Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Seasons
Custom Content missing
So I haven't played in maybe a year. I'm hoping someone sees this because I'm lost. I took all my old mods and brought them to my new PC (Windows ten hp) Set it all up and...nothing. Okay. No biggie. I uninstalled everything and started over. New mod folder, new patches. Okay. Should work? Nope. Nothing. I tried Sims flies, packages...everything. I got my downloads to work but that's it. Like a lot. All the help I found was for Sims 4. I don't have anything saved to my One Drive. I save it all on an external hard drive in my D: port. (My lappy has terrible memory and storage) Any ideas? Please?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 1:11 PM
Maybe You should try re downloading the resource.cfg file. That may be your problem... The only other sounds like you might have to re download the latest version of all your mods... If that doesn't help there are greater minds then mine here that would happy to help!
Site Helper
#3 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:40 PM
To be in the game, the package files need to be in the Mods/Packages folder inside the Sims 3 folder in Documents (which is the default place that the game looks for the User Files, although the fact that One Drive also has a Documents folder has been known to confuse the game. ) and the Mods folder needs to have a correct Resource.cfg file in it. And the game needs to be looking in the right place. If you have not moved your entire Documents folder to your D drive, it's probably made a folder in Documents to put your Downloads in, while you are using the folder you made on your D drive for the other things.

You can determine if your game is looking in the right place by finding your DeviceConfig.log for Sims 3 and seeing if the "Date Modified" matches the last time you ran the game. if it doesn't match, make a new save with a really odd name, then search your computer for a folder with that name.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
To be in the game, the package files need to be in the Mods/Packages folder inside the Sims 3 folder in Documents (which is the default place that the game looks for the User Files, although the fact that One Drive also has a Documents folder has been known to confuse the game. ) and the Mods folder needs to have a correct Resource.cfg file in it. And the game needs to be looking in the right place. If you have not moved your entire Documents folder to your D drive, it's probably made a folder in Documents to put your Downloads in, while you are using the folder you made on your D drive for the other things.

You can determine if your game is looking in the right place by finding your DeviceConfig.log for Sims 3 and seeing if the "Date Modified" matches the last time you ran the game. if it doesn't match, make a new save with a really odd name, then search your computer for a folder with that name.

Alright I moved it. I'll be giving that a try, thank you