Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Seasons
Default extreme lag associated with scrap pile
My inventor sim had accumulated scrap with no problem, the workbench contained about 1200 units, mostly picked up in piles of fifty or less. One evening they detonated a car (in someone's carport) which resulted in four piles of over 800 units each. When directed to pick up one pile, they bent over to get it and the game froze ..at least so I thought. It was more like the game had paused; the cursor would change depending on where I moved it, I could hover it over the control panel and get the normal popups, access the menu, scroll the map, etc., but all action on the screen had stopped. So I waited. And waited. And waited. After ten minutes i decided the game had locked up some way, so I quit and reloaded. (The save was just a minute before detonating the car; I had been earlier chastised by the game for detonating something on a public lot so was leery of blowing up private property of another sim.) I detonated the car again, and again had four piles of scrap, this time just under 800 units each. Directing my sim to pick up one brought the same result as before - the game apparently paused. Again I waited, after about ten minutes the game started running again. Curious what my sim now had in inventory, i clicked that tab ...and the game seemed paused again. After about five minutes the inventory opened and there was the pile of scrap. Not wanting to endure another wait I sent the sim home rather than collect the rest of the scrap piles. Another five minute wait to open the inventory, and another couple of minutes to drag that scrap pile to the workbench (move part way, pause, move part way, pause). Now, whenever I click the workbench there is that onerous five to six minute wait for the menu to open, after which things run normally ..til I click the bench again.

My first thought was perhaps this much scrap in one pile was a glitch, causing the horrid lag; but I read you could get 100,000 units of scrap from detonating a car so i guess four piles of 800 isn't unusual. So, what is the problem here? And is there a simple cure? (My thought is to sell the workbench, save, exit, delete the cache files, restart, buy a new workbench, then cheat to reimburse the sim for the cost plus enough to replace the scrap.)