Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Stuck on 99% loading screen?
I'm not quite sure what happened.
So let me try to explain this the best i can.

1. I open my game using the origin launcher, and all seems to work fine
2. The maxis loading screen also works fine
3. I select a world, or press create new world
4. The screen loads fine until 99% , where it freezes and refuses to load the game

This is where i need help.

My game is patched at the latest version.

I have quite a lot of custom content, which may be the issue, but from what i can see it's all up to date, i deleted it before updating, and then redownloaded it, so i'm not quite sure what's happened.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:22 PM
This is merely just a guess, but the few times I have had this issue myself it has been due to me downloading a Sims 2 package by mistake and placing it in my Mods folder. I am not saying this is the case, but you can debunk that with this tool http://modthesims.info/d/387006 and it will scan if you have any conflicting packages in there.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:34 PM
I'll check that out, if it's not that ill come back
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:42 PM
It always takes ages for me, and at the same spot..but for me it is clearly = too much CC for my lame machine. Oh it does end up loading and plays fine...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:51 PM
@NikolettaSophia Please do so even if it works, it would be nice to know if someone else finds your thread and this was what was causing it :-)

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:52 PM
The problem was conflicting CC
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:56 PM
Goodie I am glad the issue is resolved. And happy simming!

Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It always is. Always try a clean game if something like this happens again.

While I completely agree with you and that this should be the first thing to do, I wonder that if she took out her mods folder - and then loaded the game and it worked, wouldn't she still have to go through her CC anyway to find the bad piece of CC causing this issue?

Knowing that it is caused by bad CC is one thing, but isn't the real troubleshooting when you have to find out what specific piece of CC that is causing the 'stuck in loading screen'? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 1:03 AM
Have you tried Kuree's Savegame Cleaner?

Yes, I clean my save(s) with it before every game play, or after..if I am not too sleepy.
A vanilla game for me, loads quick, and no lag at 99%.
This only starts happening when I reach a certain amount of CC, be it .packages in the Mods folder, or installing Sims3.pack. Whatever the CC extension...if I have a lot, it does this.
I have no conflicting mods, and even though I am not patched to 1.67, every mods I have is made for my patch level.
This is the price to pay for not having a real amazing gaming computer.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:30 AM
Oh no, you're correct. Doing a clean run is simply for verification. After verifying it, you have to debug it. But, there are a lot of other factors in the user folder that causes problems and even mods would leave scripts in the cache or hardcoded into a savegame at times. So sometimes removing mod/cc folders wouldn't resolve the issue even if it is mod/cc related.

I've read a lot of people with minor user folder problems such as mods that actually reinstalled their games 1-2 times before posting for help here. I'm glad this person didn't waste hours doing that.

I agree Thank you for the clarification, I find it quite useful.

Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Yes, I clean my save(s) with it before every game play, or after..if I am not too sleepy.
A vanilla game for me, loads quick, and no lag at 99%.
This only starts happening when I reach a certain amount of CC, be it .packages in the Mods folder, or installing Sims3.pack. Whatever the CC extension...if I have a lot, it does this.
I have no conflicting mods, and even though I am not patched to 1.67, every mods I have is made for my patch level.
This is the price to pay for not having a real amazing gaming computer.

Have you tried merging your packages if you have a lot of them? That way most games load quite faster as the game reach each "package" so if you have 10 merged packages instead of 100 individual packages, you should feel a difference My loading is unbearable without it I play a medieval themed game, so the CC gets quite heavy on my poor laptop :P

Scholar
#13 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 7:46 AM
I have this problem a few times and can say only one thing - this is cause of mods, which isn't updated to your current game version. If your game version e.x. 1.67 but you use mod who is made for e.x. 1.55 (and isn't officially comfirmed that it runs good with latest patch), the game stuck and won't load up. Try to search outdated mods in your mod folder.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
I have this problem a few times and can say only one thing - this is cause of mods, which isn't updated to your current game version. If your game version e.x. 1.67 but you use mod who is made for e.x. 1.55 (and isn't officially comfirmed that it runs good with latest patch), the game stuck and won't load up. Try to search outdated mods in your mod folder.

Hi Nemiga, I actually didn't know that an outdated mod could also cause this But the Original Poster already solved her issue, it was a conflicting package that caused it not to load :-)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili
Have you tried merging your packages if you have a lot of them? That way most games load quite faster as the game reach each "package" so if you have 10 merged packages instead of 100 individual packages, you should feel a difference My loading is unbearable without it I play a medieval themed game, so the CC gets quite heavy on my poor laptop :P

how do you merge packages? I think that would be quite useful to me
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NikolettaSophia
how do you merge packages? I think that would be quite useful to me

Hi Nikoletta Personally I use S3PE to merge packages, but some use other tools to do that. I believe CCmagic should be easy but I haven't tried with that. I used this tutorial here http://club-crimsyn.dreamwidth.org/28336.html and both lagging and load time is at least 60% better in my game than before. But it depends on how much cc you play with.

But as a rule, I never merge any of the following package files: Mods, already merged files, skin or default replacements.

I hope this helped you Otherwise feel free to send me a message.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 7th Jul 2015 at 10:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gaxili

Yes! I merge together a few things.
My 13 NRAas mods are together, clothing is together, mods are together, cars all together also.
I do it by category, adding packages to the merged ones once i test and see it works good.
But yeah...you'd see my computer specs, you'd understand....it won't get better than this.

There are certain mods that I cannot merged. If I do, they stop working. So, I have no choice to keep my 21 skintones packages (including default ones) unmerged.
Same for sliders, which I suspect do not work as well once merged, and I have 32 of them. Default replacement in general, apparently aren't supposed to be merged I read somewhere...and I have 2, eyes for sims, and eyes for pets.
So! in my package folder, I have 18 loose packages, and 3 subfolders : Skintones,Sliders and Default.
A total of 73 package files...this seems like the best merging I can do without breaking anything.

I just noticed that the OP is set on interactive loading screen too. I just began to use this and found it very fun. Alas, this is another thing that makes my loading time longer. So..I disabled it.