Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 6:41 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Documents for downloads stored in Wrong Disk Drive
the problem i am having is that on my computer i have two seperate disk drives. C:// and D://. C:// provides 100 GB of disk space where D:// provides 900 GB of disk space. The problem i am having is that on my Sims 3 launcher when installing custom content and Store packs it stores it in my Documents... which is on the C:// drive and since i have alot of Custom Content and Store packs to install the C:// drive runs out VERY quickly. and so i wanted to know how to make it store all my data for Store packages, downloads and stuff into my D:// drive as it has Tons of space.

I'd really appreciate anyones help.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:43 PM
Unfortunately sims games always save their data in your Documents folder, so the only way to move the data is to change the location of your entire Documents folder. You can find instructions very easily by googling - let us know if you have any questions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 12:06 AM
Huh, interesting. I know junction links don't work for TS2, it's good to hear that they do work for TS3. Any idea about TS4?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.