Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 12:51 PM
Default Bidou's career editor -- editing an existing career
SimPE has a plugin called Bidou's career editor. I've downloaded the base careers and EP1 careers from the site, but the only career I can get it to open is the Science career. I want to edit some of the existing careers -- does anyone here know how I can open them using this tool?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 5:31 PM
From where can I get bidou's career editor?
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 10:06 PM
The career editor should be included with SimPE. It is disabled inside the SimPE "Tools" menu unless you have a career open for editing. Make sure you extract the ".package" career files from their compressed folders (".zip" or ".rar") onto your computer (some place you can get to them: your Desktop, "My Documents", etc). Open an extracted career ".package" file with SimPE, go to "Tools" and you should see the Editor is enabled. To have the career override an existing career, do not change the GUID.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 6:43 AM
Default Bidou's career editor
Deer MSD, thank you very much for the information about bidou's career editor. I found it in SIMPE,obviously. Now I am going to test the "program".
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:07 PM
How to save edited career so that I can find it in the game, and the oryginal career will not disappear? Another question is how to save changes in bidou's career editor? I don't see any "save changes" button or something like that.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 8:35 PM
To prevent the original career from disappearing, you need to give it a different GUID. If you are following a tutorial, there is details on how you do this as well as how you can get your own GUID to minimize the chance that your career will conflict with anything else. You do not save the career inside the editor. When you close the editor, it makes the changes to the ".package" file that you would have had to make manually without the career editor. You then save the file in SimPE by going to "File" then "Save" or "Save As...".

Tumblr
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 8:05 PM
Thanks a lot but I have one more question:how to match career reward to new career? I mean new career reward which I have done.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#8 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 11:08 PM
I think there is a thread with the answer somewhere here.

Tumblr
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th May 2008 at 7:16 AM
I know part of this has been answered, but my question has been redirected here by someone of the other forum I posted it on, so please bear with me.

I have been attempting to edit one existing career, and am so frustrated I am close to abandoning the game altogeather. I have downloaded SimPE and have done what I was told to do so far as downloading the career package and extrating it to SimPE data file... but when I went to use the SimPE career editor all I can edit is the Science career track, when all I want to edit is the Politic career track... Later I stumbled on a forum that let you download each career track individually... but can not figure out how to make it work... if someone could tell me what to do as soon as it is convinenient for them I would be appreaciative.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#10 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 11:58 AM
Hi Irish_Catholic

If you open up the "Object Workshop" in SimPE, then you can find all the career objects under "Other", "Sim Type". Just clone the career you want, and then edit away!
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 7:47 PM
I'm trying to edit the Education career that came with FreeTime, so that my Victorian teachers aren't going to school in cars. How can I extract the Education career via SimPe? I know how to attach custom cars, but can't seem to find anyway of extracting Maxis careers.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 12:38 AM
Heya shishmish!

See the post directly above yours.
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 7:26 PM
*headdesk*

Yea, you can tell I'm a noob at this sorta thing
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 12:10 AM
No probs, t'is all good!
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:25 AM
Default replace career
Hi. I already cloned the show biz career and edit it. Now I have a file .bak and a file .pakage. How can I replace the existing show biz career for the one I cloned? help please
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 6:21 PM
Default custom HOME bussiness
Id like to know i you can make custom home business things with it. I'd make my own thread on EXACTLY everything i want..but i can't even figure out how to the only place i even have the option to make a new thread is the tutorial areas and I'm not wring a tutorial i tried anyway and it just get a message that says read the rules before posting every time i try and this whole site has been frustrating since i signed onto it
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kastrogirl
Hi. I already cloned the show biz career and edit it. Now I have a file .bak and a file .pakage. How can I replace the existing show biz career for the one I cloned? help please

Delete the .bak file and stick your new career (.package) into your Downloads folder.
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 7:07 PM
Default 1
Where in my program files do I go to to find the default carrers?
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 4:30 PM
I'm not sure this is entirely relevant to this topic but i was hoping someone could help me anyway!

I've made a new career that I duplicated from another and then altered in SimPE using Bidou's career editor. I followed a tutorial and changed the GUID accordingly. I even changed it in order to be compatible with Nightlife and University. When I finished it I moved it into my downloads folder and loaded up the sims, but I can't find my new career anywhere.

I'd be really grateful if someone could help me out and thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 9:05 PM
I'm new to this kind of stuff and I am wondering where I can download the careers.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 9:24 AM
You can just clone an Maxis career in object workshop. You may have to be in Advanced mode to see them (a tickbox in Extra/Preferences)

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 9:25 PM
Default Dumb A%*
Sorry guys but I am a dumb A** when it comes to sims pe I want to change defult uniforms for law enforcement but do not know how to go about to open that career in career editor con someone please help me out I am going nuts trying to figure this out. or atleast tell me how to create a career package so i can overwrite the exsisting one.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:31 PM
You need to read the last couple of posts in this thread. Clone the law enforcement career, then have it open when you load the career editor.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shishmish
Delete the .bak file and stick your new career (.package) into your Downloads folder.

Where do you find the .bak file in order to delete it? Sorry I'm not following all of this... sorry.
-teril02

Life is a swirl of emotions, rushing through a raging river; one that no one can break free of...
- by teril02
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#25 Old 29th Dec 2008 at 5:20 PM
You don't have to delete a .bak file if you can't find one. The rest of the instructions should work just fine without.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Page 1 of 2