Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#226 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 4:30 PM
Yes I would... But I don't know how to send a Pm on this site can't find a button
Where can I send one ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 6:36 PM
-great info.
Test Subject
#228 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:40 PM
@simsample Did you got it ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#229 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 5:46 PM
Sentracks, yes- it's Los Aneigos and I'm familiar with that world, it is populated according to this tutorial:
http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ting_CAW_Worlds
The MODL resources I could see are Sims. You might be able to remove the population before editing, but I've never tried that myself with custom populated worlds. See the information earlier on in this thread regarding removing sims.

That will probably be why you are getting errors.
Test Subject
#230 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM
could you show me the post where it is described ?

What do I have to do exactly ?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#231 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 9:02 PM Last edited by simsample : 14th Jun 2011 at 2:56 PM. Reason: Typo!
Using either a mod such as Awesomemod, or else delete them from the clipboard in EIG. Information starts around post #67 in this thread, it's getting a bit big now and difficult to find things!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#232 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 1:16 AM
I now have moving trains, animated windmills and barns with moving weather vanes in my world! I wonder though why EA didn't figure out a way to have animated objects in CAW in the first place, so that everybody would be able to use them.... This whole thing is another total bummer from EA.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#233 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 3:14 PM
Arisuka- WE WANT PICTURES!

There must be a simpler way of doing this, it's just a matter of finding it. EA never like to make things too easy, I think they try to leave us lots to figure out!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#234 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:31 PM Last edited by Arisuka : 14th Jun 2011 at 6:01 PM.
simsample

I can't start my in-game mode because the latest patch messed it up and my terrain is still totally un-painted in CAW... but I'll see if I'll be able to get a nice, low angle to show those objects in CAW. :D

Edit:

I could maybe export my world and then record a video in game, it's kinda lame seeing only pictures of animated effects... Anyway, excuse me the rather non-finished world in the pictures, I had to remodel half of my world to fit and place these objects in there nicely. BTW, the moving weather vanes can be found through the fog emitter, and placed on houses! I think this looks a lot more nicer than having them just on top of the barns (and those on top of barns don't even move, except if you have imported the moving effect from Riverview).

Test Subject
#235 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 8:44 PM
Quote:
delete them from the clipboard in EIG

I dont understand this part sorry
Test Subject
#236 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sentracks
I dont understand this part sorry

I think you do that by going into Edit in Game, where you have the option of evicting sims from their houses. After you do so, they will appear on a clipboard hovering over the map, click on that and select the trashcan icon. However, I think the newest patch messes up edit in game from caw :/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#237 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 6:38 PM
Great pictures Arisuka! You could change the flags on the Windmill Derrick so that it's available in the build/buy catalog too- that way you could use the fog emitter to have the whole thing on a lot.

Sentracks, yes, I meant as Chelz guessed- to go into Edit-in-game and delete the sims as you would do in the regular game. I've not found that to be as effective as using Awesome though, as sometimes the sims still remain in the world file despite being deleted. There must be a way to do this cleanly by just removing resources via S3Pe, but that needs more research.

Chelz, the problem with EIG not working with generations has a work around. Details in this thread ('Edit in Game crashing/ not saving'):
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Test Subject
#238 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:55 PM
You mean that I start the game Sims 3 and delete alls Sims in the neighboorhood ?
Test Subject
#239 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM
You mean that I start the game Sims 3 and delete alls Sims in the neighboorhood ?

You go into edit in game mode from CAW (click on the icon with the green diamond) and then delete all the sims. and don't forget to save.
Make sure you follow the instructions here to fix the newest issue with Edit in game

"Don't worry Ma'am, I am a professional. Underneath this pillow lies the key to my release."- Sherlock Holmes
Test Subject
#240 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 4:40 AM Last edited by kc922 : 18th Jun 2011 at 4:14 PM.
Default Lot names break when playing
I've modified the original Sunset Valley but left the original commercial and residential lots (added the Ambitions and Late Night commercial lots). When I reviewed the addresses in EIG, everything looked ok so I packaged the world and was moving on to testing it in the actual game. Now when I look at the lots, I get weird lot names (on commercial lots and vacant houses - vacant land and occupied houses appear to be ok).

For example Central Park's lot name is:

World/Pleasant_Valley/LotName:9038443088839058560

The vacant Myrtle Bungalow's lot name is:

World/SV/HouseName:Myrtle

Any advice on how to make them right in the games would be appreciated, thanks!
Test Subject
#241 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 11:33 AM
Quote:
You go into edit in game mode from CAW

But my Problem is that I still can't open the world in CAW !
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#242 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 8:42 PM Last edited by simsample : 18th Jun 2011 at 8:53 PM.
But my Problem is that I still can't open the world in CAW !

