Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 9:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default scriptorium
I've had it for years, today want to download some new stairs but when looked for scriptorium shortcut in downloads IT IS NOT THERE. Doing "search" on computer brings up nothing. Going to programs/uninstall I DO see it there, but no way to make a shortcut from that (only option is to uninstall). I assume it's still working (I had lots of stuff there); how do I get it back (short cut) in my downloads so I can add something?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Jun 2019 at 10:53 PM
Maybe re-install over the top? I don't know whether that might be a Very Bad Thing, but I'm sure someone will know.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:02 AM
I reinstalled it. And note: the stairs had a link to their mesh, and the directions THERE said to copy a script to the Cdrive...and this is where I have lots of scripts (the "old" way, before scriptorium). Just to be sure I went back to Numinor's download, and he specifically said NOT to do that, but to put the script part in a txt.and put that in the proper scriptorium in Downloads.
Now I wonder about all the other things I have put in the C-drive location; they all WORK, but I wonder what the difference is putting them in different places..

Instructor
#4 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 3:21 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 19th Jun 2019 at 3:40 PM.
I made a post a while ago about Scriptorium and how to install hope this can help you.

Installing and using Scriptorium:

Auto Install file:
Link: http://modthesims.info/d/192613

Download Scriptorium Setup file.
Make a file folder for it where you keep Sims 2 Utlity files, then uzip it.
Run the Scriptorium Setup file. Make sure you are not running the Sims 2 game while installing.
Accept the agreement. Next you will see the options in the install. You have a choice to either install Gundmod's Radiant mod or not (I chose this option), leave everything else alone. Click 'Next'.
You will get a message about getting help regarding the program, hit 'OK'.
It will automatically install.

Now how to use it.
You have custom modular stairs you want to install and they came with a (.txt) file. They will not work unless you have this file. The one piece stairs do no need a Scipt. Just the expandable ones do. Do not modify this file. The only reason you would have to is because it may not have been formatted right (which I have run in to before, and it will not run correctly in the game).

This is how the file looks correctly Formatted:

#Marvine_rockstairs

modularStairs 301
objectID landing 0x00063E8D
objectID placeholder 0x00063E8C
objectID step 0x00063E8E
objectID topStep 0x00063E8B
objectID bottomStep 0x00063E89
catalogTextIndex 301

Not Correctly Formatted:

#Marvine_rockstairs

modularStairs 301

objectID landing 0x00063E8D

objectID placeholder 0x00063E8C

objectID step 0x00063E8E

objectID topStep 0x00063E8B

objectID bottomStep 0x00063E89

catalogTextIndex 301

Notice the difference. It is line spaced by 1.5 instead of 1.0, highlight from under title of stairs to end of file. Change line spacing to 1.0 and no extra line spaces after. Leave a single line space between title #(title of script here) and script. See correct format above.

If your file is good, exit out to the 'File Explorer' where you can see the (.txt) file, now open up a duplicate 'File Explorer' Window in Windows. Place the two 'File Explorer' windows side by side. Go to your Sims 2 download folder in one of them and you'll see the Scriptorium selections with the icon to the left of them. Click on the Scriptorium your script is for. You'll notice in the file location bar above that it goes directly to the scripts in your EA Games folder.

Example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\Scriptorium_ModularStairs

This is right. Now, go to the other 'File Explorer' Window where the (.txt) file is. Pick and drag it into the other Window into the Script Window you have open. That's it. Make sure you place your (.package) file in your MY DOCUMENTS/EA GAMES/THE SIMS 2/DOWNLOAD folder (I made a separate file folder for my content that uses Scripts).

Make sure you have the package file in your downloads folder.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 3:39 PM
Examples of how they look in my game.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 4:58 PM
Suzy: I have already re-downloaded & installed Scriptorium. The creator of the stairs said to put her script in c-drive, but I put it where the Numinor site said (in the scriptorium in downloads). Your last few paragraphs are confusing. I'm guessing the scripts are ACTUALLY in c-drive, and the icons (like scriptorium/stairs) in Downloads are just shortcuts to the same place. HOWEVER, some directions (I can't find now - creator? Numinor?) said NOT to past/copy the scripts into C-drive, but into the Scriptorium in Downloads.

Instructor
#7 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 5:06 PM
@grammapat They are in C drive, but follow the directions and load them the way I directed and you'll be fine. Those directions from Numenor are right. Just make sure they are kept as actual text files like my picture shows. Don't just copy the text within the file and past it into the Scriptorium file. Make sense?