Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 1:57 AM Last edited by Loverat : 17th Mar 2005 at 10:52 AM.
Default CEP Updated to V2 : SimPE 31b Now With Wants/Fears Editor : S2CPI Updated to V1.5.1.2
The CEP (Colour Enabler Package) which allows us to recolour objects that have only one native colour state, has now been updated for compliancy with all EP objects. Update is compatible with or without University installed. SimPE now includes a Wants/Fears editing feature for your Sims! Deedee has written a tutorial http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=242 to get you started. SimPE is updated continuously so I suggest you bookmark the page and check back regularly for new releases OR check the Current Versions Sticky by CynicalChick: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50446

Both of these programs are considered as works in progress and you are strongly urged to read the documention and before using any game editing program BACK UP YOUR FILES!

Downloads of both these files can be found at the SimPE website:
http://sims.ambertation.de/

Sims 2 Clean Pack Installer is a great weapon for finding unwanted hacks/careers, moving files within your Downloads folder sub-folders, installing lots cleanly or repackaging your .sims2pack files and more!

Phervers has recently updated the program to V1.5.1.2 so go get your update here http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 2:31 AM
Thank you! I have already got CEP 2.0, but I know it wasn't really announced so I bet a lot of people don't have it yet....
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 2:42 AM
Thank you Loverat.
Any additional info on CEP2.0?
(Oh, and did I thank you? LOL)
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:06 AM
If the CEP was updated, why do they not update the numbers to let you know you have the latest release? (CEP 2.0, CEP 2.1, CEP 2.2?)
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:27 AM
Default Just wondering
The new SimPE or the CEP,

Do I need that in my game even if I do not do re-colors or skinning or any of that sort of thing? This stuff seems to cahnge so much. I would like to be able to keep up. It really sucks if you download something really cool and then find out it's useless, can someone help me out with this? :confused:
Forum Resident
#6 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:20 AM
Is it currently down?
http://sims.ambertation.de/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:33 AM
Nashirafae,

you need the CEP. Download it and it should install to your downloads folder automatically. Your files will not work without it sug.
Mesh Maestro
#8 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 4:39 AM
Thank You!!!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 6:38 AM
Kkai, I can't get on the site either. Really wanted to change some lifetime wants tonight.

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:04 AM
i think there is a serever problem (besous i had downloaded it last night and it didn't work (i maen simPE) so he took it off and now i went to the site and i couldn't get there .

no ears
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilkStockings
Kkai, I can't get on the site either. Really wanted to change some lifetime wants tonight.

Heh, I think lots of people were thinking the same exact thing...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 8:57 AM
Hmm. Still down.
I was looking forward to the university object recolouring.
retired moderator
#13 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 12:21 PM
That tutorial link is wrong, or I'm reading the post wrong (I just woke up).

That tutorial link goes to the clothes convertion tutorial, not the Fears and Wants tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 3:57 PM
Awesome! Thanks.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#15 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 6:05 PM Last edited by RGiles : 17th Mar 2005 at 6:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nashirafae
Do I need that in my game even if I do not do re-colors or skinning or any of that sort of thing?

You do not need SimPE if you do not do recolors or edit your characters with it. It's a tool for creating mods. You will need the new CEP if you want to download recolors, especially if you want to download them for usiversity. It has not been updated since January, and will not be updated frequently... there is no need.

Quote: Originally posted by meantime53
If the CEP was updated, why do they not update the numbers to let you know you have the latest release? (CEP 2.0, CEP 2.1, CEP 2.2?)
Because CEP requires certain filenames in order to work for the people creating recolors. The name of the files always stays the same. If you are in doubt, just download it. It's a very small file, and a fast download even on dial-up. When you install it, it'll remove any previous installation before adding the new files, so you'll never get a conflict. Also as I just said, it's not updated frequently.

RG

You can't use a bulldozer to study orchids.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#16 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 6:57 PM
Though Quaxi was very kind to host the CEP on SimPE's site, remember that the main download for the CEP is here on MTS2: [LINK], along with the connected discussion forum, where you can report issues and problems related to the CEP.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 10:20 PM
Is there *really* a tutorial for changing wants/fears? (specificly lifetime want). The above link is for changing clothes to young adult.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I have poked around witht he new version of SimPE a bit, and there is no way I will figure it out on my own.

I am Queen!
My pantyhose say so.

Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BetsyJayne
Is there *really* a tutorial for changing wants/fears? (specificly lifetime want). The above link is for changing clothes to young adult.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I have poked around witht he new version of SimPE a bit, and there is no way I will figure it out on my own.

Not that I know of. It's a confusing interface, and I don't think everything works correctly yet. For example, if you change lifetime want from "Become Mayor" to "Become Professional Party Guest", the values in the right-most column don't update. This is non-trivial; if you were to commit and save your changes, "Become Mayor" would still be the sim's lifetime want. However, the want icon and description would be that for "Become Professional Party Guest". I'm about to file a bug in the SimPE forums about this.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 10:54 PM
Thanks for the reply chiefaesthete, I will just have to *be patient* (Egads!that would be a first).

I am Queen!
My pantyhose say so.

Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BetsyJayne
Thanks for the reply chiefaesthete, I will just have to *be patient* (Egads!that would be a first).

Same here, BetsyJayne, same here. :-P
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 5:05 AM
will the new CEP 2.0 overwrite any previous versions when it is installed? Does the file name show any changes so one can tell it has been installed?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#22 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 10:29 AM
The newer CEP overwrite the previous, because it hase the same name. If you are in doubt, download again the CEP and install it: it won't hurt

Anyway, to know which CEP version you have, you can open with SimPE the file _EnableColorOptionGMND.package (in the download folder) and read the Text List inside.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 1:18 PM
pls, could anyone help me?? how can i change my simĀ“s eyes..i mean, i'm playing with Brandi Broke and i'd like to change her eyes color.. how can i do that with SimPE..where exactly? thanks
Test Subject
#24 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 1:34 PM
I still don't know how touse it...AAARRRGGHH
Can they show the mod ofthe mesh before modelling it or just make simpler and friendly use of SimPE
Test Subject
#25 Old 20th Mar 2005 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chiefaesthete
Not that I know of. It's a confusing interface, and I don't think everything works correctly yet. For example, if you change lifetime want from "Become Mayor" to "Become Professional Party Guest", the values in the right-most column don't update. This is non-trivial; if you were to commit and save your changes, "Become Mayor" would still be the sim's lifetime want. However, the want icon and description would be that for "Become Professional Party Guest". I'm about to file a bug in the SimPE forums about this.

Eh, how do you do that change?? Maybe, I'm too stupid, but I just downloaded Version 0.31, and I selected a Neighborhood, selected a Sim, clicked on the wants/fears-Link and there was nothing like a combobox or else to choose something...

I really was happy to have a possibility to change that lifetime want, because half of my neighborhood want to be criminal mastermind. It's so weird and so unpleasant!!
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: old news
Page 1 of 2