Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:13 PM
Wow, this seems like fun! Can't wait to start. Zombies r cool!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:41 PM
This seems really neat, I only wish there were actual zombies in the sims 3. All though I have made a WCIF thread for a mod that makes mummies into zombies(which there are none I'm assuming since I only had one reply)

That being said the person who replied to my threat gave me some links to zombie looks skins etc, I was thinking of making a town and using the Master Control to make the people in town mummies and use "edit in CAS" to make them look like zombie. That way they would kind of walk all zombish.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:47 PM
thats a pretty nifty idea. i moved the family i made to start this challenge to a town i downloaded, but i bought them a prefab cabin, mostly cause i'm tired of placing a house in a neighborhood and ea filling it for me before i get the chance to do anything with it... i just wanted to try the house for a minute, honest...

i may move them out of it as part of their story line. the town has a science lab, grocery store, a city hall, i think i placed a fire station instead of a police station, but i still have room. the biggest thing i can remember that i remembered to NOT place was any schools. my kids get to be un cultured un educated heathens.

how on bobs green earth do you get them good grow up traits without school? i always get the "due to their indifferent study habbits" crap, even if i've been skill building like mad
Test Subject
#79 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:50 PM
This definately sounds like a ton of fun. I'm doing this tomorrow for sure! I only have two questions first:

-If I can only have two electrical appliances, can I just light my whole house and count it as one appliance?

-Can I use an apartment building in Bridgeport instead of a 10x10 shack?

I really want to try and expand on this idea once I finish a playthrough of it using traits and maybe random number generators more. This is going to be awesome :D
Field Researcher
#80 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:53 PM
I was thinking of using Twinbrook for this, but I'm already using Twinbrook for my Vampire Legacy Challenge fam. Guess I'll give making a world a shot.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snoninja
This definately sounds like a ton of fun. I'm doing this tomorrow for sure! I only have two questions first:

-If I can only have two electrical appliances, can I just light my whole house and count it as one appliance?

-Can I use an apartment building in Bridgeport instead of a 10x10 shack?

I really want to try and expand on this idea once I finish a playthrough of it using traits and maybe random number generators more. This is going to be awesome :D

I think lighting the whole house would count as more than one electrical appliance. Just buy alot of candles to light your home and use the two electrical appliance.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:21 PM
if it's a 10x10 shack, a ceiling light fixture lights it up nicely, i've done it for other challenges. for this one i use light fixtures like the oil lamp, cause, well, it's an oil lamp, not electric. or the wall torch from the tomb, cause it's a torch, nothing electric there. and i keep them sparing, cause in reality, you cary an oil lamp from room to room with you. or you just have 1 per room or so. you dont light your house up like the crystal cathedral with them. it's a fire hazard.

my sims have enough issues with fire
Field Researcher
#83 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse
if it's a 10x10 shack, a ceiling light fixture lights it up nicely, i've done it for other challenges. for this one i use light fixtures like the oil lamp, cause, well, it's an oil lamp, not electric. or the wall torch from the tomb, cause it's a torch, nothing electric there. and i keep them sparing, cause in reality, you cary an oil lamp from room to room with you. or you just have 1 per room or so. you dont light your house up like the crystal cathedral with them. it's a fire hazard.

mine usually have issues with electrical things.
Test Subject
#84 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 4:48 AM
I don't remember the name of them, but I use the stylish little wall candles. They've got a cute rectangular (ish) design. Before I upgraded to those, I used the wall torches.

Also bought a bunch of tiki torches for their huge garden because I got sick of looking at a dark lot. I cheated a little bit on the size of their house. I'm not sure if it's exactly 10x10, but it's close. It's a 2-story little box.

It's easy to justify building a bigger shack. Say you have a lot of apple and/or lime trees. When they die, why wouldn't the sims use the wood to expand their house?!
I also didn't wanna delete the mailbox and trashcan. I have no justification for keeping the mailbox. However, they could easily throw all their trash in the can and just burn their waste. Duh :-P

There's a nice big lot in Bridgeport on the other side of the bridge.....it's actually got a nice view, even for just being a game. It's past all the celebrity mansions & it overlooks the river. I had the oldest son woo his wife by the river since they were only about 15 feet from the fence. He's high enough in martial arts, he could easily jump the wall and help his lady over.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fawkes411
I don't remember the name of them, but I use the stylish little wall candles. They've got a cute rectangular (ish) design. Before I upgraded to those, I used the wall torches.

