that particular household. Wasn't ready for mod's or hacks yet.
And then it wás hard. Especially the crying/screaming got on my nerves.

With all I use now (still no smartmilk though) there isn't a problem/challenge to manage a bigger household.
I did two in my previous hood:
- Two parents and seven (some adopted) children in one. (They were 'sort of' Foster Parents.)
- Two parents, plus an adult sister of one of the parents, and five kids in the other. (And they were running a farm on top of it.)
Really liked it to have two bigger families in one hood, but I wouldn't like to have all households like that.
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 2:39 PM
Default Thank you!
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Is anyone on the lot already pregnant? Unless you mod your game to allow bigger households, the game will not allow new pregnancies if existing pregnancies push the household past the population cap of eight sims and two pets. Note that a pet pregnancy factors into this! If you have one pregnant woman and one pregnant pet, if either birth is a multiple, will fill the quota.

Thank you so much! In my version of Pleasantview, Cassandra Goth married Nicholas Barthelet from Takemizu Village (thanks to an introduction via the Matchmaker), and each of them wanted large families. I moved the oldest twins (a male and female) with their fiances into the Goth family home to make it easier to hold a double wedding the whole family would attend. There are currently 7 adults (Mortimer, Cassandra, Nicholas, Falcon and his wife Mirabel Lorre, Flora and her husband Aubrey Baldwin) and 1 teenager (their youngest sister, Stella) living in the household, along with one elderly cat. Falcon and Mirabel are on their honeymoon at Takemizu Village, and surprisingly, I didn't see the "Try for Baby" option. I thought at first that something had gone wrong in Create-a-Sim (where I created Falcon and Flora's perfect matches before moving them all into the same dorm). What a relief to remember that there's a perfect logical explanation for it, and that I haven't accidentally created a sterile Sim!

Well, at least they can enjoy their honeymoon now without Mirabel being tired and hungry all the time. Then they can move into their own house and start a family.
Page 2 of 2