Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 12:20 PM
I don't think I've ever done a morph for expansion pack stuff, and while it should work the same way, you never know. For example, I found recently that the store items appear to use the morph meshes instead of a BGEO. Possibly it's a vertex numbering issue, or just an incorrect link in the many steps that have to be right in order for morphing to work. Could you upload one of your problem packages for me to look at, with the CASP, the bblend, the BGEO, and the pregnant morph meshes?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:39 PM
OK, I think this should be everything you asked for: the original mesh is afBodyPatioDressSweater from Outdoor Living Stuff.

It occurs to me now that the only expansion pack items I have had any luck with have been from World Adventures. None of the others I've tried (Town Life, High End Loft, Late Night or Outdoor Living) have worked. And only about half of the ones from World Adventures. One of the ones from WA that worked OK was afBodyEGPGellabiya and another was afTopFRNJacketScarf. But afBodyFRNFashion1 didn't work (I've attached the files for that one as well, in case it's any help.)

I really cannot thank you enough for using up some of your free time to take a look at this. All of you who volunteer to help people learn to get more fun out of the game are so generous!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Files for afBodyPatioDressSweater.rar (43.7 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Files for afBodyFRNFashion1.rar (40.9 KB, 20 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#53 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 8:01 PM
Both files are missing the meshes and a few other files.

Are these made with CTU?
If so im guessing you tried to update the meshes more then one time with CTU?
If you create a package with CTU you can attache the lods only one time, updating the lods(after edits in Milkshape) is done with Postal or S3PE
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#54 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:41 AM
Hi, Bloom. For a simple added morph a BGEO linked from the CASP is all he needs. The CASP links back to the original meshes, like a recolor.

Sionelle, I think I see the problem and this may need a revision of MorphMaker to handle expansion pack stuff. If you look at the link in the CASP for the PatioDress (number 0x12 in the TGI) the group is 0x30000000. The bblend (BBLN) that MorphMaker added to the package has group 0x00000000. That number (30 for the PatioDress, 18 for the Fashion dress) in the first byte of the group is the expansion/stuff pack ID. Did you use MorphMaker to add the morph to the package? If so there's a flaw in my code since it's apparently putting one group ID in the CASP TGI and using a different one for the actual file.

The easiest way to fix it for now is to open the package with s3pe, double-click the BBLN file, and change the group ID to match the link in the CASP. (Do NOT change the BGEO group ID unless you also change the link in the BBLN - not worth the effort.) I made that change to both packages and uploaded them for you so you have an example. I only tested the Fashion package since the Patio one (I think) is from a stuff pack I don't have.

Thanks for pointing out this problem for me!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  sionelle_afpreg.zip (8.9 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 6:30 AM
Hooray! It works! I changed the BBLN as suggested in the patio dress, and the morph showed up as it was supposed to. Whew! That resolves a TON of frustration. And now I know how group numbers relate to EPs. Thank you so much!

I did use your (absolutely awesome) MorphMaker program to prepare the packages, so you may be right that it's not handling the EP group numbers correctly. If my blindly flailing around has helped you at all, I'm glad I was able to "give something back."

Thanks again! And thanks also to BloomsBase for trying to help. It cannot be said enough: Y'all are fantastic.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#56 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:01 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 23rd Aug 2011 at 1:22 PM.
Glad it works, and glad to help! And sorry my program caused the frustration in the first place. I'll be uploading an updated version of MorphMaker in the next couple of days.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Sep 2011 at 10:08 PM
Default Clothing meshing for dummies
I have a question: If it's possible to make pregnant morph bodies for males, why wouldn't it be possible to make one for an elder female?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 12:41 AM
No reason at all, as far as I know. Give it a try! Keep in mind you'll need a mod to make an elder female pregnant - probably the MasterController Pollinate function would be easiest.
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
No reason at all, as far as I know. Give it a try! Keep in mind you'll need a mod to make an elder female pregnant - probably the MasterController Pollinate function would be easiest.

I've never done anything like this before. I'm kinda leery about trying it for fear I might mess up my game. I guess I was looking for someone who might be willing to try it for me. I would be eternally grateful if I could find someone who could.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 19th Sep 2011 at 12:51 PM
First, these forums are not for requests so don't get yourself in trouble.

Second, making a pregnant mesh using this tutorial is not going to mess up your game. You might mess up the mesh and see it 'explode' (get large spikes) but that won't affect your game. If you make a mistake, just exit the game (don't save if you don't want your sim wearing the outfit for the rest of the pregnancy), delete your cache files, and try again.
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 6:19 PM
First, thanks for making the tutorials here! I followed your first tutorial fine, and the longer male top worked well in-game. However, I'm now on the adding a pregnancy morph tutorial and I seem to have done something extremly wrong, however I'm not sure how!

As you can see, I seem to have got a males body mixed in somewhere, which is also affecting the original dress and the version I downloaded by you ages ago. My version only shows the top half of the dress in the thumbnail, but they all now show as the sim is demonstrating.

First I thought I had selected the wrong setting in the morph maker application and redid it, but it appears the same as before. Any help you can give me on how to fix this would be much appreciated!

