Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default package cc into a custom house file
I made a few custom houses for a world to shae with my sister. The problem is that after she installed the houses via the launcher, none of the custom content was installed. Is there something you need to do to package the cc w the custom house? Thank you.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:51 PM
Sims3pack CC will be packaged automatically; if you're using .package CC, just send it along with the sims3pack.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Sims3pack CC will be packaged automatically; if you're using .package CC, just send it along with the sims3pack.

I had read somewhere that it did automatically so I thought maybe I did something wrong. This is how I saved the file. When I clicked on the house in edit town, I chose the share option. It said it was successful so I moved the file to a USB drive and put the file on my sisters computer in her downloads file. Then I installed it into her game using the installer. When I put the house in her world it had no cc. Did I do something wrong or miss a step?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:05 PM
That sounds right; the game isn't very reliable, so it's entirely possible that it just didn't package the CC, and there's not much you can do about that. Also remember that Store stuff and pre-order bonuses won't be packaged.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That sounds right; the game isn't very reliable, so it's entirely possible that it just didn't package the CC, and there's not much you can do about that. Also remember that Store stuff and pre-order bonuses won't be packaged.

Ok thank you, no there wasn't any store stuff or pre order bonuses. This was my first time exporting a lot and wasn't sure if maybe I did something wrong. Thank you for your time
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by no.1froggie
Ok thank you, no there wasn't any store stuff or pre order bonuses. This was my first time exporting a lot and wasn't sure if maybe I did something wrong. Thank you for your time

Ok, I understand the possibility of something not working the way its supposed to once in a while but I realized, I did 3 houses and put them on my sisters game and none of the 3 houses had any custom content. To me that seems a little more than just a glitch, I think I did something wrong. Do I have to actually upload these houses to the internet & have her actually download them?
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Nov 2014 at 7:46 AM
You are not doing anything wrong. This isn't a glitch. Most custom content does not package with a house. There is no way to force custom content to package with the lot. Your sister needs to install the custom content seperately, either by downloading it from the same place that you downloaded it from, or you can copy it from your pc to her pc. When she has all the CC and the house installed, it should show up on the lot