Also bought a bunch of tiki torches for their huge garden because I got sick of looking at a dark lot. I cheated a little bit on the size of their house. I'm not sure if it's exactly 10x10, but it's close. It's a 2-story little box.

It's easy to justify building a bigger shack. Say you have a lot of apple and/or lime trees. When they die, why wouldn't the sims use the wood to expand their house?!
I also didn't wanna delete the mailbox and trashcan. I have no justification for keeping the mailbox. However, they could easily throw all their trash in the can and just burn their waste. Duh :-P

There's a nice big lot in Bridgeport on the other side of the bridge.....it's actually got a nice view, even for just being a game. It's past all the celebrity mansions & it overlooks the river. I had the oldest son woo his wife by the river since they were only about 15 feet from the fence. He's high enough in martial arts, he could easily jump the wall and help his lady over.

Wouldn't zombies be attracted to the lot more since there's alot of tiki torches glowing at night?

I agree on the dead lime and apple tress thing, the wood in reality could be used to big more additions to the house.
Field Researcher
#86 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 1:25 AM
if your walls are high enough and strong enough who cares? ok not really, you should care i guess. ok, except that zombies are kindof affraid of fire. they might be attracted for a lil bit, but once they figure out it's a fruitless venture, they'll wander on to less secure pastures.

i mean granted it's not like zombies have other crap to do, but they do get really hungry. theoretically you can wait them out.

one likes to think the townies are dumber than their sims. my sims can run faster than any townie...
Test Subject
#87 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 11:05 AM Last edited by fawkes411 : 13th Aug 2011 at 11:17 AM.
Grab one of the torches and use it as a weapon if needed. That's why they practice martial arts. One of my sims goes to work on her bike.....it's pathetic, she actually rides right through the taxis since that's how slow the taxis are.

Also, I didn't notice this little comment before

Just made me think of one of my idiot sims who is a daredevil........when his mother was giving birth to the youngest child....everyone started freaking out, of course. He freaked out for about 2 seconds, then promptly went over to play with the fire pit, giggling senselessly. XD
Field Researcher
#88 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 6:39 AM
i have this zombie apocalypse fam i'm playing, the challenge is modified, i'm so tired of 10x10 sheds and shacks, and bomb shelters... i make alot of weird "crazy people in the woods" type sims who start with that, i decided to mix this one up a lil bit... so i had them loot themselves a deserted nice 2 bed 1.5 bath house on a huge house... i should be telling the folk in that thread this huh...

ok now i'm telling ya'll in the proper thread about this part. i had them ransack that house, it's on a HUGE lot, it has a garage, i pulled out everything i could find that was electric. i'm justifying the oven and fridge as gas. i only let them take challenges that REALLY fit well with how the apocalypse is working with it in my head with the challenge, this time i'm trying to stick to the generation rules. gen i is military, gen 2 is crime... that part. and there's NO SCHOOL. so it's kinds tough to get them decent traits, but so far not too bad.

just had a nasty run of luck trying to kill off a toddler who had traits i found less than desireable, but technically i didnt HAVE to kill her over them. i was doing it to try out the post someone made on how to get a ghost toddler.

so ok fine i'm a terrible person, i can live with that. i'm also a vengefull god for pixelated beings
Field Researcher
#89 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 5:43 PM
i have this zombie apocalypse fam i'm playing, the challenge is modified, i'm so tired of 10x10 sheds and shacks, and bomb shelters... i make alot of weird "crazy people in the woods" type sims who start with that, i decided to mix this one up a lil bit... so i had them loot themselves a deserted nice 2 bed 1.5 bath house on a huge house... i should be telling the folk in that thread this huh...