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 1:24 PM
It looks like you have a male top mesh in there as a female body mesh somehow. Possibly it's a mixup in the TGI assignments. Could you upload your package here so I can take a look?
Test Subject
#63 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for your time and help. I wasn't too sure which file to upload, so here is both the one after the CTU stage and the completed one after using the Morph maker tool
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Preg morph tutorial.zip (178.8 KB, 28 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 10:24 PM
You have what appears to be the male t-shirt mesh from the first tutorial in the package, which explains the male shape and invisible bottom. For the maternity morph you should not have imported any mesh into CTU since the base mesh is not changed - in CTU you should have just selected the dress, enabled it for maternity, set up patterns, and saved a new package. Then you should have used MorphMaker to add the BGEO you had created from the morph mesh you also created. It looks to me like you either imported the male t-shirt like in the first tutorial or maybe used the same package you created in the first tutorial. Maybe start again from scratch in CTU and make your new package without importing any meshes, then add the BGEO?
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 11:42 PM
Thank you so much! Yeah I must have just continued on in the CTU instead of starting a new project. I tried it again and it now works perfectly. Thank you!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:44 PM
You're very welcome - glad it worked!
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:06 AM
this is super awesome, love the simple explanations and detail involved in this tut. thanks a bunch!
Test Subject
#68 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:28 PM
I loved this tutorial! I've been trying to get into meshing clothes in the last days and it hasn't been easy... I was looking to make a designer dress, but I don't know how to do it... I wanted to make the pattern of the dress the same as the designer's, like all about style designer dresses. I already did the mesh (I think lol) but I just don't know how to do that :/
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 8:57 PM
Sounds like you need some help with making a custom pattern: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ttern_Tutorials
Test Subject
#70 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 4:17 AM
@CmarNYC
I found your tutorial very useful :D, but where can I find this two tutorials?

3. Adding vertices and faces to a mesh (bones, vertex renumbering, morphs)
4. Adding a new part to a mesh (more on faces, UV mapping)

Thanks before~!
Test Subject
#71 Old 31st May 2012 at 3:14 AM
Default Heh?
I am aware that I am VERY late (haha) but I'm trying this and have run across something odd. My computer refuses to download the mesh from CTU. It always displays a message saying:

"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you Click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index."

When I click Continue, it does it again...
Is there another (free) tool that does the same thing as CTU? I am beyond confused, but I REALLY want to learn!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#72 Old 31st May 2012 at 6:37 PM
@aoimagi: Sorry I didn't see your post until now! I haven't written those tutorials yet, and yes I'm being extremely slow.

@lasorope: What are you trying to do when you get that message? Extract the meshes? Unfortunately I can't help you if there's a problem with CTU, but I suggest you try asking for help in the Create / Sims 3 / Modding Discussion forum. Meanwhile you can use S3OC instead:

Download from http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=20.0 (Look for the links at the top under the 'S3OC' header and click either 'Latest Public Release' or 'Latest Test Version' depending on how brave you are.)

Install and run s3oc. In the Cloning menu click '(experimental) CAS Part'. It'll take a few seconds to load up.

Find the item you want to work with and highlight it. (All items start with an age/gender-species classification: a = adult, y = young adult, t = teen, c = child, e = elder, p = toddler, b = baby; m = male, f = female, u = unisex, h = horse, c = cat, d = dog, l = little dog. Examples: am = adult male human, af = adult female human, cf = female child, pu = unisex toddler, ah = adult horse, cc = child cat, etc. Remember that young adults use adult clothing so you won't see any yf or ym clothing. Also, all tattoos and a few accessories and makeups start with uu - universal unisex.) When you highlight an item you should see a thumbnail in the right side of the screen helping you identify it.)

Click the 'Clone or Fix' button at the bottom of the right side. If following the tutorial, leave the 'Renumber/Rename Internally' checkbox checked. S3OC will create a new package for you. Close s3oc.

Now open the package with s3pe. (http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu....php?board=19.0) If you're using S3PE for the first time, look in the bottom section for Display: and make sure both Names and Tags are checked. You should find at least 3 GEOM files in the list of resources, labeled with the CAS item name and the LOD. Right-click each one and click Export / To file...

Those are the meshes. You can pick up the tutorial now at the parts on modifying the mesh. When that's done you can open the package again with s3pe, right-click each GEOM, click Replace and select your new modified .simgeom to load it in the package. Then you can try opening the package with CTU and going to the Designs tab to set up the presets. Unfortunately I don't know of anything besides CTU that's good for previewing and presets for a package although that's on my looong and slow-moving list of software projects.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 10:09 PM
First Off, I want to say thank you to cmar for doing this wonderful, beginner-friendly tutorial. Unfortunately, though I've followed the second portion of the tutorial (adding a pregnant morph) to a tee, I've run into a bit of a problem. Over the past two or three days, I've been making pregnant morphs for some male clothing from Showtime, Generations, Pets, etc. but only Tops - no bottoms as of yet. Anyway, as I said before, I've followed the tutorial to a tee. However, once in the game, my male sim doesn't have a "baby bump" throughout his pregnancy. The only thing that changes is that his forearms get bigger, and the top (shirt) stretches horizontally. What could I be doing wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm at the end of my rope!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#74 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady Aran
First Off, I want to say thank you to cmar for doing this wonderful, beginner-friendly tutorial. Unfortunately, though I've followed the second portion of the tutorial (adding a pregnant morph) to a tee, I've run into a bit of a problem. Over the past two or three days, I've been making pregnant morphs for some male clothing from Showtime, Generations, Pets, etc. but only Tops - no bottoms as of yet. Anyway, as I said before, I've followed the tutorial to a tee. However, once in the game, my male sim doesn't have a "baby bump" throughout his pregnancy. The only thing that changes is that his forearms get bigger, and the top (shirt) stretches horizontally. What could I be doing wrong? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm at the end of my rope!

Could you upload one of your packages so I can take a look?
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 9:45 PM
Absolutely. Forgive me, but I'm still very new to uploading. Anyway, here are the packages I've done as of now; they are all marked "MMaternity" and any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Also, I've done bottoms as well, but did not do any LODs for them, just used CTU to flag them as Valid For Random and Valid For Maternity and S3PE (to avoid making them default replacements) Do you recommend I do the LODs for the bottoms as well?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lady Aran_MaleMaternity.zip (21.1 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Page 3 of 5