Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:48 AM
Default City Airport
Finally completed my last community lot.
As name refers, this time i deeply worked into the airport theme, inspired by helicopters files

The reason for this thread is to explain my new concept of "linked lots", the construction of 2 or more lots linked by theme, terrain level and walls.

This is my airport example:
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:53 AM
As you can see there are 3 lots.

The main passengers zone in the middle (5x5), the control tower on the left (4x5) and the parking lot on the right (5x5).

Alone they are non-sense, but linked correctly, obtains an impressive look inside the city.

Tomorrow i'll upload the file for approval with more detailed screens about the inserted details
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:56 AM
Very cool. Thank you much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:58 AM
p.s. the curved effect on the landing lane is a strange neighborhood terrain effect that overrides the lot terrain level...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:37 PM
From a real as well as computer bound pilot, the addition of an airport is a god send. I have been playing with the idea of a heli port, but much prefer your 3lot solution. BTW if the runway is straight, the elevation is less important. Real world runways are not always perfectly level, it helps, but a good pilot can manage. :-)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 12:53 PM
land isn't the problem
taking off would be
nice airport, btw
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Malek
land isn't the problem
taking off would be
nice airport, btw

If your not airborne by the time you reach the spot where the runway dips, you have got bigger problems then the terrain. :-0
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 1:41 PM
the curved effect is only into neighborhood view. Lots terrein is correct.
I'm currently working on the Seaside City terrain so the Airport is specially designed for the north highway.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 2:55 PM
some new pics:

security checks before boarding/passengers shops
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 3:00 PM
control tower (with computers servers inside 3rd floor) and inside view of the landing lane (1st floor)
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 3:07 PM
Service cars hangar / baggage recover for incoming passengers
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#12 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 3:10 PM
interesting o_o;; so nicely built o_o
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Dec 2004 at 4:41 PM
Props to you. Very well done.
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 5:10 PM
all it needs is a 747
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Dec 2004 at 9:11 PM
Awesome concept, Evilgab, and very well executed. Very creative uses of furniture. I don't download many "concept" lots, but I want this one!

en7en - "that pagoda guy..."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 4:46 PM
Lots released for now on my sim page:

http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/my...?user_id=906114

soon on this download area too
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 4:51 PM
really great. thanks.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 5:56 PM
I am downloading as I write, do I need to wait for Seaside City terrain to install it correctly? I am hoping to add my Heli port and Radar station to my "aviation complex". I only wish my work were half as good as yours.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 7:15 PM
you can find seaside city terrain into downloads area. I wrote about it because i currently build all my lots on it so for the best terrain fit i suggest to use it.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Dec 2004 at 8:36 AM
Gab,can i ask you something?Is the Airport Workable?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 2:18 AM
its probly not workable, but you could use it to make movies or whatever..really nicely built!
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 2:58 AM
I've downloaded all3 and I want to say thanks. It has added an appealing look to my city.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 4:58 AM
That's a very nicely crafted concept lot! I would download it for movie purposes, but my lappy couldn't handle movies. It has trouble enough with large lots. heh

That is awesomely crafted, though. Wow. heh
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Dec 2004 at 7:55 PM
Very nice airport!

My boyfriend is a flight attendant and plays The Sims some...and he loved it!
Test Subject
#25 Old 31st Dec 2004 at 6:24 PM
Very smooth! You make very good ideas and you seem to have right thinking habits when making these nice things!
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2