Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:51 PM
Default The fall of a research vessel or back to the Middle Ages
This is actually a story to sims 2, but as it has no pictures or something and also could be a story without Sims I'm posting it here. It is kind of a background story of my medieval neighborhood: A research vessel of a technical very advanced civilisation crashes in an inaccessible valley and the crew somhow falls back to medieval behavior. The idea is, that years afterwards somebody finds the old logbook of the captain and tries to restorate it. So this whole thing is incomplete and the texts in square brackets are comments by the finder of the book. Ah, and this civilisation wasn't very... nice, so if you read something about a "test object" it means a person. Oh, and english is not my mother tongue (if somebody hasn't already noticed), so I translated this story from the original german text. I've probably made loads of spelling and grammar mistakes, so if you find something really disturbing please feel free to comment. I'll correct it after...uhm some time, as I'm not sooo much at this forum anymore... (Oh, and constructive criticism is always welcome, too). But now enough blabla, have fun with the story!

Siderealtime 3'55789.87; logbook captain Serevnow: The whole thing starts pretty good and the preparations are almost finished without any serious problems. Some of the test objects (note: observe object 773!) caused trouble, of course, but isn't it always that way? If everything keeps working out this fine, we will even start a week earlier than planned. [A long listing of numbers and incomprehensible names is following, then a lot of pages are missing]

… don't know what he is thinking, letting it walk around freely. It may assert to have given up all its resistance, but, as a fact, I've dealt with too many of this non-willing Objects to believe in kind of these things. This young scientists get more and more careless, I'm going to submit an official complain to the a... [the rest of the page is smudged and there are again some pages missing. It seems as if they had been ripped out. The rest of the book also got wet, the pages are repeatedly smudged and not readable.]

...ill trouble with the barriers of pa[...]ea, I'm worried about the whole situation. Some of the objects get nervy, 773 is now sedated for the seventh time already. The elysion-experiment in laboratory 37 seems to have some weird side effects, this adds to this unwholesome situation. Dr. Erichson thinks maybe the beta[...]be we should stop the experiments, I will... [a very long unreadable passage is following, at some places the pages seem to be covered in mud]

...mpudence! Called me a coward! These council members don't have any clue what happens at a research vessel! I know of course th[...] reason to terminate the experiments. According to their plans we have to try it for 3 more months, always in the hope that everything gets back to normal. I doubt that, especially after the third damage of our engines this morning. It almost seems as if somebody would sabotage...

Siderealtime 3'55[...]sposed the material, it's just unbelieveable how some... [again some pages are completely unreadable and I think there was an animal very hungry... or maybe the paper tasted good to it, am I able to know?]

...vel 12! Object 773 escaped its cell and runs around freely for four hours know and all our attempts to capture it were completely unlucky. Maybe it had an helper, I'm suspicious about [...]67. I always knew it wasn't a good idea to let a non-willing wander around. State of emergency was called out and I can only pra[...]st case happened, 773 got itself somehow locked into the engine room and wrecks everything. At the moment we try everything to get it out as soon as possible and use the lase... [here everything is smudged, pages are missing again and the author seems also to have changed his ink – or whatever he uses to write]

...ven less than an half of us are living, plenty are injured. Most of the test objects are missing or dead, we can just hope that the living ones won't add to the chaos. Our calls for mayday were not answered and now the last radio device is broken – our attempts to repair it are as far as this completely fruitless. The engine radiates definitively, the after-effects are not predictable. Plus, Pr. Arlethan reckons, the trial chemicals got into the water or spread in another way. If that's the case we all are l... [the following is unreadable again, like the next pages]

...utations progress rapidly. Yesterday Mel gave birth to a child with three heads, it didn't even live for five minutes, the poor thing. I observe the alteration at me, too. My skin gets harder and harder and I'm loosing my hair – well, I shouldn't complain, as far as now I didn't find any blo[...]aired, with glowing eyes and enormous teeths! It could be mutated wolfs, as most of us surmise. Daveth fears it could also be objects of project 73812, I'm suspecting that, too. However, we are going to build fortifications with more guards, and if only because supplies, and, even worse, weapons had vanished again. Probably the group with apostates and lost test objects helped themselves. We really shou... [again a big unreadable passage is following, some pages are smeared with blood. The following entries are completely written in an other writing]

…eader. I don't know how I deserved that. Captain Serevnows idea was pretty good, I'll go along with it, I think he would like that. At first I thought to teach everybody in architecture was quite silly, but by now I have to admit: It is definitely an advantage to be able to build solid houses. Our efforts regarding farming went so far well, too. Only mutations and diseases continue to cause great losses, we are just not able to find a solution for this problems. Dr. Prim wanted to use the fie[...]nerator in his experiments, in my opinion that's absolutely insane! Without proper cooling this thing can explode at any time! The dis... [and again a big smudged section follows]

...ot stocks, we didn't expect this sudden onset of winter. According to my calculation they could be enough, assuming the winter lasts here as long as in our real... [a lot of mudcovered pages are following, they're ripped or torn at several places. Some even seem burnt, I wonder why it didn't affect the whole book]

...ot foreseeable what is going to happen after this explosion. Plenty of us died and I'm not able to tell, if anybody survives the after-effects. I can feel how I get weaker, I fear the total organ dysfunction is near. By god, I just hope my heart fails at first, I don't want to end up like poor Peter.
Some appear to cope well, but at the same time they are loosing more and more their memories. The elementary knowledge such as language and also farming remains. Everything else, such like personal memories or especially everything about the blue technology, gets lost faster and faster. Nothing we tried to stop this worked, and the affected are reacting increasingly aggressive to our attempts. Sometimes they don't even recognise us anymore. The mutations, interestingly, do not seem to affect them any further, actually they seem to have stopped. For this reason, I hope they will survive this disaster. It's kind of an odd coincidence, such an odd one that I almost wonder, if all this was wanted by someone. Are we maybe just a part of a bigger exp... [at this place a passage seems to be cut out – who the hell does things like that? Does he need a hobby or what? The last passage is again in another writing. The ink has also changed, the author used now the ink known by us – this very weird paper remains]

...n't know what this man wanted to say, it's gibberish. Well, I'm going to use this good paper for myself. I'm going to move on with my beloved wife tomorrow, I've happened to find a very promising piece of land. The nobles are still debating who is going to be our new king. The voices muttering things about „manipulation“ get lower. I don't know what they think, who should manipulate us? The old records lead the way. However, I'm wasting paper. It's probably because of this damn place, this... thing makes me feel very nervous. I wonder what this wreckage was, it almost reminds of a ship, although a ship in this dimensions cannot exist. The hole population of Sommerthal would have space in there! And, to all things, it seems just as if it would have fallen out of heaven (how ridiculous, I wouldn't even write this down if my wife wouldn't insist). I'll be happy to get away of this cursed thing, now I know why only riffraff lives out here, any decent person doesn't want to live next to a thing like this. [the remaining pages are lost]