Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:54 PM
Default CC content
ok so i've looked and done all that you all said to do to put content in my game, i got the folder and that. now my hair, makeup and clothes are going in via the muti installer but for some reason i can't get objects to work. they dont show up. do i really have to click each file to install them or am i missing something to do with objects? No floors, doors, windows, etc. Its been a while since I played but i know I didn't have to click each file before with the objects. I"m sorry if this is in the wrong area or been answered already but i cant seem to find the answer. i love bed room sets so i really dont want to have to click each package file if there is another way. thank you!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 24th May 2018 at 7:33 PM
Have you checked out this tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

If package files are zipped, you have to unzip them, if they are called "something.package" they should go in your mods folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:29 PM
I did all of that but the objects aren't showing up anywhere. so far i've had to double click them in my folder and than it goes through the launcher but i dont want to do that for over 1000 files. i've tried everything just wondering if objects are diff from hair, makeup and clothes.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:35 PM
If you double click on them and then the launcher starts, they are sims3packs and not packages. You can put them in your downloads folder and mass install them with the launcher.

Maybe attach a screenshot of your folder and read the section about file types on the page Volvenom linked?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:52 PM
ok so how do i mass install them with the launcher? i've included three pics of both the mods folder, the packages that i used delphy thing on, and what the packages look like.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:59 PM
I put them in the packages folder and they are not showing up on the launcher to install
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:02 PM
here are the pics i didnt' put them in right
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:07 PM
was i supposed to delete this file also? d3dx9_31.dll file from each game? is that why they aren't showing up?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:09 PM
You need to place the sims3package files into the Downloads folder. Then they'll show up in the launcher. From there you can mass-install by marking all the entries and click install.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
You need to place the sims3package files into the Downloads folder. Then they'll show up in the launcher. From there you can mass-install by marking all the entries and click install.

i did, the one screenshot shows that. they are not showing up in the launcher. god i feel stupid but i just dont get why its not working. was i supposed to delete d3dx9_31.dll file i saw that in the link the first person said.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tessieparker
i did, the one screenshot shows that. they are not showing up in the launcher. god i feel stupid but i just dont get why its not working. was i supposed to delete d3dx9_31.dll file i saw that in the link the first person said.

The Downloads folder lies in the root folder under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads. Did you place them there? If you did and they still don't show up in Launcher under its Downloads meny I don't know what's wrong.
Also... I'm no expert but removing a dll file seems bad. It could possibly break your game. .dll are data files that the game requires to run. I don't know what the file you have does tho.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:18 PM
here is where they are.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:20 PM
here is where they are.

That's still the Mods folder. Look on my last reply. That address is the one you're looking for. If it doesn't exist you might have to make it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:23 PM
omg so i was putting them in the wrong place all this time? wow so now i do feel stupid. im so sorry!! thank you!! god i feel stupid.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:58 PM
omg so i was putting them in the wrong place all this time? wow so now i do feel stupid. im so sorry!! thank you!! god i feel stupid.

It's fine. I had similar issues the other day when I downloaded stuff from TSR. Regular .package files goes into Mods/Packages and works just fine. But those .sim3packages are weird ones because they need to be installed... somewhere.