ok now i'm telling ya'll in the proper thread about this part. i had them ransack that house, it's on a HUGE lot, it has a garage, i pulled out everything i could find that was electric. i'm justifying the oven and fridge as gas. i only let them take challenges that REALLY fit well with how the apocalypse is working with it in my head with the challenge, this time i'm trying to stick to the generation rules. gen i is military, gen 2 is crime... that part. and there's NO SCHOOL. so it's kinds tough to get them decent traits, but so far not too bad.

just had a nasty run of luck trying to kill off a toddler who had traits i found less than desireable, but technically i didnt HAVE to kill her over them. i was doing it to try out the post someone made on how to get a ghost toddler.

so ok fine i'm a terrible person, i can live with that. i'm also a vengefull god for pixelated beings

killing a toddler on a game doesn't make you a terrible person.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 5:19 AM
finally starting this challenge, found a great world on the exchange
Field Researcher
#91 Old 11th Sep 2011 at 6:20 AM
This is more of a statement and not a question but in almost every movie/show about zombies the human that get attack by zombies would turn into a zombie themselves. couldn't I just make them look zombified and kick em out of the house.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:53 PM Last edited by Anonymous Miss : 20th Oct 2011 at 10:54 PM. Reason: extra info
I tried playing this challenge a few months ago and lost the game, but I'm thinking of trying it again. Just a quick question, what were the exact rules for leaving the lot? Didn't you have to roll a die to see if they live, or was it that you need level ten athletic skill?

Thank you! (: I can't wait to get started.

Edit: And by the way, guys, there's a Silent Hill hood that'll work perfectly for this challenge! I wish I had WA so I could play it, but the playtesting I've seen in it looks fantastic.
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 9:20 AM
This looks very challenging, something I may have to try out sometime! -bookmarks-
Test Subject
#94 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 12:09 AM
Default Looks Great!
This looks great and I've played Sims 3 non-stop since March last year and have every single expansion pack so I'm pretty experienced. I've actually made town like this before, and slowly built up the population but the thing that turns me away is the thought of spending all that time deleting everything. I just discovered this site but I have some old ideas of my own that I might post. My question, however, is, can I have pets? Obviously, they couldn't leave the lot and that would frustrate them but I love horses and dogs because of what they bring to the game. Finally, I suggest everyone gives their Sims the 'Hates the Outdoors' trait because although impractical for the gardening and fishing skills, it prevents them from becoming stir crazy which seems to be a big problem among players of this challenge. Anyway,sorry for my long reply, I'm just really intrigued by this idea, bye!
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:17 AM
Default Again... sorry
Can you use the open flame lights that are in build/buy or are they counted as electrical because the description says they are open flame and my sims are still complaining, even though I filled the place with candles from my one trip to the grocery store Thanks!
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:41 PM
This challenge sounds exciting! I will try it out. Now I'll have a save game for each of the towns (Appaloosa = Simself, Pleasant View = Free Will Challenge, Twinbrook = Zombie Challenge). It especially makes sense in Twinbrook, being a quarantine zone. Glad I saved that town for last. I want to incorporate pets into the challenge somehow. I wonder how.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumiina
This challenge sounds exciting! I will try it out. Now I'll have a save game for each of the towns (Appaloosa = Simself, Pleasant View = Free Will Challenge, Twinbrook = Zombie Challenge). It especially makes sense in Twinbrook, being a quarantine zone. Glad I saved that town for last. I want to incorporate pets into the challenge somehow. I wonder how.

Like in the games Resident Evil, you could make the dogs into the ones from the Resident Evil games and I guess that could work the same way with the other pets if you have the right textures to make the fur and what not look decayed.
Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:41 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm zombifiying Riverview for this challenge, and removing the school and trashing the area around it, terrain painting and making big holes already took me three hours.
Test Subject
#99 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 2:11 AM
I was wondering... I don't know how I feel about deleting the school. After all, what would I do when the cure is found? There still wouldn't be any school? Would it be okay if I just had the children skip school everyday?
Space Pony
#100 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lumiina
I was wondering... I don't know how I feel about deleting the school. After all, what would I do when the cure is found? There still wouldn't be any school? Would it be okay if I just had the children skip school everyday?

Save a copy of the school in the bin and bulldoze the school leaving the lot. When the cure is found and kids can go back to school, place a copy in the bulldozed lot.
Page 4 of 9