Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:22 PM
Bad hair day - including pics
so i've made my hair mesh in 3ds max, imported it into milkshape done all the bone assignments but this is the result in TSRWS O_O ....

im assuming its something to do the the texture? do you think its because of the alpha channel becuase im really not sure, i didn't edit the texture properly yet. and as you can see when rotate the model in TSRWS the ponytail can be seen through the head. how can i do to fix this issue?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:32 PM
Looks like (at least partially) a mapping issue to me. Did you do the UV mapping on the hair? Not sure why it'd be seen through the head... I know you could run into similar problems if the bones weren't assigned in TS2 - did you do all the bone assignments as well?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:28 PM
Good lord, it has to be the alpha channel....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 4:38 PM Last edited by atzsims : 12th Jan 2011 at 6:31 PM.
oh gosh, i didn't edit the UV map much, just changed a few things i was going to go back and edit it fully, maybe thats the problem. i've done all the bone assignments and the hair seems to move smoothly with the animations, i also checked on the bone assignment tool that the percentages add up to 100%. well i think i done the bone assignments right but i haven't done a lot of bone assignments before so i may have goten something wrong, i'll get a pic up of the bone assignments if i can. But I'll check the UV map first and then edit the alpha channel and see what happens.