Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 4:41 PM Last edited by GreenCats : 11th Jan 2015 at 10:57 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Grandma's Canning Station jams missing descriptions and causing problems
I am having problems with the jams, preserves, and condiments that can be made using Grandma's Canning Station from the store, as is everyone I have asked about this. Here is a description of the problems:

- The jams/preserves/pickles (etc.) lose their description when stored on a lot that is placed from the library. The same thing happens if they are in the inventory of a sim that is placed from the library or from the temporary sidebar used to relocate families via edit town, or when they are taken on vacation using the WA travel system. This seems to happen every time without exception, and with no obvious possible workaround.

- The broken jams (etc.) appear correctly when placed in the world, except that no name, description, or price can be viewed for them. In inventories, they appear as totally empty inventory slots, and they cannot be stacked.

- The issue has been tested in mod-free games (including games that have always been mod-free) and still occurs.

- The jam has no price displayed, but when I sell it my household is credited 70 simoleons (regardless of what the price was before the description disappeared).

- Three users have reported that while the bugged jam was in their sims' inventories, they could not interact with one another socially. The social menus started working normally again once they deleted the jams. I have not been able to replicate this in my own game, but surely this alone is a sign that something bad is going on.

I'd really appreciate some insight into what causes all this, whether they can be fixed, and whether they might cause further issues (as for the users who reported bugged social interactions). Is it even safe to play saves that have these jams somewhere in them? Could they cause game corruption?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 11:26 PM
I was hoping for a reply too, GC. hugs
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:06 AM
Hi GreenCats ... Are these all your problems? It appears you are reporting issues for a few simmers and it's going to be hard to diagnose or make suggestions not knowing the systems everyone has their game installed, Mods being used, as well as other relevant information for each individual issue.
In the case of the testing in a mod free game: have you tried using a different lot or world? Perhaps the install has become corrupt. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
If you do use mods do you have NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch installed? Are you patched and at what level?
Again, there are so many variables that cause these problem's it's kind of difficult to nail it down without more detail.
Hopefully someone else in here who has had the same issue will come along and offer up some suggestions
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 10:13 AM
Yes, it's an old post, but I'm going to add some links because I came across them before I looked at the OP date. I really hate to waste a copy/paste, so here it is.

G.C.'s post on the official TS3 forum:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...our-experiences

Nona's blog about DCBackup, ccmerged and Premium Content Items:
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...-content-items/
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 7:58 PM
I'm not sure, but this sounds similar to what happens to photos when a sim or household is saved to the bin. The info for these photos are stored in a specific file in your save (can't remember where), but if you export a sim or household the connection to that file doesn't exist anymore. That data doesn't transfer with the sim/household. It might be similar with the Canning Station. Just a thought.
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 3:01 PM
In my own game, just playing, a sim makes a jar of jam/preserves. It appears in their inventory with no info about it and ...this is a memory that may be off... I think invisible. The jars are pretty on display, both in my own creations on my computer and from others uploads e.g. GreenCats. My CCmerged is healthy and works on every other premium item, so I think this requires a mod to fix, depending of course of the interests of the modders and what the coding in game looks like (is it there and unused or just not there). Everyone I've asked has the same issue so I am thinking what system one is using is not relevant here. I know that posts re Sims 3 have reduced in quantity signifigantly, but it still has a healthy following.
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 10:00 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm currently working on a fix for this problem. I've managed to make the jams/preserves survive export to the Library in my game and am looking for testers. If anyone is interested, I've uploaded a beta of the fix here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=567717

(Moderators: I hope it's OK to cross-post this here as the link is directly related to the problem described. If not, please delete this post.)