Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 11:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default Clean Installer for Mac?
I used to own a PC and would download lots of CC here and never had any issues for it...well I switched over to Mac. I installed stuffit and understand how to install the CC, but where I'm running into an issue is when I click on the CC, it will pop up and say something about me not owning the right EP. So I looked further and see that I should install the clean installer...but I'm having a really hard to time how to do that when it is meant for PC only? Can someone who has a Mac and able to have their CC show in game. Please help me!!!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:51 AM
Try this:
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=456

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:07 PM
Also, make sure you actually do have the right EP or SP for the CC you download. Only about half the total were ported to the Mac. Also the entirety of what was ported is now available in one download, compatible with new Macs, for $29 from the Mac app store. The Sims 2 Super Collection. The original base game will not install on a Mac with a post-Rosetta operating system.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:17 PM Last edited by 2014greatdane8 : 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:31 PM.
I have all my games on CD's, so would my base game not work with the CC since it's a CD?

Also, I clicked on the link and downloaded the Mac version...but now my computer says it won't open it because it didn't come from the App Store.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 2014greatdane8
I have all my games on CD's, so would my base game not work with the CC since it's a CD?

Also, I clicked on the link and downloaded the Mac version...but now my computer says it won't open it because it didn't come from the App Store.

If you have the Sims 2 game already installed, you are fine. No problem. The only issue is in trying to do a new game installation on the Lion or later versions of OS X. This has no bearing on CC at all.

The Mac Sims 2 Super Collection incorporates the Base game, University, NightLife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Happy Holiday, Glamour Life, and Celebrations.
The PC Ultimate Collection includes all of that, Plus Free Time, Apartment Life, Family Fun Stuff, H&M Fashion Stuff, Teen Style Stuff, Kitchen and Bath Interior Design Stuff, Ikea Home Stuff, and Mansion & Garden Stuff.

If you try to use, for example, a hairstyle or dress that is based on an item from an EP or SP that you do not have it will not work. MTS is very good about specifying what is needed. Learn the icons for the EPs and SPs you have and check before you download.

As far as the installer from jfade, I have used it and recommend it. You have a simple issue preventing you from installing it. On your mac go to System Preferences, Security and Privacy, General. Make sure the lock icon in the lower left corner is open. Choose allow apps downloaded from Anywhere. Install the mac Clean Installer app. Then go back to the same place and change the settings back to either Mac app store or app store and identified developers. You don't want to leave it set on anywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:40 AM
Okay, thank you!!!