Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:01 PM Last edited by MeisterBabySoul : 7th Nov 2014 at 9:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Installed unofficial game modification?-FIXED
EDIT:I found out what it was,it was a slider limit increaser,Thank you for all the all though <33

I seriously don't know what to put for the title for this oTL
I get this everytime I try to install sims3packs into the launcher and it worked perfectly fine the last time I installed content through the launcher.
I haven't installed any game mods,only custom content like hair,clothes and furniture
When I press continue it says "the sims 3 has stopped working" as if it as crashed but the launcher stays open and nothing happens

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:07 PM
That message pops up when you have a custom script installed that has a version header with a value that differs from your current game version. Sims3Pack files can contain custom scripts too btw, so you'll have to search which one it is.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
I thought it was due to the Hug Pillow's.

It's not because of the hug pillow,I just tried installing something else without trying to install the hug pillow,the same thing came up

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
That message pops up when you have a custom script installed that has a version header with a value that differs from your current game version. Sims3Pack files can contain custom scripts too btw, so you'll have to search which one it is.

it seems to be everything I've tried installing,even items from creators that I was able to install before

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 9:56 PM
What I would do, is use CUSTARD: http://modthesims.info/d/390235 and open up every Sims3Pack file you have, and see what is inside it. It should show you any unwanted attached script mods.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 10:06 PM Last edited by MeisterBabySoul : 6th Nov 2014 at 10:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
What I would do, is use CUSTARD: http://modthesims.info/d/390235 and open up every Sims3Pack file you have, and see what is inside it. It should show you any unwanted attached script mods.

Thank you,I'll try doing that
Edit:I checked all the files I wanted to install,none of them are corrupt ,that message also shows up when trying to uninstall a sims3pack

No Blood No Bone No Ash!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:48 AM
Did any of them have more than one .package file within the Sims3Pack?
#9 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 6:20 AM
MeisterBabySoul, it won't help to check the files you want to install. The script in question is already installed. That's why the message shows up. You should get the same message when you start the game, because under the hood the installer starts the actual game.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:31 PM
@Buzzler, I thought the script package would be found within the Sims3Pack if it was attached? Then when they install it, it gets installed in the game? At least this is what I have found happens to me before.
#11 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 1:37 PM
Well, it might be that the message also pops up when you attempt to install the sims3pack with the script. I have only seen it when the script was already installed, though.

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
Right, okay. @MeisterBabySoul, you might have to completely delete the files in your DCCache and DCBackup under (My) Documents/The Sims 3 and reinstall the Sims3Packs one at a time until you find the one that causes the error. Trial and error is the best way to go sometimes. And delete the files within the folders DCCache and DCBackup, not the folders themselves. Then slowly put one Sims3Pack in, install, and see if it causes the error. Then go to the next file and so on until you can recreate the error.