Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default followed steps to fix crashing and graphics issues now devicelog empty wont run graphics at all now
Hi,

I followed the guides i found online to fixing the crashing of my game, one suggested downloading patches to my expansions packs (which crash log was telling me was out of date), i did that and then stumbled across the threads of getting your game to recognise ur graphics card, after the patches my game was still buggy and crashing whenever i went into CAS, i recently moved my games to a new pc with windows 8 and a good graphics card so i knew it couldnt be coz it wasnt good enough so i followed the guide to get it to read my graphics card.

i ended up losing the original graphicsrules.sgr file which was dumb but managed to copy it off an expansion pack CD.
i then went into the game and it came up with no graphics card recognised. i tried again to edit it but to no avail. i then went into devicelog to check and it is now completely empty.
i have made a backup of all my sims 3 files and started anew but still doesn't recognise anything, each time it generates a devicelog its empty.

im really stuck, could someone please help
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM
I send you my deviceconfig.log but there is no way to guarantee that this will work as we might have different expansion packs, etc., and there for it might not recognize the deviceconfig.log. I also play Windows 8, so, give it a try and remember to do a backup just in case.

Really hope it works out for you! Do you know what graphic card your computer have? Is it a nvidia or intel by any chance?

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 2:41 AM
I would try resetting the game to factory settings by following Crinrict's directions. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...installing.html

I keep an extra copy of the DeviceConfig file (not in game file) since I have had it reset several times.