If you import the resources as in your post with the screenshot, you should still be able to save the file in S3PE despite the error. For some reason S3PE is not able to read the MODL resources, but it shouldn't prevent you from saving.

If you are not able to do that then perhaps you could tell me exactly what you have tried and what errors you are getting (with screenshots if possible) as I'm having trouble figuring out what you have tried so far.

ETA: kc922- the lot names are lost because they seem to be referencing the game files. The same referencing is used for the sims and the world name/ description. You will need to edit the lot names manually (as well as the sim names and world name). You might be able to get the names to show correctly if you go to EIG mode before you change the world ID, and edit the lot name so that the game reads it as a string (i.e, Myrtle Cottage instead of lotname: myrtle).
Test Subject
#243 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you import the resources as in your post with the screenshot, you should still be able to save the file in S3PE despite the error. For some reason S3PE is not able to read the MODL resources, but it shouldn't prevent you from saving.

If you are not able to do that then perhaps you could tell me exactly what you have tried and what errors you are getting (with screenshots if possible) as I'm having trouble figuring out what you have tried so far.

ETA: kc922- the lot names are lost because they seem to be referencing the game files. The same referencing is used for the sims and the world name/ description. You will need to edit the lot names manually (as well as the sim names and world name). You might be able to get the names to show correctly if you go to EIG mode before you change the world ID, and edit the lot name so that the game reads it as a string (i.e, Myrtle Cottage instead of lotname: myrtle).

Thanks! I was able to EIG but I'd already changed the world ID but slightly modifying the lot name works too.
Test Subject
#244 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:10 AM
Default World crashes to desktop when testing...
What I'm looking for is a checklist of sorts to help me figure out what's causing the game to crash. It saves ok in CAW and I can work with it in EIG and it exports with no errors. It also loads ok but crashes almost immediately once I send my test Sims to either a lot that existed with no modifications or to a lot on a newly built road with totally new lots on it (I only modified to add the Ambitions, Late Night and Generations lots if that matters). I also added the new spawners. No CC.

Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#245 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 3:50 PM
Did you rebuild the routing data before exporting the world, kc922?
Test Subject
#246 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:47 PM Last edited by kc922 : 19th Jun 2011 at 6:44 PM.
Did you rebuild the routing data before exporting the world, kc922?

I've rebuilt it several times but don't remember if I did it right before my last export. I will do that and try again. I don't know if it will matter but I did just remove the subway stations from the Late Night lots just in case.

Does it matter that I left all the Sunset Valley sims in the game?

Thanks and fingers crossed.

Edit: The tester Sims could move about the house and do things (ie: brush teeth) but the minute I tried sending them to a location, the game crashed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#247 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:26 PM
That definitely sounds as though your world routing is broken. The lot routing is calculated on the go, but the world routing is saved in the world file itself.

First thing to check- this has a different WPID and name to the original Sunset Valley?

You rebuilt routing data and then saved before exporting?

I've not done enough testing to fully understand the effects of keeping the Sunset sims in, but if you removed or replaced an occupied lot then you could have issues.
Test Subject
#248 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:10 PM Last edited by kc922 : 19th Jun 2011 at 8:29 PM.
That definitely sounds as though your world routing is broken. The lot routing is calculated on the go, but the world routing is saved in the world file itself.

First thing to check- this has a different WPID and name to the original Sunset Valley?

You rebuilt routing data and then saved before exporting?

I've not done enough testing to fully understand the effects of keeping the Sunset sims in, but if you removed or replaced an occupied lot then you could have issues.

They do both have the same WPID but I know when I first did the import with S3PE I undeleted the file that was deleted and deleted the file that wasn't marked as deleted (hope that makes sense). It does have a different name - Vistas of Sunset Valley. I did rebuild the routing data and save before exporting.

Thanks!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#249 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:19 PM
Did you add or move anything in the world editor mode of EIG (or in world editor mode in-game)?

What would be worth trying is to open up your CAW world file in S3Pe, delete the WPID and then save. Then, open the world in CAW, check it still has a name and description, rebuild routing data and save. Then export the world again.
Test Subject
#250 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 12:01 AM Last edited by kc922 : 21st Jun 2011 at 12:47 AM.
Did you add or move anything in the world editor mode of EIG (or in world editor mode in-game)?

In EIG, I pretty much only added or modified lots/buildings - didn't use the world editor at all (99% sure). At most I might have deleted some trees.

What would be worth trying is to open up your CAW world file in S3Pe, delete the WPID and then save. Then, open the world in CAW, check it still has a name and description, rebuild routing data and save. Then export the world again.

Will try that, thanks!
Locked thread
Page 10 of 12