Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#51 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 2:35 AM
I have a LOT of phobias. Heights, open spaces, sexual harassment, rape, men, joint immobility, flowers, bees, fire, deep water, crowds, naked bodies, being naked, being touched, hospitals, punishment, sharp objects, failure, soap suds, chickens, bugs, dogs, pigs, most other animals, my own reproductive system, dependency, saliva, disease, inability to communicate, remaining conscious after death, evil statues...and due to having a really bad anxiety disorder, I spend a lot of time in abject terror over absolutely nothing but life itself. Fun stuff.
Advertisement
#52 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 8:26 PM
1 is biggest phobia and last number is least.

1. Gas Masks (http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/empty.jpg)

2. Clowns (http://node1.bbcimg.co.uk/iplayer/i...7hr_640_360.jpg)

3. In the Night Garden (http://www.in-the-night-garden.co.u...ight-garden.gif)

4. Old nurseries (http://www.questforghosts.com/image...am-priory-7.jpg)

5. The sound of a fork scraped on a plate.

6. Clockwork Monsters, Doctor Who, (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033..._fc3e684295.jpg)

7. These... http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/wp-content...r-who-dolls.jpg

8. Spam emails

These are only the worst other than death. Now all of them are proper phobias.
#53 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 8:27 PM
Now, does anyone know how to get over them???
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyandsnuggles2

Look it up, wikipedia has the answer.

I myself would like to get some expert help on my achluophobia, which is the fear of the dark. I like to watch horror movies and thrillers but unfortunately, I tend to imagine crazy stuff after this. I just watched Black Swan and now I can only sleep with the tv on so it's not dark. When I have to use the bathroom, I'm afraid of looking in the mirror (because in scary movies, there's always something happening in the mirror) or I just imagine some ballet dancer's feet coming around the corner which makes my blood run cold. I can't help but imagine crap like this.
The movie The Ring was awful too because that evil girl is coming out of the tv which is supposed to be my anchor against my fear of the dark.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 7:06 AM
Unfortunately my mother passed on her bad anxiety to me, although I'm not as bad as her.

I have strong fears with hearing the telephone ring, seeing blood, harm/pain involving the eyes, fingers and wrists, putting my head under water, when I can't see the bottom of a lake (especially if fish are swimming near me), heights so therefore airplanes, boats, getting my driver's liscence (I'm afraid I'm going to run someone over! ), anything out of the ordinary that I'm not used to, such as hairy spiders with fat legs, birds (Emperor penguins more likely, since they aren't like the seagulls we have here), SQUIDS! D: horses and dolphins.. but really, dolphins are creepy. xD

I also have horrible social anxiety so I get scared if people are looking at me. Whenever I buy something or interact with someone I think of every possible outcome that could happen and how I'd reply to it..

TLDR; I'm screwed up.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 8:00 AM
Default my phobia
I may sound Amish but im not because for me its being photographed i dont like the image not that im ugly its just that it is me caught in time just suspended. is there a name for this???
The other one
#57 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 8:05 AM
It's interesting to hear about all the different phobias, most people I know only seem to have (or admit to having)run-of-the-mill phobias like mine which are pretty common:

1. Spiders. Last summer I stood up from a sun lounger and noticed that I'd just spent the last 5 minutes lying 6 inches from a massive Black Widow....I had night terrors about spiders for 6 weeks after that and couldn't get into bed/use a towel/sit on the sofa etc without checking all around to make sure there was nothing there....I always have to un-make the bed then make it again before I get in it just to make sure
2. Public speaking. I used to work in a place where they would occassionally call on people to do public speaking; talks that would last 10-30 minutes. I tried explaining that I had a phobia but they said that I just needed practice to build my confidence doing it. Even when I pointed out that my fear actually compromised my ability to do that particular task well which would reflect badly on them they still made me do it even though there was other people around that would've been available and willing to do it. I used to feel sick for 2 days before I was due to speak to the point where I once pondered how easy it would be to injure myself in a way that would make me unable to attend the event! Thankfully I'm no longer in that job so I rarely have to worry about that one any more. The only effect it has on my day to day life is that I don't like being loud in public or being the centre of attention.

