Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:31 PM Last edited by MusicalPlatypus : 28th Jun 2013 at 2:32 PM. Reason: spelling

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Seasons
Default My downloaded sims won't install!
So I download a sim from this site and click it to install it. I select "bodyshop Installer" and the program to use. So the little loading sign comes up by my mouse but then disappears and nothing happens. The sims aren't in my game, either. Did I do something wrong?
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 1:40 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content.

Downloading for Fracking Idiots explains the entire downloading process from start to finish in language designed for people who aren't computer geniuses. Please go through the whole guide before asking any further questions on downloading and installing custom content as pretty much everything you could possibly want to know is explained there - including info for Mac and Vista users.

Getting Custom Content to Show Up explains what to do if you've followed all the instructions in Downloading for Fracking Idiots and your content still isn't showing up, or if content that was showing up fine before suddenly won't show up.

First, are you using Clean Installer or the EA Installer? Second, when you install sims you'll find them in CAS or BodyShop. They are templates,
not fully playable sims. Third, if you've checked CAS and they aren't appearing, double check a University neighborhood CAS. The sim could be a Young Adult, which will only show up in a UNI neighborhood or in BodyShop under the YA category.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MusicalPlatypus
So I download a sim from this site and click it to install it. I select "bodyshop Installer" and the program to use. So the little loading sign comes up by my mouse but then disappears and nothing happens. The sims aren't in my game, either. Did I do something wrong?

This is usually a problem from torrent-ed Sims games. Body Shop doesn't really install correctly for some reason.

Any machinima support or tips sent to me will be VERY much appreciated!
I love the MTS Community!