Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 9:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default How to change the format from .ZIP to .PACKAGE
So, a few hours ago I posted about the majority of my package CC not working.

The only mods working were Nrass mods and a select few package files and I desperately wanted to use skin etc.

So after scratching my head for a while (the files used to work a few years ago when I last used sims 3) I think I know what the problem is but I don't know how to rectify it.

After looking at all the content in my package folder I noticed that the files that worked were .PACKAGE files and the ones that didn't work were .ZIP or 7Z files. (all the files were unzipped when I downloaded them from various sites)

How do I change the format of these files?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Nov 2014 at 10:01 AM
They don't appear to be zipped, I don't have the option to unzip them like I do with other zipped files, and instead of a zipped yellow file icon, they look just like other package files (like a white sheet of paper) they just have a different extension name. That's what I don't understand.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:13 AM
Have you tried using a program to unzip them like the one in the article that Don_Babilon linked? In the other thread it sounded like your problem was fixed, but reading this thread it sounds like it isn't.