Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:19 PM Last edited by abufi : 16th May 2018 at 11:33 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets
Default Build Mode - "Create Pool" Cursor Stuck On 1st Floor Of Lot
howdy!

i've run into a very strange and very annoying bug with making pools and fountains. for whatever reason, no matter what floor i'm currently working on, the pool and fountain tools will only affect the base floor of the lot. when i'm switched to the basement floor and try to place a pool you can even see that the cursor of the pool/fountain tool is hovering way above the basement floor:

and if i let go and let it create, the game forces the view up to the base floor of the lot, where the pool ends up being created.

this happens on every lot. and it's only with the pool and fountain tools; walls and fences can be placed normally on any floor.

i've actually managed to find a few tiles on certain lots where it will let me create a pool on the basement level, but what the difference is between those spaces and everywhere else, i don't know.

lookit, here's what i WAS able to place - but nowhere else! (another odd thing though, i CAN place CURVED pool parts anywhere in the basement without a problem, but not square ones)

any ideas, folks?

EDIT: a lot of other sites seem to be saying that pools in basements has never been a thing you can do, but look above - i did manage to place them on a few odd tiles. just not anywhere else. there's gotta be a way.