I would love to find a magic cure for both of mine but especially spiders. We're contemplating a future career opportunity in Austalia and I'm actually considering rejecting it simply because I know there's lots of big ass spiders there, lol.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Instructor
#58 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 1:36 PM
I have Gerontophobia. (Fear of the old and demented)
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 3:19 PM
Arachnophobia. I also hate flies and moths tend to freak me out

Aw, the poor puddy tat! He fall down and go... BOOM!
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Hanging with the Gnomies
#60 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 5:30 PM
scelerophobia
#61 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 6:36 PM
^ What is scelerophobia?^
The other one
#62 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheScribbler
Arachnophobia. I also hate flies and moths tend to freak me out

I have an intense fear of moths and butterflies too but not sure it would be classed as a phobia. Although....when I think about the "incidents" I've had maybe it is, lol. The first one I remember (I was about 13) was waking up in my bed and seeing a butterfly come in through the window. Suddenly I was paralysed with fear and pulled the covers over me while screaming for my mum to come and save me, lol. I literally couldn't pull the covers down until my mum was in the room to make sure the butterfly didn't come near me....pretty pathetic

Do you know what it's called?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 9:50 PM
^ What is scelerophobia?^

Scelerophobia is also known as:

•the fear of bad men
•the fear of burglars

Google is my boyfreind <3
Undead Molten Llama
#64 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 10:37 PM
I have no phobias in the sense of extreme and irrational fears. Everyone has simple fears and things they're not comfortable with, though. Like, I greatly dislike gynecological exams, but I wouldn't call it a "fear," per se. They're just...not fun. Oh, but I do have something weird that I don't like, although I also wouldn't call it a fear. I hate the feel of wooden spoons or any kind of wooden cooking utensil. I refuse to use them. All my cooking utensils have plastic handles. Oh, and I'm not fond of wild rodents, but it's not an irrational thing; where I live, hantavirus is fairly prevalent, so one is wise to avoid mice and such.

On the flip side, I seem to like things that many other people are afraid of. Like spiders and all other "creepy-crawlies." I love snakes. I love heights and especially adore hang-gliding. (Skydiving's fun, too, but I prefer hang-gliding; it lasts longer. ) I also like rock/mountain climbing; that's one of the reasons why I live where I live. The dark does not frighten me. Etc. Maybe I'm wired backwards...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Hanging with the Gnomies
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The Gnome
scelerophobia

The fear of being burglarized. Gnomes tend to get stolen.
Scholar
#66 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 3:19 AM Last edited by pare321 : 21st Feb 2012 at 1:02 AM.
edit:
Fuck mayflies. I ain't scared of you or any other bug.

also, meh on trypophobia. It's creepy but not "scary" anymore.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 3:54 AM
These are two ridiculously long phobia names:
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

Anyways, my three worst phobias:
Hobophobia- Fear of bums or beggars.
Parasitophobia- Fear of parasites.
Phasmophobia- Fear of ghosts.
The Phasmophobia is my worst fear.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
These are two ridiculously long phobia names:
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words.

Anyways, my three worst phobias:
Hobophobia- Fear of bums or beggars.
Parasitophobia- Fear of parasites.
Phasmophobia- Fear of ghosts.
The Phasmophobia is my worst fear.

I love how the fear or long words is a insanly long word!!!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 9:14 AM
I dislike insects with a passion..luckily I rarely see spiders around the house,but when I do,I flip out lol. I also hate snakes,I mean..I have always wanted to touch one to see how they feel..but I am deathly afraid of them. I agree with Lavaster..I absolutely despise ghosts.

Also,like another user brought up,I am TERRIFIED of clowns..for some reason they just piss me off & or scare me to pieces. As a kid I had a few unfortunate experiences with them..

with every breath you take, youre dying.
#70 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:19 PM
Clowns are SO freaky! The way they smile at you...
Alchemist
#71 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 10:27 PM
Spiders and evil clowns

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#72 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:51 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm scared of anything that moves. ANYTHING THAT MOVES.

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:30 AM
Spheksophobia- Fear of wasps. Never been stung, they just look scary. If there is one outside with me I run inside. If there is one inside I hide until my boyfriend kills it or lets it outside....

Oh, and I'm scared of frogs too. It's not too bad though. If one gets inside I trap it under a paper cup.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:26 AM
Hmmm, let's see...

-Ecclesiophobia
-Acrophobia

that's about it
Scholar
#75 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 1:53 AM
Going by the definition (irrational fear) the one I can really think of is moths. They just really scare me even though I know that they're not going to harm me.

I suppose there's also not wanting to undress and/or use the bathroom around anybody else. I don't know if those can actually be considered "phobias", though. They're more just me being very insecure and easily embarrassed.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Page 3 of 13