Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:52 PM
Default Contacts problem - creates a crack on the neck
I once posted a topic about Crack on the neck, here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424366

Back then I had no idea what makes it but just moment I go I realized. It's the Contacts, not all of them but these ones made by one sertain creator - her Contact eyes makes that little crack everytime when putting them on, removing them disappears the crack.

So what I really want to know is that does anyone have idea what could actucally cause the face mask /contacs to end up making a such a crack on the neck? If I create eyes myself I wouldn't want to end up making same kind of problem. And how exactly does the Contacs even affect the neck part like that
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:44 PM
I would guess that for some reason, those contacts must have a custom mesh - or link to the wrong mesh. Can you link to the contacts so we can have a look?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:14 PM
Is it okay since the contacs are not made by any creator from MTS?

Anyhow the creator is Korean I suppose. Here's link if you still can have a look - Just to see what really is is the problem that end up making that black crack. I'd really be happy to know.

http://blog.naver.com/PostThumbnail...ntCategoryNo=99
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:40 PM
Sure - why wouldn't it be ok? It's just easier to diagnose the problem if we can actually poke around inside the file - though someone else will have to do so, as trying to download from that site keeps crashing my browser.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 8:46 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 8th Jan 2011 at 11:36 PM.
I can download it and upload it in this post. It's not like doing anything wrong right? since it's just to see what's the problem, not like her creation is being redistributed or modified. And I'll delete the upload right away after it's not needed or if this is breaking rules.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:31 PM
Turns out it's even simpler than I thought. Part of the eyeball is mapped to the neck. It's not actually a black streak - it's dark pink, the very outside of the eyeball where it fades into skin (the texture colours in the pics beneath look lighter because they're semi-transparent, so that you can see the UVMap through them).

You can see it here:

And more clearly here, showing just the alpha of the contacts:

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 11:35 PM
wow, talk about sloppy work. Thanks Whiterider for solving this!, you're the best