Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#26 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 6:23 PM
you could run a bitorrent server the speeds always suck on them anyway. although peeps would have to download and use a bitorrent client to download. i don't like bitorrent much myself.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 9th Oct 2004 at 9:03 PM
Even a slow connection is better then no connection blade.
Test Subject
#28 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 8:22 AM
I would accept any solution that does not include spending money I DON'T have, that allows access to decent adult material. Now if you WANT to drive some of us away, then go ahead and require payment.
Banned
#29 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 3:36 PM
if you want to host adult downloads you are going to have to charge for them. there's no such thing as unlimited free bandwidth these days. it has to be paid for somehow. sure you will lose peeps but you will also gain some. and because it's hard for kids to pay for the downloads you will also solve the problem of letting minors in here.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 3:54 PM
I am willing to seed a torrent just to try out for starters, if interested. pm me
Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 4:37 PM
I'm willing also, since my computer would be available nearly 24/7.
Banned
#32 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 5:11 PM
the trouble with file servers also is you have to set them up to let about only 3-5 peeps on at a time to download otherwise the more peeps that log on the slower the speed would go. doing that if only 3 peeps are on at a time the speed wouldn't be so bad. but the downside is only 3 peeps can be on at once anyone else that tries to log in will get a server full error.
Banned
#33 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 5:13 PM
with bitorrent if there's only 1 seed than when peeps try to download the speed will be unbearable and it would never speed up. how bitorrent works is the more peeps (seeds) who are hosting the file and are online at the same time equals the faster the download will go. this means to get a decent speed you would need a lot of peeps to host the same file at the same time this can be difficult to do at times.
#34 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 5:33 PM
The torrent route sounds good to me. If the site is as popular as you say it is, I doubt there'd be a problem with seeds.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 6:11 PM
The only problem is the leecher. This is a small rodent that lives under rocks in smelly swamps.
These anoying bastards have the tendencie to get under your skin. The leecher knows nothig to less on how to behave in a social enviroment.
They are probarbly able to impregnate them selfs, considering that a male courting a female is to much of an social action.

i.e. There are rodents out there who don't share. The moment the file is in, it's shutdown time.

Banned
#36 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 6:11 PM
seeds are no problem but it's getting peeps to leave their computer on 24/7. peeps without broadband can't do that.
Banned
#37 Old 10th Oct 2004 at 6:14 PM
ahh yes leechers are another problem with file servers and torrents. the good thing about having files behind a protected area is leechers can't get to them!
Test Subject
#38 Old 11th Oct 2004 at 4:48 AM
And protected area doesn't have to be a paid privilege either!
Forum Resident
#39 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 11:57 PM
Most online was today with 604? That is about the time I was bumped off.... wow. This IS a great site and now it seems everyone knows it

Does anyone know how that compares to the most on over at the 'other' site? Just curious....
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#40 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 12:03 AM
Bumped off? How?
Forum Resident
#41 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 3:51 AM
WAs/IS it just the adults section causing the traffic? I figured it was the brand new shiny recolors and tutorial....
Forum Resident
#42 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Bumped off? How?

I usually have two or more windows open and open each forum separately (a habit from the slow old days A page either went white or failed to load and stayed white. I have been getting a white page with an 'error...blah blah..." message occassionally--this time it was just white. I closed it up. I went to another window to move to another page from there and that page was white. And I couldn't backup. I moved to another site to see if it was my connection (I'm on cable btw) but the other sites were fine. I came back to MTS2 and it was still 'white'. I went and did dishes or something else equally thrilling, came back about two hours later and it was fine.

Probably way more info than you wanted sorry...
Page 2 of 2